PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion for Ishmael/ wood stove

seafox
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Ish
Can you build a small outbuilding? maybe of straw bale or plastered baled cardboard and put your stove in there. and duct the hot air to your home?
thankyou
jeff

Chris Coose
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
He probably could cut a small vent in the roof and have an open fire.
Or he could watch craigslist and get a decent used model that falls into compliance.

Gary E
01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
I dont know what the deal is with Jacks stove, but if the insur co wont let it in the house, either find another insur co that will or sell it on Craigs list and if it isnt bought in a New York second, there must be a reason it's junk, then take that stove for a ride in his truck to the SCRAP YARD
Then get a new stove.

Chris Coose
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
For the type of structure Jack lives in there are certain wood stoves that are allowed. If he were to install the one he owns and has a fire he's in ashes.

Trying to count the number of stoves I've had for particular applications. Must be around 10 by now.

seafox
01-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Guy named david lee writting in backwoods home mag. sugests making a stove out of used propane tanks think will do so for my next one like a 250 gallon one so I don't have to cut the wood so small.
besides Ish has said he doesn't insuure to protect trailor and contents but for liability and it seems to me if the stove is in an outbuilding the insurance company can not complain