PDA

View Full Version : Saw my mom last night...

Tar Devil
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
... for the first time since she died. All my siblings have had visitation dreams, but I've only had nightmares of her last moments on earth.

I held her and sobbed harder than I've sobbed since she died. She felt so warm, so real. I woke my self crying so hard.

Later I dozed and saw her again. She was sitting in a chair, looked at me and said, "I asked him to save a place for you."

Damn, I miss her. If I had to loose one parent early, she was the wrong one to go.

BrianW
01-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow. Hope it helped the healing process.

botebum
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I still reach for the phone to call my Mom to tell her something that I thought of or wanted to ask her. It's really tough when Scooter takes one of those leaps in development and I want to tell Mom about it. Mom's been gone two and a half years now. I wonder if it'll ever be settled in my subconscious.
I haven't had dreams but my brother has. Don't know about my sister.

Doug

John of Phoenix
01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Every time I see a butterfly... <sniff>

Concordia...41
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I've seen Dave.

Once, in an especially vivid dream, he was standing on the front porch. The door was open and he was standing there looking in through the screen. Not trying to get in. Not mad that someone latched the screen. Not hurt. Not in pain. Just standing there letting me know that he was there and ok. :cool:

ishmael
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
A mystery, which I don't know the answer to. A favorite is a letter written just days before he died. Second Bull Run.

" If I do not return, my dear Sarah, never forget how much I loved you, nor that when my last breath escapes me on the battle field, it will whisper your name.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. How thoughtless, how foolish I have sometimes been!

But, 0 Sarah, if the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they love, I shall always be with you, in the brightest day and in the darkest night…always, always. And when the soft breeze fans your cheek, it shall be my breath, or the cool air your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

Sarah, do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again."

I've always loved that, but it is a little creepy. Young people, the man off to war, and he's telling her he's going to haunt her if he goes down.

Interesting question, how the dead appear in dreams. Not solid, just current thought(I doubt it will ever solidify) they really are there. When your departed parent or lover or sibling hugs you in a dream it's as real as anything else. Is waking the reality, or is the dream?

P.S. A very important part of dreams is realizing they are compensatory to our conscious attitude. What was she trying to tell you about your life now? Think on your attitudes now and then think the opposite. Somewhere in there is a message.

boylesboats
01-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Tar Devil,
I have experienced that a few times myself... I know it is quite shocking.. I have conversation with both of my parents... Waking up in cold sweat, looked around in the darkness, I couldn't see nothing...
I am still having flashbacks.. I doubt that I ever stop having them..
Their last words still echoed in my mind..

I don't know if their spirits is trying to tell me something, or its my memories re-visiting the past.. Some nights I ended up waken and cannot go back to sleep....

You're not alone.....