PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to you out east

Dave Gray
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I just saw where over a million people are already without power as the storm barrels in from the midwest. Here's hoping you escape unscathed. Week long power outages predicted. brr!

huisjen
01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Brooksville&state=ME&site=CAR&textField1=44.3467&textField2=-68.6842&e=0

Tuesday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Ooooooooooh Yeahhhhhhh. 45 sounds really nice about now. Meanwhile it's in the low 20s and snowing.

Dan

paladin
01-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Suzie stopped by to see if I needed anything....I asked her to retrieve a notebook from the car....it's got an inch and a half of ice all over, she couldn't get the door open.....the trash cans were set outside monday a.m. and they haven't picked up anything yet...lights have blinked a couple of times so I lit the one oil lamp near the computer and filled the thermos with hot soup and another with coffee just in case. The little wind off the bay is COLD!

huisjen
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Now upper 20s, ice pellets rattling on the east window. This is the warmest it's been in a week. I'm not complaining.

Dan

ishmael
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
We're missing it, so far. Snow, but nothing harsh. My porch light is out, so I haven't taken a peak lately. When the sun was up it was coming down pretty hard. Looked like a good ten inches, all said and done. Probably still is snowing. I'll take what comes, and won't like it.

PatCox
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
We've had every combination over the last 24 hours, rain, snow, sleet, no icing, though. So far, the timing has been good, so, the worst has not come at the worst time, its ok. Just nasty and unpleasant.