PDA

View Full Version : Forum Xmas card list

elf
01-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Vince has accepted my offer to adopt the process of connecting us all around the end of each year through the exchange of Xmas cards.

Looking over the list I see that I am lacking email addresses for the following people:

Andy Abrahamson
Norman Bernstein
Nick Carey
One or other Carlson
Shane
Carl Feighner
Penny Flemming
Joe(CSOH)
Gages
Ian Gatenby
Memphis Huddleston
Shirl
Hughniverse
Mr. Lartin-Drake
Luckhardts
Michael Mason

Well, while it's true that I could do some scavenging and turn up a couple from that list it would be much easier if people on the list would PM or Facebook me the email addresses they want me to use.

And, if you wish to be added to the list, now might be a good time.

botebum
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I suggested before that from now on we do holiday "cards" or "family letters" via email instead of snailmail.
I sent over 30 cards out to people that signed up. 4 came back due to incorrect addresses(anyone else have that problem?). I recieved 9 cards from others. I'm not spending another $15 on postage when I can write one letter that includes more than "Happy Holidays, The Gilluleys" and just copy it to all the emails. Cards tend to be pretty impersonal in content. Nobody has time to write a note inside every card they send(we sent out over 70 cards total this year). One nice letter saying what your family did this year is more fun to receive and cheaper.

Doug

Hwyl
01-26-2009, 10:18 AM
My cards from forumites mostly had personal notes in them. Spin_Drift almost wrote an essay.

Your idea is fine Doug, but you can still leave those who want to do snail mail to enjoy life as they please.

elf
01-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Hoping for more responses..

Spin_Drift
01-27-2009, 03:52 AM
I too spent a small fortune in postcards, stamps and time which was OK.... :)

...but unfortunately we didn't get all that many in return. :(

Maybe next Xmas I should only write to those who wrote/will write to us.

I really, really enjoy getting a real card in the mail, and it's even better if it has something personal written in it.

I thank those of you who sent us a card. They were lovely and they gave us a warm Christmas feeling... Much appreciated...:D

Michael Beckman
01-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I think its worth the money. Receiving mail is fun.. doesn't happen often enough anymore. Plus, it makes internet people seem much more real, seeing a bit of handwriting.

Syed
01-27-2009, 07:33 AM
...but unfortunately we didn't get all that many in return. :(

I hope my card found its way through. :)

Vince Brennan
01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Em: sent you the full .XLS file w/ emails.

I spent a considerable amount of buckaroos and a full day of addressing things but it was definitely worth it.

bad addresses for me:

Carl Feighner and Thorne.

Unconfirmed emails:
Scot and Carl

elf
01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Carl and David, it might be good for you to confirm your addresses through the PM with me..

Thanks.

Concordia...41
01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
FWIW - I am hugely guilty of recieving all of your many cute and heartfelt cards, and not getting mine out in return. :o

I absolutely promise to do better next year (and even have the card designed already - vs waiting until the last minute like I did this year... :()

If it helps Doug, your and Tonya's card went up with the others around the doorway in my kitchen and was enjoyed by everyone that came to my home over the holidays. I know that doesn't make up for not getting mine mailed - especially to folks like Spin, Syed, and the Australian folks who went to considerable effort and expense to send theirs, but that is one more reason I intend to get mine out promptly next (this) year.

- M