PDA

View Full Version : jeez guys

LeeG
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Obama signs this and no one started the dreaded A topic. Lets hear it for the depoliticization of gov't.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama signed an executive order Friday striking down a rule that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family-planning clinics that promote abortion or provide counseling or referrals about abortion services.

Pugwash
01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
So did Clinton, but Bush put back in place, both within a couple of days of taking office and incidentally both on the anniversary of Roe v Wade.

Obama was actually a day late (the day after the anniversary).

:rolleyes:

BrianW
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Yea, more dead babies!

pcford
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Yea, more dead babies!

Yes...the wingers' cry...get the government off our backs and into our bedrooms.

I am thinking that you will most likely never have an abortion yourself. But you feel that you must control others decision to do so.

JimD
01-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Ten pages. Do I hear eleven?

JimD
01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
And let's not forget stem cell research is making a comeback, too.

Duncan Gibbs
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Just waiting for Sam to turn up......

Could be twelve maybe more Jim!!

Glen Longino
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Yea, more dead babies!

Nope, fetuses, not babies! Not your fetus!
Not the government's fetus, but a woman's fetus.
Keep yer cottonpickin hands off other peoples stuff!:rolleyes:
Don't blame me, it's the Law!

JimD
01-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Just waiting for Sam to turn up......

Could be twelve maybe more Jim!!

Here's hoping :D ...and how's that mighty boat of yers coming along, mate?

R.I.Singer30
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Y KT.

...... but a woman's fetus.
Keep yer cottonpickin hands off other peoples stuff!:rolleyes:
Don't blame me, it's the Law!

...it is the woman's fetus and choice, plus I'm not so fond of a lot of so called "laws"...

stevebaby
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Yea, more dead babies!They'll grow up and ride skateboards outside your house at 2.00 a.m.
Good riddance.

Captain Blight
01-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Yea, more dead babies!
Well, this is a reasonable start to a hot-button discussion!

stevebaby
01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Yea, more dead babies!How many dead babies do you think your country is responsible for in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq...etcetera,etcetera, etcetera.
Have a guess.

Glen Longino
01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
How many dead babies do you think your country is responsible for in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq...etcetera,etcetera, etcetera.
Have a guess.

Aw hell, Steve, we're not talking about Those Babies, we're talking about Unborn Babies right here in the good ole USA.
We got our hands full with Unborn Babies and No Time for Already Born Babies right here among us. Understand?

Captain Blight
01-24-2009, 01:57 AM
"Abortion: It's the Gay Gun Control!!"ой

LeeG
01-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Yea, more dead babies!

less restriction on aid to clinics in foreign countries where rape is used as a weapon and 13yr old girls are married off. There might be one clinic in 100miles in an African country but some republican middle aged dick from the US thinks they shouldn't be allowed to have US aid if it involves education about abortion.

Pugwash
01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
How many dead babies do you think your country is responsible for in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq...etcetera,etcetera, etcetera.
Have a guess.

Yup, but when they're born we don't let them drink "Rolling Rock".

We give 'em the good stuff, Coors.

:)

(It's an avatar thing)

stevebaby
01-24-2009, 08:16 AM
jeeze guys...drool cups all around pleaseWhat do you need a drool cup for?
Are you a drooler?

Pugwash
01-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Somewhat less than the 43 million killed here by Roe v Wade?

Abortion: No one "likes" it, Cafflics really don't like it. Libruls are conflicted. Conservitards are rabid.:)

Look, I've just saved the WBF from having to host 15 pages of meaningless bickering.

What do I win?

Pugwash
01-24-2009, 08:45 AM
you get the bronze banana

I like bannananas (how do you spell that effing word?).

What am I supposed to do with a bronze one?

Oh, wait a minute, I could put it in my shorts. That would impress the ladies, and might lead to some more hasty abortions, if you know what I mean;)

Fed-Ex it ASAP.

Pugwash
01-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Not to drift the thread, but I always wondered why nickels are bigger than dimes, seems counter intuitive somewhat. do you know?

Back on track.

Ha,Ha. If I didn't want to "dissapoint the ladies" I'd have to use a roll of Krugerands.

:) (not bronzed)

ishmael
01-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Golly, I have mixed feelings about this, as I've stated many times before. I think it's obvious that abstinence only programs don't work, but promoting abortion as an alternative to responsible birth control and abstinence is a loser. What's a reasoned solution? It's rather Solomonic and I don't know the answer.

I come back to a cognitive dissonance in the culture. When the culture is promoting sex, largely because it sells because it's a large part of our being, is there any surprise that young women are getting pregnant and having abortions? No. So if you want to limit this, change the culture? How?

I don't want abortion to be made illegal. They'll still happen, always have and always will, and the better off will be able to pay for a competent doc, while the poor won't and will go to the back alley.

As a final note, the US government shouldn't be in the business of promoting or fighting any position on this, seems to me. So I agree with the EO.

Tom Montgomery
01-24-2009, 09:24 AM
This is what everyone thought we wouLd do. It galls some people that he was elected anyway.

Pugwash
01-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Golly, I have mixed feelings about this, .

Really? I'd go with nickels if I were you.

But only because you didn't win the bronze bannnannnanna.

I'm sticking with that.

LeeG
01-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I think this'll sink without more than two pages unless SamF comes along

Duncan Gibbs
01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Here's hoping :D ...and how's that mighty boat of yers coming along, mate?

Hope may be in vain Jim, but I'll give it a bump along by answering that last bit: It's a long weekend here (Australia Day) and I'm bloody well as sick as a pike! Too much of the full time work business y'know!! Was going to be steaming the gunnels to fit. Plus it's been stinkingly hot and now wet outside. :(

Back to the TV! :rolleyes: