PDA

View Full Version : Mea Culpa

Robmill0605
01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I think that I owe everyone here in the Bilge an apology.
In a recent thread, (now deleted) I let my temper get away from me, and I responded to a perceived threat/challenge from another formite with another one in response. What I should have done, is to rise above it and ignore it.
I知 going to take a self- inflicted time out from the Bilge. The political discussions are just getting me aggravated, I知 getting combative, and it痴 making enemies of people that I otherwise like.
So please accept my apologies and I値l be back when I feel I知 not in the Gladiator mode.

J. Dillon
01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
It's winter and we're all getting cabin fever.:( Political wars here on the Forum do no good, but sane political discussions are enlightening. Glad you realized the difference.;)

JD

StevenBauer
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
I hope you don't stay away from posting topsides, Rob. Your posts are much appreciated up there. :)

Steven

Nanoose
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Thank you for your wisdom, Rob, and humility. Look forward to hearing from you once the 'gladiator' tranquilizers take effect. ;)

Glen Longino
01-16-2009, 11:10 AM
That's inspiring, Rob! In fact, I'm inspired to be more civil in the future and less combative.
Don't stay away too long. Like Steve, I appreciate your input on the upper decks. Cheers!

LeeG
01-16-2009, 11:37 AM
It coulda got ugly,,grandma would have come in and whacked a few heads. Of course that would be someone in their 100's so the shame would be unbearable.

StevenBauer
01-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Given that the two of you were threatening to turn the holiest of holies, the Wooden Boat Show in the holy land of Newport into your combat zone, I thought about telling both of you big lugs that if that's your intention, well, you'd have to get past me to get to each other, because the WBS is just that, the holy land. All disagreements end at the entrance.

Yikes, Milo! Don't go to Newport for the Show 'cause you'd miss it. It's in Mystic. :)

Steven

Ian McColgin
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Milo meant the secret woodenboat show.

But seriously, it's well to pull back when one feels just a tad too vitriolic. Good form!

But come back soon.

One trick when next irritated, write a moderatly sustained essay on Word and even before hitting the spell check, simply delete any sentence that referrs to a Forum member. Then rewrite to make the few remaining sentences say something about the thread topic. Then file it for at least 15 minutes and rewrite to make it stylisticly unified and flowing. Double check for nasties and spelling, wait. Only then go back to the thread. Most often the passage of a half hour or so will have moved the thread along that what you first wrote has already been handled by someone else and there's something new to anger you. In that case, delete the first from Word and start over. But if your bit is still relevant, C&P it into the thread and send.

It's either that or split at least a quarter cord before doing any response at all.

G'luck

Osborne Russell
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't know what the situation was, but fundamentally, an apology is a demonstration of respect for others, so I thank you for it, just on general principles.

James McMullen
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Good job! Kudos!

Captain Blight
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm very embarrassed to post this here. I shouldn't let my temper run away with my fingers either. Please forgive me.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
01-16-2009, 05:14 PM
It's official now.
You're a Bilge Rat!

Captain Blight
01-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Never!!

John of Phoenix
01-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Never? Never you say? ?
You've had how many time outs and still keep coming back.
You're hooked my good fellow. You have been assimilated.

The word you're loking for is "FOREVER!!"