PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of a Great American Icon

pcford
01-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Another Icon will be missed

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs.
Butterworth , Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker , the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children:
John Dough , Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

Phillip Allen
01-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Alas, I have had a jaundiced view of the Pillsbury Doughboy ever since I saw "Ghostbusters"!:)

I think you're confusing golden brown with yellow

Bill Lowe
01-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Well done PC

Joe Dupere
01-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Alas, I have had a jaundiced view of the Pillsbury Doughboy ever since I saw "Ghostbusters"!:)

I don't think that was the Pillsbury Doughboy. I think it was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, but I don't think SPMM was a 'real' company spokesman. :D

Joe, FPoP

coelacanth2
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
That was the "Stay-puft Marshmallow Man". I just thought you kneaded correction.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
01-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Just think, if only he had a gun, he'd be alive.

http://chouinard1489.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/killsbury.jpg

Saltiguy
01-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks!
You made my day with that one.