PDA

View Full Version : Pembrooke or Pembroke boats?

Dan-Q
09-21-2002, 06:24 PM
I have a friend that just purchased a 32 Pembroke or Pembrooke cabin cruiser 1966.
Does anyone know of this make?
I've searched the web but found nothing.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Dan, I would ask a local Rideau Waterway expert Jimmy Potter at Millar Potter Boatworks in Manotick. He would be familiar with most boats built on the Ottawa-Rideau waterways.... which I suspect is the area this boat is coming from ..sorry I don't know Jim's number but directory assistance should be able to find him under the above name...

Dan-Q
09-21-2002, 06:49 PM
Peter thanks, but apparently it is US built.
I will confirm this with him and let you know.

regards

nedL
09-23-2002, 08:18 AM
As I remember Pembroke boats were built in New Hapshire. They were built well in to he the late 1960's, possibly early 1970's and were of traditional lapstrake construction. I think about 22' to 35' pretty much covered their size range.

JLM
09-23-2002, 06:54 PM
i own a 34'pembroke like Ned said they are lapstrake mahogony one white oak. built in Suncook NH smallest boat was around the 20' to the largest being 38'.the first boat was built in the early 40s building around 1500 boats total.the Pembroke boat company changed hands in the late 60s early 70s becoming pembroke INC.then went out of buisness a few years later.

PS:do a search from the top of this page i have a link to some pics .type in 12 pics of my project in the search box and take a look.

PSS:the motors in these boats were palmer international 304 puting out 200hp each with bourg warner velvet drive transmissions good motors from what i'v been told good luck JLM