PDA

View Full Version : Spinner's Map - new plan

elf
12-31-2008, 08:31 PM
OK. Spinner and I have been talking and she thinks the map might be a really good idea for her planning. She's exhausted, being as it's already the new year there, but asked me to tell you all that she would quite like it if everyone would contribute to the map.

So, I'm going to start with new instructions for how to join.

Get yourself registered with Google.

Then PM me, elf, with a message that includes your real email address. I will then send you the official message that Google provides to me with the correct url for the map. Once you have the link from me by email, you can then click on the link for the map url, get Google Maps to search for your location info, save a pin for it with whatever you want the pin to be called and see everyone else's pins.

If you're worried about security, I think it's not necessary. The map is strictly between us, and not accessible to anyone but you and the rest of us who have the url and I can restrict those who can invite to Spinner and me. I've been doing that all along anyway.

botebum
12-31-2008, 08:37 PM
She's got a GPS. All she needs is addresses. A map is kinda senseless.Yeah Mike there was a sailor once that said "who needs charts? I got GPS." I have no idea where he went down ... neither did he:D

Doug

Yeadon
12-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Google maps are fun. That's half the point.

botebum
12-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Can we get aud/vid of Spinner's visit to your house Mike? I can see it now. "Spin, did you want something to drink? The fridge is in the kitchen. By the way, I cooked. Hope you like it. You've got dish duty. And don't tell me I'm rude, I'm the nicest guy I know!"
Just messin' with ya' Mike:D

Doug

Concordia...41
12-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Mike

botebum
12-31-2008, 08:55 PM
She won't be eating squirrel, here.It's a damn shame too. We could hook her up with squirrel, venison, shrimp, ribs, chicken, and dove. None of which has ever seen the inside of Food Lion;)

Doug

botebum
12-31-2008, 09:02 PM
I hope she doesn't choke on the lead in it.Tonya does a pretty good job cleaning all but the deer. I get those. Summer actually cleaned the last doves we got. She's got an interest and a real knack for it. No lead here Mike, even the inside walls are varnished;)

Doug

botebum
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
No Mike, the walls and ceilings are t&g SYP. Not a piece of sheetrock in the house. And no jap motorsicles in the carport either:p

Doug

botebum
12-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Does the bike feed your family or does your family feed the bike?

Doug

BrianW
12-31-2008, 09:38 PM
I could use that extension ladder!

capt jake
12-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow, I am truly impressed...... A nice thread about putting together a nice map for one of THE nicest members and it degenerates to this????

botebum
12-31-2008, 09:39 PM
I could use that extension ladder!
It's for sale but shipping would kill ya'.

Doug

Vince Brennan
12-31-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm playin' nice. Sent PM

botebum
12-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry Mike, I thought we were playin'. I was.

Doug

BrianW
12-31-2008, 09:59 PM
It's for sale but shipping would kill ya'.

Doug

Meet ya half way...

...somewhere on the North Dakota and Canada border. Goggle says it's only 3888 miles between us.

elf
12-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Sorry Mike, I thought we were playin'. I was.
Doug

Didn't sound that way to me. Doug, you might want to calibrate your sensitivity to your impact on other folks a bit more precisely!

botebum
12-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Didn't sound that way to me. Doug, you might want to calibrate your sensitivity to your impact on other folks a bit more precisely!Then you obviously need to read back to my first post and COMPREHEND what I meant by "just messin' with ya' Mike:D" and then read my other posts which included emoticons to emphasize my joking attitude and THEN you can go back through Mike's posts and see where he was going. If you cannot see that I was kidding then you, as well as Mike need to HTFU. I was kidding around. Get over it.

Doug

Vince Brennan
01-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Dougie...chill pill time, OK? Send me an email.

botebum
01-01-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm good:)oh yeah- HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Doug

botebum
01-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Emily, I apologize for trashing your thread. It was not my intention. I don't really have issues with Mike. I really thought we were just playing.
I'll also apologize to Mike here.
Seriously, I thought we were playing. If you took what I said wrong then I'm sorry. I thought my intentions were clear.
I'll not delete anything I've said before. People can judge for themselves if I was wrong.
Again, Emily, I'm sorry.

Doug

Spin_Drift
01-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Emily, I apologize for trashing your thread. It was not my intention. I don't really have issues with Mike. I really thought we were just playing.
I'll also apologize to Mike here.
Seriously, I thought we were playing. If you took what I said wrong then I'm sorry. I thought my intentions were clear.
I'll not delete anything I've said before. People can judge for themselves if I was wrong.
Again, Emily, I'm sorry.

Doug

OK Doug, now that things are back to normal...when is dinner?;):)

botebum
01-01-2009, 02:31 AM
OK Doug, now that things are back to normal...when is dinner?;):)What are ya' hungry for? The list is there, the home is humble and welcoming. If you come this way, we're here for you. Bring Mike.

Doug

rufustr
01-01-2009, 02:38 AM
OK Spin,

The contributors to the OZ Politics thread are located just 18 - 20 hours south west of L A.

So the map of your trip should start here and move north east.

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/home/qualifier-country-au

botebum
01-01-2009, 02:41 AM
OK Spin,

The contributors to the OZ Politics thread are located just 18 - 20 hours south west of L A.

So the map of your trip should start here and move north east.

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/home/qualifier-country-auGood luck with that. I'm out of her way and I'm still on the right continent.

Doug

The Bigfella
01-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, start here, I'll run you down the river and put you on a train north to visit Duncan, WX, Larks, Rufus, Peter, etc.....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/Grantalagoogle.jpg

Spin_Drift
01-01-2009, 03:09 AM
What are ya' hungry for? The list is there, the home is humble and welcoming. If you come this way, we're here for you. Bring Mike.

Doug

Thank you for the nice invite...

.....the venison, ribs and shrimp sound especially nice.

PM me your email addy and I'll invite you to post your place on the map. You will also see where others are and where we detour through, to meet others.

When everyone is on the map I can see which routes to take so we can include as many as possible to our journey...

I've also included the true starting point in Finland. The journey though two continents is, -as Ian M says, "epic".

Only when you look at that map, you will get the scope of it....;)

Spin_Drift
01-01-2009, 03:13 AM
Austraaaliaah...what a sweet sound.

Gentlemen, thank you for the invite. We might come visit you one day.
It would be a wonderful adventure...Something we all will look forward to....:p

seanz
01-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Not going to detour through NZ then?
It's nice and warm.
The grass is growing.

Doug, can I borrow your lawn tractor?
:)

botebum
01-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Austraaaliaah...what a sweet sound.

Gentlemen, thank you for the invite. We might come visit you one day.
It would be a wonderful adventure...Something we all will look forward to....:pIt's not like you don't have a fine boat for the voyage. Retire early, visit all those places for us, and tell us in that way that only you have all about it.

Doug

Tylerdurden
01-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Too bad your going to miss all the Maine shrimp and Lobstah.;):D

elf
01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Figured out some editing stuff. When you're at the map and you need to edit the content of a pin, click on the pin, or the icon for it in the list, or the title of it in the list and then look above the list and you'll see a button "edit". Click on that and you will then be able to edit the pin info.

Whatever you do, however, please don't edit the info about the map by accident.

when you're finished, remember to click on the Done button next to the Edit button.

elf
01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
bump. I'm quite certain a few folks who've not emailed me for the map address were looking forward to visiting with Spinner.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the official invite to the map!

Vince Brennan
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
How's the map coming? I accidentally deleted the URL for it.

boylesboats
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Last time I checked, tag on mine is about 5 miles north of my house:eek:

elf
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Not sure about the problem, Larry. Not sure I can move the pin for you either. Maybe you can.

Also, I'm not sure how the map is going. I've been responding when people ask me for the link, except I think I got Vince's email address wrong yesterday.

But anyone who still wants to be on it should send me a PM with their email address so I can send out the invite with the link and instructions.