PDA

View Full Version : One Game Away From A Perfect Season

Paul Pless
12-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Will Detroit be able to complete the perfect season next week? Pathetic!

Mark Van
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I think it's been 17 years since they won at Green Bay, but wouldn't it be embarrassing for green bay to loose that game? I think the packers will be pretty fired up for that game, after their dissapointing season.

Wild Wassa
12-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm going to back the Colts in the Super Bowl. They are currently at 8/1. On game day they will be close to 1/2.

The Colts have the best Quarterback in the NFL. Their defensive injuries are all coming back and they haven’t lost in two months. They’ll be resting their starters this week, and the two hardest teams they’ll be playing in the playoffs are Tennessee and Pittsburgh.

I've still got money left over from winning on the Jets last season so I'm going to lay my bets early while I can get the 8/1.

As for the Cheese Heads, they are my team. I don't bet on my team, ever. I don't like loosing twice in one day.

Warren.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
You want pathetic, how bout the Browns?
I'm already looking forward to The Cav's and Indians seasons.
Steelers are gonna kick the Browns ass to end the long season next week.

Vince Brennan
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Nah... pathetic is reserved for "Da Iggles". I burned my t-shirt on Monday. If they don't get rid of McNabb and Reid, they're even dumber than they look. That last quarter was the final straw for me... worst field-generalship I've ever seen from a coach.

Wild Wassa
12-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't understand the Eagles. They let TO go and got McNabb.

McNabb is a good player, but have you ever seen a more selfish player on the field, in any code of sport, ever?

The Eagles need a coach who carries a cattle prod.

Warren.

bamamick
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I have seen a much more selfish player. His name is Owens. He plays for the Cowboys now :).

You know, everyone down here was pretty nervous about the Saints playing the Lions yesterday, but Drew Brees put a stop to all of that before it even started. Peyton may be the best, but I can tell you that without Drew Brees, the Saints would have been about at the level of the 2-13 Chiefs this year. The guy is easily the best quarterback ever to play in New Orleans, and that includes Archie in his prime.

Pretty cool year in the NFL this year. A lot being played for in this u[pcoming final weekend.

Mickey Lake

Mark Van
12-23-2008, 01:53 AM
My predictions for next week. The vikings are going to lose, and the bears will win the division. Dolphins will beat the Jets, and win the division. Chargers will beat Denver, and win the division. A week ago, I would have said that the Jets, Vikings, and Broncos would win, but after the way those teams played last weekend, it doesn't look very probable.

Captain Blight
12-23-2008, 03:08 AM
I've said it before, but it bears repeating:

22 athletic young men in tight pants fighting over a piece of leather. It's the most popular spectator sport on the continent.

Don't ask, don't tell.

Paul Pless
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Wooohoooo!!!:D

0 and 16!!!

bamamick
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
They gave it a good shot. Quite honestly, they played pretty hard this year and were close a few times.

They remind me of the Browns a few years ago when I was up there at a game in Cleveland Stadium. I am looking at the program and listening to the PA announcer and he is not saying any names I ever heard of before. Braylon Edwards is your 'star'? Now, the Lions are the same. One really good receiver and not much else at all.

Well, if this year doesn't give them hope I don't know what will. If the Falcons and Dolphins can do it so can they. They just have to bring in a few players and the right staff. Maybe the staff they have is alright? They finally got rid of Millen. Maybe the next guy has the answers. All I know is that I am glad that the Saints didn't slip up against them.

Mickey Lake

Glen Longino
12-29-2008, 09:39 AM
How about them Cowboys !!:mad:

Chris Ostlind
12-29-2008, 09:48 AM
... and here I thought the "Perfect Season" tag line was all about Utah kicking 'Bama's butts in the Sugar Bowl that is fast approaching.

Ooooow, did I twist a few highbeams with that one?

Before you guys get all up on your back legs... I did not go to Utah, I only live here. My lovely wife did take her studies at U of U and I do have a measure of sympathetic rub-off for the Runnin' Utes, but I can't claim the joint as my gang.

Of all the bowl games, that one represents the potential for the most potent outcome. 'Bama has everything to lose and nothing at all to gain and Utah sits cleanly on the opposite side of that quotient.

No claims to a score or a victor from me. I stopped betting on sports of any kind a long time ago when I won a wager against a friend and he sort of forgot to pay me the ten bucks... ;-) I don't blame him. Really, what could be more fitful than tossing good money away on sweaty dudes, or dudesses?

Mrleft8
12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
For me, a season with NO FOOTBALL would be perfect! :D

S/V Laura Ellen
12-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Wooohoooo!!!:D

0 and 16!!!

Starting to sound like a true Lions fan.

cs
12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Guranteed first pick in the draft. Always look to the positive.

Chad

cs
12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
BTW I emailed Beowolf and offered my condolences, I mean congratulations ;) on getting the first pick in the upcoming draft.

Chad

Chris Ostlind
12-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Unless they've already traded it away from some reason... ;-)

Soundbounder
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM
My predictions for next week. The vikings are going to lose, and the bears will win the division. Dolphins will beat the Jets, and win the division. Chargers will beat Denver, and win the division. A week ago, I would have said that the Jets, Vikings, and Broncos would win, but after the way those teams played last weekend, it doesn't look very probable.Two out of three aint bad!!! And you were almost 3 for 3 with the Vikings pulling out a win on a last minute field goal.