PDA

View Full Version : Somali pirates flee during engagement

carioca1232001
11-26-2008, 06:15 AM
The Indian Navy took them on TWICE yesterday and on both ocassions got them to flee, no wonder, as the latter are no match for the most elementary of warships

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Indian_navy_repluses_attack_off_Gulf_of_Aden/articleshow/3699918.cms

What are the Navies of other nations doing in the region ?

If the Navies of the other nations stationed in the area were to coordinate patrolling and eventual military action between themselves, those pirates would vanish into thin air in short order, no ?

Are political interests getting in the way ?

Tylerdurden
11-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Are political interests getting in the way ?

I think its more concern the public finds out how we have all raped their fishing grounds and lands and turned the whole continent into one big holocaust.

PeterSibley
11-26-2008, 06:50 AM
I think its more concern the public finds out how we have all raped their fishing grounds and lands and turned the whole continent into one big holocaust.

Yep ,that was the gist of a story here last week .The international fishing fleet is removing 3x as much protein from Somali diets as the aid programs supply .Local fishermen have have no income so become pirates or crew for pirates .

Maybe arresting the foreign fishing boats would be a good first step .

Tylerdurden
11-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Always a story behind the story. People in general do not want to be criminals. Its a tough life and either forced or taught behavior.
Give a man a fair wage for a fair days labor and usually no problems will exist for either side. When the boss starts rubbing his wealth in your face or taking advantage people react.
If one really wants to stop piracy they will treat the underlying causation first. They can beat the dogs all they want they will just get meaner dogs.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2008, 08:45 AM
I really hate to see the pirates get away...they'll just come back