PDA

View Full Version : Buy japanese......

paladin
11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I have no pity on some folks and their buying habits. I posted 5 rifles for sale with a brokerage firm (no cost for the listings) and listed them at very fair prices. Some weenie has sent me a half dozen e-mails trying to diddle me down 50 bucks in price....sez he can buy a certain model new in box for 50 dollars less than what I want...told him to go ahead but he keeps sending mails....My weapons are U.S. made and may pass for new if I put them in factory boxes...but he can buy the Jap stuff cheaper.....on a couple of others the factory new price is fixed...I offered two new units for $25 under factory price....and another fellow wants to argue...and these particular rifles are made by the original maker which are very good manufacture and the present maker has had feed problems. I advertised the Colt Saur rifles at a very good price....and a well known firearms retailer e-mailed an offer to put them in stock at 1/2 what they are worth....
another rare pistol was advertised for $2200 and I get some weenie wanting me to donate it and I know that the Smithsonian has 2 of them, but not nearly as nice as mine...made in 1864...
I think a lot of folks deserve what they get, always want something at the expense of others...

Phillip Allen
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Chuck, when I ran the gun shop I learned that the asking price meant nothing at all to many people...with guns (they reason) dickering is expected. I could ask one dollar for a new Purdy and sons and expect someone would want to haggle over the price...

(oh, and tell the guy who wanted you to donate the teat-fired pistol to forget it...you just located a stash of several original boxes of ammo and intend to shoot em up befor you sell it :)

PeterSibley
11-14-2008, 05:15 PM
They can ask ,but that's about it .

Phillip Allen
11-14-2008, 05:17 PM
They can ask ,but that's about it .

I like my idea better...good ole passive-aggressive meaness

paladin
11-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Phillip....If I had the ammo I could list a box of it for more than the pistol....Colt bought the company and destroyed the tooling and took the pistols as trade ins and then had them destroyed...they were killing his business....

Phillip Allen
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Phillip....If I had the ammo I could list a box of it for more than the pistol....Colt bought the company and destroyed the tooling and took the pistols as trade ins and then had them destroyed...they were killing his business....

I'm aware of that Chuck...just think of how the guy will recieve the message though...in fact, tell him you've already gone through one box though most didn't go off...lay it on thick

paladin
11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
That's sorta what I did with a .69 cal. Horse Pistol...The guy wanted it so bad I thought the drools were worse than a bulldog...but in the last couple of weeks I have become more acutely aware of what the insurance and the storage is costing me...they raised the storage price 6 months ago...and last week told me they were raising it again....so the faster I clean the place out the better it will be...same with the house and health insurance.

ishmael
11-14-2008, 05:51 PM
As Phillip and Peter alluded, it depends on the what you are selling. I'm sure you, Chuck, having evaluated things, are asking a fair price. But some people just dicker because of their natures, and in certain circumstances it's expected. Ya can't go to a New England flea market and not do some horse trading. It's considered bizarre if you do. LOL. Some folks can't get out of that headset.

Pestering over a price has to be mostly an internet phenomenon. You really pester someone around these parts and there's liable to be an, um, loud argument.

A "FIRM" in the adverts might help.

Saltiguy
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
My limited experience in internet commerce tells me that it is a great place to buy, but a bad place to sell. Too many bottom feeders.

Ross M
11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey Chuck

Could you PM me about where they are listed? Can't imagine better cared for samples anywhere else :cool:

Ross

George Jung
11-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Have you contacted the Smithsonian? Perhaps they'd be interested in upgrading...

Human nature, as far a 'dealing you down'. Have a lil' fun with it! (Phillip has some good ideas..)