PDA

View Full Version : Change the word "Elect" to "Hire"

ron ll
11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Just returned from voting and it occured to me that it would make more sense to keep in mind that we are "hiring" these people. Would be good for them to keep that in mind as well.

Phillip Allen
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I did that years ago...those who worship authority haven't though

skuthorp
11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I like that Ron II, that could make the selection of a candidate out of the sticky hands of the party elite. Obama's funding campaign is a model to take that influence out of the hands of the rich and powerful.
Has the potential to make voting a personal involvement, but you'd have to do something about the 'college' system as well.

ljb5
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Just returned from voting and it occured to me that it would make more sense to keep in mind that we are "hiring" these people. Would be good for them to keep that in mind as well.

Does that mean we can stop speculating about their religion and their distant relatives?

ahp
11-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I totally agree. It should also apply to our County Commissioners, who seem to be members of a "Good 'ol Boys" club. The recently ignored a referendum about where to expand the county jail, and are about to build on the some of the valuable and taxable land with a water front view.

pila
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
That sure sounds like typical local politics. Those prisoners need a good view to help rehabilitate them:D

Joe (SoCal)
11-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Does that mean we can stop speculating about their religion and their distant relatives?

Wow that was a good one ;)