PDA

View Full Version : How Many Have Already Voted?

Memphis Mike
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I have. I voted on Tues. night. Have you voted yet or will you wait till Nov. 4th?

StevenBauer
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Mary and I voted. Gavin, too. :)

Steven

hokiefan
10-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Done

Tom Montgomery
10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I'll vote on Nov. 4th.

Memphis Mike
10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll vote on Nov. 4th.

You better pack a lunch.:eek:

Tom Montgomery
10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
My neighborhood always has a big turnout. So I'm used to crowds. I figure on showing up around 9:00AM or so.

mmd
10-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Yup. Weeks ago. Over and done in six weeks.

Memphis Mike
10-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Yup. Weeks ago. Over and done in six weeks.

I hope you voted for Obama.

Pernicious Atavist
10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
i voted. Mixed ticket. Why? Because my BRAIN still works....

botebum
10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Tonya and I are going tomorrow morning. Scooter said she's voting for McCain so it's off to bed with no supper and we'll be hanging her on a coathook while Mom and I go vote. Kids:rolleyes:

Doug

seanz
10-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I have. I voted on Tues. night. Have you voted yet or will you wait till Nov. 4th?

We have to wait till Nov 8th.

ChrisF
10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll vote on Nov. 4. In this little Maine town you just walk in, fill out your paper ballot, stuff it in the box, and sign whatever petitions appeal on your way out. No waiting, no machines, no hanging chads. Life the way it should be . . . except for the ice storms.

brad9798
10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
11/4/08 is the VOTING day for me ... have never voted early, and I plan to never do so!

I have never been into the early voting thing!

But it WILL be a mixed ticket for me ... as a good family friend is running for Missouri Governor-- Jay Nixon ... and I REALLY like him!

Just may be mixed ticket all the way up ... and probably will be!

:D

Rick-Mi
10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
My wife, one adult child and I will be voting November 4th. The other two sent their absentee ballots after we had our typical pre-vote family meeting. We like to agree as much as possible so as not to cancel each others votes.

Although all are still into sports and school instead of drugs; in spite of every attempt at reason sharing the fact that for over 30 years NORML has tried to use incrementalism to legalize marijuana, two of my offspring are voting for it's medical use. To make things worse, the young adult still living at home will not listen to reason and cannot force himself to hold his nose and vote for John McCain. He will be casting for Bob Barr.

Where did I go wrong :confused:

Michael Beckman
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
My wife, one adult child and I will be voting November 4th. The other two sent their absentee ballots after we had our typical pre-vote family meeting. We like to agree as much as possible so as not to cancel each others votes.

Although all are still into sports and school instead of drugs; in spite of every attempt at reason sharing the fact that for over 30 years NORML has tried to use incrementalism to legalize marijuana, two of my offspring are voting for it's medical use. To make things worse, the young adult still living at home will not listen to reason and cannot force himself to hold his nose and vote for John McCain. He will be casting for Bob Barr.

Why should it be illegal?

If my parents tried to force my vote I'd tell them to kindly **** off.

Ron Carter
10-30-2008, 09:24 PM
done, last week.

Rick-Mi
10-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Why should it be illegal?

Because NORML has finally found a way to sneak the issue on a Michigan Ballot that has an excellent chance of passing.

If my parents tried to force my vote I'd tell them to kindly **** off.

Ummmm..... They did exactly that in a more tactful way.

capt jake
10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I voted over a week ago. Just as soon as the ballot arrived!. Off to the ballot box the next morning. :)

paladin
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I voted this past week...mailed it in Monday...

elf
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I mailed a ballot today but it wasn't mine.

I'll wait 'til the 4th and carry signs too.

As for the pot issue, legalizing it gets my vote here in MA. The war on drugs has been a complete catastrophe and waste of money. The money would have been better spent on creating good jobs for all those poor people whose lives are so forlorn that they turn to drugs, and for finding cures for the physiological aspects of addiction. Today I actually heard someone running for state rep here on the Cape claiming that we needed to keep pot illegal so that people would be forced to get drug counseling after being arrested.

As though everyone who smokes a joint is addicted and needs counseling. As though having an arrest record is going to make someone go and get a nice straight job at Wal*Mart instead of smoking a joint every day. People like that State Rep should try abstaining from alcohol.

What a jerk. And a Republican, too.
What a load of crap.

botebum
10-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Because NORML has finally found a way to sneak the issue on a Michigan Ballot that has an excellent chance of passing.

.That's not an answer to Michael's question. I don't think marijuana should be legal for recreational use either but "because NORML" did something isn't an answer to why.

Doug

elf
10-30-2008, 09:46 PM

At the preposterous presumptuousness that you can have an adult child and that the adults in your house should think the way you do.

Rick-Mi
10-30-2008, 10:12 PM
At the preposterous presumptuousness that you can have an adult child and that the adults in your house should think the way you do.

Trust me elf, if more people thought like we did, America would NEVER be facing the problems we deal with today.....

Vince Brennan
10-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Pennsylvania... we haven't a choice unless we do an absentee ballot. No "early voting" program here, worse luck.

David G
10-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Here in Oregon, it's vote-by-mail. Simple. We've been kicking things around the dinner table & such for a few weeks now. My wife and I voted exactly the same. My son... who knows. He asked for my opinion on various things, but didn't volunteer his conclusions.

"It's about time we voted for politicians with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough" <no that doesn't mean I voted McCain/Palin... shudder>

pila
10-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Nov 4th In a township hall, surrounded by republican farmers. I know some of them. They are not all conservatives, some are just cheap bastards.

Greg P H
10-31-2008, 01:48 AM
I voted last week absentee.

I and my witness took the opportunity to vote naked,
In honor of it being first time since '72 that I actually voted for a candidate, rather than againstone.

And I have to say as well...... 'if more people thought like we did, the US would NEVER be facing the problems we deal with today'

:D

Yeadon
10-31-2008, 01:58 AM
Voted.

Rigadog
10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Why don't they make it available in all states? Either that or election day should be a holiday.

Tylerdurden
10-31-2008, 06:34 AM
I voted to have a WBF get together in Portland.

1st rule, No politics. I will enjoy it immensely.

Another One
10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Me, a week ago Thursday. My husband, not yet and I'm worried that with his current heavy travel schedule he won't get around to it. :eek: And my son really wanted Hillary and is still so frustrated that he is currently refusing to vote. But I'm not done nagging him yet . . .

botebum
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM
On our way out the door now(slow start today:rolleyes:).

Doug

botebum
10-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Done Deal. Chalk up two more for Obama/Biden:cool:

Doug

Anthony Zucker
10-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Wife and I voted a week ago for Obama and the Republican incumbent congressman(a real conservative-he voted against the war from the beginning and is always trying to balance the budget.

But even more important, we voted to allow liquor by the drink and liquor stores in Knox county. Baptists and bootleggers will be voting against it.

botebum
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Baptists and bootleggers will be voting against it.Tonya is from Dandridge(Chestnut Hill) and wants to know what the difference is between Baptists and bootleggers. All the ones she knows are both;)

Doug

George Roberts
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
I voted this morning. I will vote on Saturday morning, Monday morning, and Tuesday morning.

No sense in wasting a vote.

botebum
10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
You might as well vote as much as you can- you might not be allowed to vote ever again:D

Doug

BrianW
10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Voted just today...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/stuff/ivoted2008.jpg

I'll be hunting on the 4th. Vote early, vote often! :)

Harry Miller
10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I voted on Vince's poll. It's the best I could do. I cancelled Andrew Craig-Bennett's vote.:)
Does anyone know why I can see the names of those who voted up until I vote but not after?

capt jake
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
I voted on Vince's poll. It's the best I could do. I cancelled Andrew Craig-Bennett's vote.:)
Does anyone know why I can see the names of those who voted up until I vote but not after?
I wondered that too. Then I clicked on the number, indicating how many people voted in each category. That is how you view it.

J P
10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
I was walking in town yesterday and a long haul trucker leaned out of his cab and asked me for directions to the courthouse. He was leaving and wanted to get his absentee balot in. If I had a quicker wit, I'd of asked him who he was voting for before I gave him directions. :D

I voted today. Quite a few young folks there. That's encouraging.

botebum
10-31-2008, 03:27 PM
I voted today. Quite a few young folks there. That's encouraging.Mostly the retirees and the young voters when we went today. A few my age who I knew and were also out of work:( When does this officially become a depression? Very few of my former colleagues from the local construction industry are working regularly.

Doug

24hacker
10-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I voted today - it took an hour and a half

BrianW
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
When does this officially become a depression?

Late January, when Obama makes the rich poor too.

Shang
10-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Yep, voted.

capt jake
10-31-2008, 06:21 PM

Or, more likely, when McSame makes the poor poorer with his health plan (or lack thereof).

James McMullen
10-31-2008, 09:41 PM
I was honestly excited when I saw my mail-in ballot arrive in the mailbox. I sat down and filled it in and put it right back in the mail the very next day.

seanz
10-31-2008, 09:48 PM

:D:D

Wealth only spreads so far........

boylesboats
11-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Warning: Votes casted is not refundable

I just found that out today:(

Harry Miller
11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I wondered that too. Then I clicked on the number, indicating how many people voted in each category. That is how you view it.

Thanks Capt. I hope things start looking better for you.

George Jung
11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Do you suppose the nastiness in the bilge will dissipate after tuesday? It's been a long four years!

I've taken a holiday from this place, and it's been so nice - but it'd be nice to return, and have only religion to bicker over....

From all appearances, Obama will win - but it appears most of the political threads are frequented by the libs. I've even seen some complain that the conservatives aren't arguing enough! WhatsamatterU - are you all sore winners? See ya. wednesday

boylesboats
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Do you suppose the nastiness in the bilge will dissipate after tuesday? It's been a long four years!

I've taken a holiday from this place, and it's been so nice - but it'd be nice to return, and have only religion to bicker over....

From all appearances, Obama will win - but it appears most of the political threads are frequented by the libs. I've even seen some complain that the conservatives aren't arguing enough! WhatsamatterU - are you all sore winners? See ya. wednesday

I doubt that..... There will be more complaints, some will wish that they never voted for that guy, or wished the other wins..
We'll hear about it... give it a couple of years..
It's all about regrets...

Michael Beckman
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Just voted. Now most of my family is angry at me for voting Obama.

Flying Orca
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Early voting and absentee voting has become a farce. As far as early voting goes, you come in on November 4th or you DON'T VOTE! You have 4 years to fit it into your schedule, I'm sure most can accommodate. As far as absentee voting goes, in the most extreme of circumstances should this extreme luxury be provided and only to American Soldiers oversees in the presence of polling personnel with a voters registration card and ID-No ifs ands or buts.

Why do you want to exclude advance voters?

Michael Beckman
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
My county is mail in vote only.

Tom Montgomery
11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Early voting and absentee voting has become a farce. As far as early voting goes, you come in on November 4th or you DON'T VOTE! You have 4 years to fit it into your schedule, I'm sure most can accommodate. As far as absentee voting goes, in the most extreme of circumstances should this extreme luxury be provided and only to American Soldiers oversees in the presence of polling personnel with a voters registration card and ID-No ifs ands or buts.

Surely you are joking. I take it you are one of those screwballs who think voting is a privilege rather than a right.