PDA

View Full Version : Prepare to be Disappointed

Scott Rosen
10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
When Obama wins.

It's just gonna be more of the SOS, just not quite as bad as the last 8 years.

"Change you can count on." The only thing you can count on is, there'll be less change in your pocket.

I predict Obama's honeymoon will be short. He is, after all, just another politician. Don't fool yourself otherwise.

Paul Pless
10-25-2008, 11:42 AM
no ****

botebum
10-25-2008, 11:44 AM
And you think McFeeble and the Bimbo are better? Yeah right:rolleyes:

Doug

Paul Pless
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Not at all, Doug, its just that in the best of circumstances, politicians are notoriously unable to effect 'positive' change. Obama will be inheriting a nation that is far from healthy on many many fronts.

joeha
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Remember Clinton. Just like the Bushs'. We will be sick and tired of whoever is in office. We will be ready to let who is the better saleman (of themselves) into office. Whether they are qualified or not. Poor way to run a country, if you ask me. For me I will choose who I feel is the lesser of two evils.

Joe

Phillip Allen
10-25-2008, 12:00 PM
(heavy sigh)

And none of these left wing nut partisans will say they're sorry either...hoo-ray for our side and boo to your side...football politics...circus-circus

Wayne Jeffers
10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
My expectations are low, so I doubt I’ll be disappointed.

The Democrats are only Republicans Lite. Both are slaves to the corporate interests, the Dems only marginally less so.

However much I would like to see another 1901, 1933, or 1965, I don’t expect it. But perhaps Obama’s election will defer the day when the Republicans turn the US into another banana republic, where the richest 1% own 90% of the country, not just 40%.

Wayne

Tom Montgomery
10-25-2008, 12:11 PM
When Obama is elected I do not expect there to be any honeymoon at all. I expect that what Republicans are left in Washington will immediately become obstructionist and negative. You thought they were uncooperative, negative and obstructionist during the Bill Clinton Presidency? Just wait until Obama enters the Whitehouse.

Lew Barrett
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
The greatest change will be that the electioneering will be over and whatever positive work might be done can be brought forth without our attention being diverted hourly.

Getting the troops out of Iraq, focusing on the Afghan situation will not be trivial changes if that can be accomplished. The country's economic plight is not trivial, and will not yield to fast fixes, whoever gets elected.

We're neck deep in the Big Muddy.

Cuyahoga Chuck
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
You Neocons can wish, prognosticate, fabricate, pervericate, or just plain lie. But nothing you can do will keep Barack Obama from sitting in the Oval Office for the next four years. I hope that stings. Then you will know how those of us who saw George Bush as a sorry loser felt over these last eight years..
In my view Obama just showing up for work every day will be immensely better than that sorry, born-again, neo-cowboy that you folks inflicted on this country.
The fact that most you are unrepentant shows how your personal biases override your judgement. This country is likely in for hard times and the guy who becomes president will have to start dealing with them before he is even sworn in.
Barack Obama is young enough, healthy enough and smart enough to deal with the situation. He may not be successful but having him at the helm will give a us a good shot at it because he won't be wasting time pacifying all those single-issue crazies on the right.
You can go back to your offal-filled right-wing blogs, now.

pila
10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I think ( there I go thinking again) Obama will come through OK if the way his election was run is used in the oval office.

I would like to know how McCain could balance the budget in one term. Must be some sort of voodoo economics strategy .....

Yeadon
10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
You can be disappointed all you want. But every day post-Bush is a day sweeter than before.

Bob Cleek
10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Right! I have no illusions. You don't get to be president without owing a lot of people and pay back is a mother. Nevertheless, watching the Republicans get their noses rubbed in it by "the biggest liberal in the Senate" is going to be sweet, for a while at least. Maybe just the possibility that something might be different will give a bit of a boost to the economy.

Phillip Allen
10-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Right! I have no illusions. You don't get to be president without owing a lot of people and pay back is a mother. Nevertheless, watching the Republicans get their noses rubbed in it by "the biggest liberal in the Senate" is going to be sweet, for a while at least. Maybe just the possibility that something might be different will give a bit of a boost to the economy.

you're wrong about that Bob...you're forgetting Gerry Ford...but a lot of very stupid folks thought to "teach him a lesson" and never learned anything themselves

Doug Wood
10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm hopeful that Obama will take the day but Democrat, Republican or Independent, we're all Americans and we need to come together to work on digging ourselves out of the deep hole this country is in.

I choose to be optimistic about our future.

pcford
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm hopeful that Obama will take the day but Democrat, Republican or Independent, we're all Americans and we need to come together to work on digging ourselves out of the deep hole this country is in.

Amen, brother.

Memphis Mike
10-25-2008, 02:05 PM
After the last eight years, how could anyone be disappointed?

Wayne Jeffers
10-25-2008, 02:07 PM
. . . watching the Republicans get their noses rubbed in it by "the biggest liberal in the Senate" is going to be sweet, . . .

Quadrennially, the Republicans declare the Democratic nominee “the biggest liberal.” :rolleyes:

Cynthia McKinney is a liberal. Dennis Kucinich, too. Neither of them has a snowball’s chance. Not in our lifetime.

Obama is a liberal only to the lunatic right. We liberals know the difference.

Wayne

capt jake
10-25-2008, 02:12 PM

This is one of the best things I have read in a while.

Specifically...
we're all Americans and we need to come together to work on digging ourselves out of the deep hole this country is in.

Nicholas Scheuer
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty realistic about how much "change" there wil be. I just don't mention it while campaigning. Obama khas a history of being an "incremental" type of legislator. Obama is also a realist.

I'm not worried about taxes going up either. There is no way we can fix all the infratructure that needs fixing, get out of debt, and institute national healthcare, while "cutting" taxes.

How many more highway brodges do we want to see fall down? How much debt do you want to finance through China?

Moby Nick

Wayne Jeffers
10-25-2008, 02:25 PM
. . . we're all Americans and we need to come together to work on digging ourselves out of the deep hole this country is in. . .

Absolutely!

But the Politics of Division is the Republicans' bread and butter.

I expect their efforts to spread fear and division to redouble.

Wayne

john l
10-25-2008, 04:54 PM
the psychological boost of a change in leadership, and specifically an obama
leadership will liberate many americans into thinking, feeling and breathing
a brighter future. the average american has been thrown off their own centers
over the last 8 years -- 1st by a stolen election, then 911 and ultimately the
knowledge of death and destruction of people in iraq brought about by our leaders
has demoralized main street. historians will demonstrate how these events
impacted business output, objectivity, satisfaction, and even desire to produce
or participate.

i think obama is prepared and ready for the obstruction and negativity that will
come from opposition. conversely if the election is tampered with via electronic
means our country will not recover. i certainly hope the author of the book
"looser takes all" is wrong.

LeeG
10-25-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not going to be dissapointed as I don't have unrealistic expectations.

Paul Girouard
10-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Well thanks for lowering our collective expectations , "just in case":rolleyes:

Yet another dodge.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Not at all, Doug, its just that in the best of circumstances, politicians are notoriously unable to effect 'positive' change. Obama will be inheriting a nation that is far from healthy on many many fronts.

Perhaps the people who voted for George Bush will give themselves a slap upside the head...as for Obama, what do you think the next four years would be like if Dubya was in office?

I believe the best of leaders make their followers believe in themselvesfirst. I also think Barack Obama is one of those leaders. Politicians are able to change as much as their electorate want them to change things. The sad part is that most people want to do the same things, and get different results. America under George Bush has done eight years of introverted self serving BS ...and he was VOTED IN BY THE MAJORITY.. guess what? The piper has come to be paid.