PDA

View Full Version : The Ugly Face of Feminism

Robmill0605
10-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Many of us have known for years that radical feminists are duplicitous — claiming to be advocates for all women when in reality the only women they care about are those who embrace the so-called right to abortion. With the vitriol, contempt, and ridicule aimed at Sarah Palin, the public now has proof of their hypocrisy.
Nineteenth century feminists worked hard for equal rights for women, but they were adamantly opposed to abortion. In fact, the anti-abortion laws enacted in the late 1800s can be traced back to the activism of these early feminists.
In the early 20th century, Margaret Sanger (the founder of Planned Parenthood) sowed the seeds of a new, radical feminism that continues to permeate society today.
Sanger insisted “No woman can call herself free who cannot choose the time to be a mother or not as she sees fit. This should be woman’s first demand.”

Although phrased differently, the radical feminists of today maintain the same belief system, insisting that women can only be free if they have unfettered access to abortion. It is no longer about justice for all women, but rather it’s about the stronger, more powerful females having the so-called right to kill the weakest females through procured abortion. Their basic tenet is that a woman can never achieve true freedom without the right to abortion on demand.
Author Cathy Young — who admits she disagrees with Palin on a number of issues, including abortion — sees the hypocrisy in the radical feminist movement when she writes, “You’d think that, whether or not they agree with her politics, feminists would at least applaud Mrs. Palin as a living example of one of their core principles: a woman’s right to have a career and a family. Yet some feminists unabashedly suggest that her decision to seek the vice presidency makes her a bad and selfish mother. Others argue that she is bad for working mothers because she’s just too good at having it all.”

What Ms. Young fails to acknowledge, however, is that the “feminists” abandoned their core principles a long time ago. They have morphed into radicalism.
Carol Fowler, chairman of the South Carolina Democrat party, recently commented that Palin’s “primary qualification [for the vice presidency] seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion."
Unsavory radical feminist and playwright Eve Ensler (of “The V-Monologues” notoriety) writes that she has spent her life trying to “help empower women” and insists the “everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism.”
Wow! Everything Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to feminism? Let’s see, Palin is married to a supportive husband who helps raise their five children; she chose life for her youngest who has Down Syndrome; she and her husband are supporting their 17-year-old daughter who is pregnant; and she has a successful career outside the home. She believes in equal pay for equal work and she believes in hard work. She believes in the standard definition of feminism that embraces the “social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.”
These beliefs and actions certainly seem to be representative of feminism. The problem is Palin also belongs to Feminists for Life and Ensler and her ilk reject the idea that a woman could be both pro-life and a feminist. A number of these radicals have publicly declared that Palin “is not a feminist.”
One has gone so far as to deny that Palin is even a woman. Wendy Doniger, professor at the University of Chicago’s Divinity School writes that Palin’s “greatest hypocrisy is in her pretense that she is a woman.”
A mother of five with a successful career may not call herself a woman because she recognizes that women deserve better than abortion. A woman who works for equality of the sexes may not call herself a feminist because she recognizes that women deserve better than abortion. A successful woman who wants what is best for women and children may not call herself a feminist because she is out of step with abortion apologists.
This is the face of radical feminism and it’s ugly!
First published October 3, 2008 in the Rockford Diocese' Newsletter "The Observer") (http://observer.rockforddiocese.org/Columnists/PatriciaPitkusBainbridgeLifelines/PatriciaBainbridge2008columns/October32008B/tabid/1559/Default.aspx)

Dan McCosh
10-24-2008, 03:06 PM
The article says she is a feminist. So why doesn't she seem to want to be called a feminist?

Rick-Mi
10-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Sarah Palin is really making the group of feminists you describe foam at the mouth. If McCain/Palin manage a successful two minute drive to pull off the game you can expect this crowds heads to start spinning along with spitting pea soup......

ron ll
10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
"Official Newspaper of the Catholic Diosese of Rockford"

That's where I get all my news.

Robmill0605
10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
"Official Newspaper of the Catholic Diosese of Rockford"

That's where I get all my news.

Yeah, and the NY Times is where I get my news on Partriotism, not.
Try reading, and evaluating the content of the article and not just where it came from.

Paul G.
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
abortion, why shouldnt a woman have a right to choose? as long as men & women want to screw there is a risk of an unwanted pregnancy. criminalising abortion wont stop sex & it will simply force abortion underground. If you want to deal with the abortion issue make sex education compulsory and supply plenty of contraceptives.

Robmill0605
10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Charles Krauthammer just coined the reason for all of this Palin hatred , he said it was from the;

"self- loathing feminists"

Where was all the feminist vitriol and hysteria when that sexual predator Clinton was in office?

Hypocrites all.

Robmill0605
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
By the way, I'm not a Christian, so if you want to think I'm just following a Catholic/Christian viewpoint because of the source of this article, I am not.

ron ll
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Try reading, and evaluating the context of the article and not just where it came from.

Oh I did read it and I'm sending in my subscription right away. :D

Keith Wilson
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
The problem with every abortion argument is that on the central question, the moral status of the embryo or fetus, there is no agreement at all. The arguments of either side make perfect sense if one agrees with their position on this question, and absolutely no sense otherwise. An amazing amount of effort is devoted to choosing words carefully to assume what one wishes to demonstrate, that a developing embryo is already a person, or that it isn't. The arguments are almost always singularly unproductive, both sides just shouting at each other.

John of Phoenix
10-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I've heard that the feminist hoopla about Sarah is because she's a bimbo.

But that's just from the lesbians I hang out with. Elitist feminist lesbians I guess.

LeeG
10-24-2008, 06:02 PM
the lesbians I hang out with say Rachel Maddow is hot,,and I agree.

Scott Rosen
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
the lesbians I hang out with say Rachel Maddow is hot,,and I agree.
I love Rachel Maddow's show.

It's about time the left had an answer to Limbaugh.

I have a cousin who's a political science professor at GW who looks and talks just like Rachel Maddow. Except my cousin is just to the right of Atilla the Hun.

Scott Rosen
10-24-2008, 06:46 PM
P.S. Robbmill, my wife and daughters can't stand Palin, and they're neither feminists nor ugly.

Flying Orca
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
The lesbians I hang out with don't watch TV... but they sure are cute!

Scott Rosen
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
ROFL! How are her ratings, compared to Rush? "The left" has had lots of answers to Rush...Al Franken comes to mind. I don't recall any of them coming even close to his audience.
I have no idea about her ratings. I just like watching her. Rush was fun to listen to back when the Democrats were owned by special interests and the Repubs were the party of ideas. But those days are long gone.

A big audience doesn't make anyone right or good. It just makes them famous.

Tom Montgomery
10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Donn is a Dittohead? LOL!

LeeG
10-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Charles Krauthammer just coined the reason for all of this Palin hatred , he said it was from the;

"self- loathing feminists"

and the reason for criticizing GWs rhetoric and policies was Bush-hate.

What a fascinating structure for self-delusion. The reasons people give for criticizing Palin can't be grounded in reality, it HAS TO BE an irrational emotion.

pila
10-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Not surprising what Krauthammer would say on fux news.

Keith Wilson
10-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Ms. Palin's becoming a gay icon, right up there with Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Liza Minelli, and Ethel Merman. Can't you just imagine a bar in the Castro holding a Sarah Palin lookalike contest? Too good to be true. :D

adampet
10-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Sanger insisted “No woman can call herself free who cannot choose the time to be a mother or not as she sees fit. This should be woman’s first demand.”

Lets examine this a bit shall we? This really is about personal control, the right of self determination. At the time birth control was illegal and simply informing someone else about the possibility of choosing when to have a child could get you thrown in jail. Now, I have an 11 year old daughter. Do I want her to know that she can choose when and with whom she has a child? You bet I do!

Adam

LeeG
10-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Ms. Palin's becoming a gay icon, right up there with Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Liza Minelli, and Ethel Merman. Can't you just imagine a bar in the Castro holding a Sarah Palin lookalike contest? Too good to be true. :D

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tfr/863058070.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD7WahAQgXw

http://www.opednews.com/articles/West-Hollywood-Considers-B-by-steve-young-081021-279.html

In what should send female impersonators and gender benders falling off their 4" heels and back to the costume drawing board for this coming October 31 dress fests, city officials in West Hollywood, CA are considering a last minute ban on gay parade and party goers posing as Republican vice presidential candidate, Sarah Palin.

"It's not that we're against dressing up as Sarah," said West Hollywood mayor, Mayor Jeffrey Prang. "It's just so tacky. It's just that it's like impersonating Marilyn. There's no challenge. Bangs, heavy rouge to build those high cheek bones and those awful glasses. Voila...you're Sarah. We expect our residents to lead the way, not come up with something every drunk notary in Toledo will be wearing."