PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Doin's 10/24

Bill R
10-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Whatcha doin'?

Friday- taking a break from chasing electrons to pick up a truckload of donated stationary woodworking machine tools for the Compass Project.

Saturday- heading over to NH and joining a bunch of forumites to cut wood and remember Ken

Sunday- honeydo projects and Russian Cinema homework

botebum
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Friday- Hunt in the pm
Saturday- Girl Scout Fall Festival, maybe hunt in the pm
Sunday- maybe catfishing, Sprint Cup race

Doug

elf
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Fri - maybe bluefish
Sat - cut wood
Sun - Hog Island tea and awards morning

MiddleAgesMan
10-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Put some carpet on the trailer bunks. Pad my hull and move it out of the second floor "boat shop," down to the ground to its trailer.

While all this is going on I'll also be entertaining my GF, fixing us a few great meals, and driving about 60 miles to visit a young relative in county prison.

If I get the urge to go a'huntin' I'll grab my Lumix and shoot a few pics for the collection. ;) I've been wanting a shot at Rocky, the racoon who lives somewhere on the property. He might be under the hot tub or he might be in the derelict runabout, up in the bow. I feed him scraps the cat (nor I) will eat. He's getting a little too friendly, though. A few nights ago he tried to follow me back into the house. :)

Saltiguy
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Bought a new boat today for my charter business. She's 7 years old, only run 50 hours, kept indoors in rack storage, and serviced once a year by certified mechanic. Got all the records, etc from the original owner. Looks showroom fresh and I stole it. There are great opportunities like this in Florida if you are watchful and have cash. Many people retire here, buy a boat and never use it. Maybe Momma doesn't like it, or the grandkids stop coming, or they have a bad experience. Anyway, I'll be giving her a deep cleaning and a fresh coat of wax. Other than that, there's little to do.

The Bigfella
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Fri - umm, that's now - just finishing off my third report for the week. Another hour or so... should be done by lunch time.

Sat - cleanup. junk throw-out time, probably do some project car welding too

Sun - Yahoo... pick up the new boat and engine. Bring the engine home to play with, take the boat over to Bazza's or Steve's to finish off and build a trailer for it.

Somewhere in there, gotta tell the wife I've bought another boat......

Ron Williamson
10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
SWMBO and youngest offspring are at a swim meet.
Eldest offspring will be watching her cousin at women's Uni Rugby.
I will be burning some more 6011 and 7018.
I might cut a big dead ash firewood tree.
I might also put some .22 longs into some targets.
I will definitely be getting dinner for my own self(often involves ordering pizza and buying beer).
R
R

Ron Williamson
10-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Ha!We've got two,as well as a pile of steel.
I'm learning from my friendly neighbourhood weldor/fabricator/machinist who's about to retire and doesn't want to leave us hanging.
R

MiddleAgesMan
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Make sure you put those 6011s in the right way. Put 'em in upside down and you got 1109s and they won't work fer sh!t. ;)

WX
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Firday...today, been shopping. This Arvo working on framing in boat WC.
Saturday, my son's birthday (30) and helping him move house. That night Thai take away and 2 bottles of Chardonay . Plus a bunch of DVDs.
Sunday if fit, more moving house:D