PDA

View Full Version : bath or shower?

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I decided to take a bath instead of a shower tonight...it may be the first "bath" I've had in years.

I got to wondering who takes baths or showers...one thing that lead to this is that I started putting the plug in the bathtub when I shower to get an idea of how much water I was using...looks like a minimum of 10 gallons and a maximum of 15 gallons...I also take quick showers of less than 5 gallons when I'm in a hurry...

Bob Adams
10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Bath is a special treat....the house I put an offer on has one of those super deep soaking tubs,ooooh, that would be nice!

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 05:33 PM
that prolly why I haven't taken a soaky bath for so long...I'm too fat to be comfortable

Donn
10-22-2008, 05:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/donnwest/003-62.jpg

No tub yet. Her Highness hasn't found one she likes.

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 05:54 PM

seems odd...does she want to be on display while in the tub?...prolly not

Donn
10-22-2008, 05:58 PM
My eyes only.

It has to be "just right," don't you know? Brand new, antique, yada yada yada. She's looked at hundreds of tubs, but nothing tickles her fancy yet.

Yeadon
10-22-2008, 05:58 PM
what is this, some sort of web cam?

Flying Orca
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Usually, shower. Bath if I need to treat my psoriasis, feel like a bit of luxury, or have a cold and want to warm up.

paladin
10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Have both, prefer shower....had the largest upstairs bath measured for a jacuzzi....but then the place in Annapolis became available. It's in a retirement community but has a very large garage that extends to the back of the house...and if I add another wall and rework it I can gain 9 x 11 feet on the master bedroom, which has a small bath......so was sorta thinking about a jacuzzi there but with a much larger more comfortable bath...

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
just stuck my toe in...I may have to turn on the air conditioner to do this... :)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Have both, prefer shower....had the largest upstairs bath measured for a jacuzzi....but then the place in Annapolis became available. It's in a retirement community but has a very large garage that extends to the back of the house...and if I add another wall and rework it I can gain 9 x 11 feet on the master bedroom, which has a small bath......so was sorta thinking about a jacuzzi there but with a much larger more comfortable bath...

might be good for sore old muscles

George Roberts
10-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I find the usual 5' tub a bit cramped. I have a 6' tub - a bit wider and deeper than the normal tub.

A tub is nice to relax in. A shower is nice to wash in.

Rigadog
10-22-2008, 06:43 PM

I've got just the thing. Make you a deal it's crowding my shop.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20051224HO_Tub_4_450.jpg
Mahogany soaking tub

Tar Devil
10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Got hit by a train October 21, 1972. Several months of X-rays and physical therapy couldn't relieve the pain in my neck. Dr. said hot water, often as possible.

Baths are good therapy when time is available. Now that I'm working from home, time is more available than ever.

pcford
10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
what is this, some sort of web cam?

In Donn's shower? Thanks dude, it'll take days to get rid of the vision.

Donn
10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
In Donn's shower? Thanks dude, it'll take days to get rid of the vision.

Gee, "dude," that makes it worth posting the pic..."dude," totally.

Ian McColgin
10-22-2008, 08:15 PM
With over a quarter century of one gallon showers from the modified garden sprayer, even a house shower where the hot water just runs in a luxury and I'm known to show up early with a towel under my arm at friends' houses if they have a tub.

The Romans were right - hot water is the measure of civilization.

pcford
10-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Gee, "dude," that makes it worth posting the pic..."dude," totally.

Heh, right, dude.

Often I marvel at Meercat's perfect pitch when he dubbed Donn with the soubriquet of "Squeaky." And he continues confirming Meerkat's aim.

Mrleft8
10-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Shower..... BUT I take long HOT showers when I can. I consider showers to be as much therapy as hygiene. I love a long hot sit bath, but they're few and far between....

Chip-skiff
10-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Bath.

A day like today, after a night of snow, digging postholes in jigsaw rocky ground, setting posts and spiking timbers.

Hot bath, verging on Japanese. Big martini, dirty, on the rocks. Peanuts & pretzels. Good book. Doggo noses in to beg for the odd peanut and falls asleep.

Heaven!

pila
10-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Sitting in a tub with water as hot as I can stand it helps when I get chill from being outside too long in winter weather. ( it's the age thing)

boylesboats
10-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Sometime I like dipping deep into tub just to relax, relieve daily stress, or just to chase the chill outta my bones while sick.... I just sprinkle in some baking soda, and grab a block of pumice stone while I climbed in the tub full of hot water... Pumice work wonders by smoothing out painful calluses on toes and heel... ahhhhh that feels great....

pipefitter
10-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Ever since I worked on water wells and got to witness firsthand the major drop in the average water table, along with the depletion of the good water left here by the ice age, I conserve water whenever I can. Shower only with the water on minimum and breaking in between. Plus, I don't really fancy the notion of washing me mug with the same water as me arse is sitting in. :D

seanz
10-23-2008, 04:27 AM
No bath here, just a shower but it's a pleasant outing for a soak in the hot springs at Hanmer.

Phillip Allen
10-23-2008, 04:43 AM
No bath here, just a shower but it's a pleasant outing for a soak in the hot springs at Hanmer.

nothing like that around here...wish there were
cold this morning. coldest so far this year at 40 degrees F...what's that? about 3-4 degrees centegrade?

think I'll hop in the shower for a hot one just to warm up while the heater is warming up the house...it was off last night