PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama's Lobster and Caviar: NY Post retracts story

ljb5
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
New York Post admits the lobster and caviar story was hogwash. (http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008/gossip/pagesix/room_disservice_134490.htm)

Dan McCosh
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Rush and Hannity were on the air today holding a joint press conference to apologize for spending several hours every day for the past two weeks repeating this story.

Ian McColgin
10-21-2008, 03:26 PM
It's also an example of the Post's utter disreguard of basic journalistic standards. At the bare minimum, a real newspaper would have seen if Ms Obama was at the hotel.

The Post's "retraction" that puts the blame elsewhere is as disgraceful as the original story.

brad9798
10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Well said, Ian!

Idiots are all around us (with regard to the press, that is!).

:(

brad9798
10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
But instead of acknowledging a 'press' faux pas ... ljb wants to turn it into a rip agenda!

:D :D :D

ljb5
10-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Rush and Hannity were on the air today holding a joint press conference to apologize for spending several hours every day for the past two weeks repeating this story.

I fear you're pulling my leg.

ljb5
10-21-2008, 03:45 PM
But instead of acknowledging a 'press' faux pas ... ljb wants to turn it into a rip agenda!

:D :D :D

Are you going to try to tell us it wasn't?

It was a right-wing hatchet job by Murdoch's NY Post, Limbaugh, Hannity and several others.

You having a hard time figuring this out?

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
THE source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation.
That's not a retraction, it's a threat.

Tom Montgomery
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Norman nailed it. That story was STOOPID from start to finish.

The New York Post. LOL!

seanz
10-21-2008, 04:17 PM
It wasn't true?
My faith in journalism has been shattered.
:(

George Roberts
10-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't see much wrong with the story.

While it is not true, one should ask what meals in the White House will be like. I am sure that lobster and caviar will pale compared the meals served.

---

My usual fare is toast and juice for breakfast, burritos for lunch, and a salad for supper.

ljb5
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't see much wrong with the story.

Why do you suppose The New York Post, Rush Limbaugh and others have been flogging the story for days?

A quick Google search shows over 5,000 hits on the story... nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs.

Memphis Mike
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
What would be wrong with her having lobster and caviar? Are rich Republican white boys the only ones allowed to indulge in such fare?

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
It's that aura of intelect. It scares them. They hate it.

That's why they love Mooseburger Sarah. Not a hint of intelect. None.

seanz
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Best let it drop fellas..........we don't want the 'lobsterboating' to start all over again.....

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 05:18 PM
This must be yours.
http://192.107.108.56/portfolios/l/liebi_j/readingweb/images/sheriff_badge_shiny_md_blk.gif
Donn, has it ever occurred to you that we set these little trapps for you?

JimD
10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Doesn't matter. Either way, it's qwestionable intelect.

I just had to save this one for posterity.

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Or that if someone is mocking a distain for intelligence that part of the joke would be to misspell "intellect"?
You're smart enough to pick up on that.

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Best let it drop fellas..........we don't want the 'lobsterboating' to start all over again.....

And 'lobsterboating' deserves a couple :D :D .

John of Phoenix
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Ya got me fair and square on de stain Sherriff.

CK 17
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Doesn't matter. Either way, it's qwestionable intelect.

so's conservatism:rolleyes:

botebum
10-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Hold it! Hoooold IT! Michele Obama doesn't like lobster or caviar?!
Bitch!

Doug

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
well, it's a better retraction than Goldwater got

brad9798
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
ljb5 posted:
A quick Google search shows over 5,000 hits on the story... nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs.HOW on Earth do you know that ... or ... OR, are you just making up poopy-doopy doop again!?!?

Seriously ...

Don't bring any other BS slanted answers into the fray, do not deflect things to the right ... simply answer one simple question:

How do you know that "nearly all of them (are) from right-wing nut jobs."

If you have completely lost your credibility on this, then simply ADMIT it!

Your overreaching assertions are (still) comical!

So- Are you going to admit error, or are you simply going to deflect crap and call other folks stupid in the process ... :confused:

Dan McCosh
10-21-2008, 06:20 PM
I fear you're pulling my leg.

Actually, the funny thing is that Limbaugh's web site still contains his last diatribe citing the lobster story. Then when you click on the link that is supposed to be where the story came from, you get the Post retraction.

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Don’t expect a coherent answer Brad

brad9798
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
You know that, I know that ... but I AM interested in how he will twist and turn away from reality make up something to blame Pres. Lincoln ... or something equally obtuse!

:D

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
here's ill-jay at his best:

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20081021/cx_nq_uc/nq20081021

brad9798
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
ROTFLMAO!

:D

Nice, Phillip!

pila
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Limbaugh and Hannity.... A real pair.... that's what the hound dog thought when he licked his cahones.

brad9798
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Pila- and what does that have to do with the 'real' discussion? :rolleyes:

pila
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Just an opinion Brad, just an opinion....

ljb5
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
How do you know that "nearly all of them (are) from right-wing nut jobs."

Simple.

I did a google search for "Michelle Obama Lobster Caviar" and came up with over 5,000 hits.

Then I looked at the hits on the first page and they were mostly (more than half) from sources like New York Post, Rush Limbaugh or known right-wing blogs (e.g. Atlas Shrugged.)

Then I looked at another randomly selected page of results and found that more than half of those were also right-wingers. (e.g. redcountry.com)

Then I looked at a third page of randomly selected results and found that those also were right-wingers.

Really not so hard to figure out, Brad.

Thanks for asking.

================================================== ===========

Serious question, Brad....

Did you also freak out and demand an explanation from the New York Post and Rush Limbaugh when they started flogging this story.... or is that only a standard you apply to me, not the people who made the false accusation????

When the NY Post and the right-wingers have been discredited and (some of them) have admitted they were wrong, why do you attack me as if I'm at fault???

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:01 PM
brad you should know better that question ljb5 the guys always factual. You all might hate him but he's way smarter than almost anyone on this forum. WAY smarter.

Nice job ljb5

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
looks that "half" means different things to different people (I guess it depends on which side of the stadium you're sitting on)

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
looks that "half" means different things to different people (I guess it depends on which side of the stadium you're sitting on)

Phillip I know how you like guns so I'm going to use a gun analogy - in the battle of wits with ljb5 you sir are unarmed ;)

Do your math again ;) Or simply conduct your own google survey ;)

Ed Harrow
10-21-2008, 08:08 PM
That's for sure.

No intellect, either.

Donn Westervelt's theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSoYXrAWdw)

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Phillip I know how you like guns so I'm going to use a gun analogy - in the battle of wits with ljb5 you sir are unarmed ;)

Do your math again ;) Or simply conduct your own google survey ;)

"nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs."

brad9798
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Exactly, Phillip ...

His answer was EXACTLY what I was suspecting ...

So, ljb did his research into the NYT, et al, responses, and has verified that they were, in fact rips ...

YEA- whatever.

And joe, your ldr is zapping you of your intellect, obviously. :(

ljb may be smart, but he will never keep up with me! :D

Now, that being said, ljb's ASSUMPTIONS just may be correct ... but there is no way he can/has VERIFIED them!

Kind a hedge fund poster, I'd say, eh, lj? ;)

Milo Christensen
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
. . . You all might hate him but he's way smarter than almost anyone on this forum. WAY smarter.

Nice job ljb5

Reread post 39. This is the mark of intelligence? Obsessive compulsive maybe, but not smart.

brad9798
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Perhaps I should invest a few bucks in the ljb hedge fund!?!?! ;)

brad9798
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh, Milo ... give Joe a break ... his head is mush with the ldr situation. :(

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Did you bother to verify before you posted ? Cause I did;). Always a good thing to know your information before you put your foot in your mouth.

brad9798
10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
JCSOH- ljb's be-otch!

Damn ... Joe ... PLEASE, bro, regain at least some of your self-steem!

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 08:17 PM
The one thing that intrigues me, is that it was all about Michelle excessively feeding her face.

Maybe it was, (real or not) about her setting up a bit of "Bowchickawingwing"with her husband.

Or is the idea of a President actually wanting to go to bed with his own wife so unusual with the American public, that they forget how it's done.

Unreal maybe, retarded? absolutely.

I notice there hasn't been an "I'd do" Michelle thread.

I would :rolleyes:

Milo Christensen
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh, Milo ... give Joe a break ... his head is mush with the ldr situation. :(

I gave Joe a break, I was nice. Joe wouldn't know smart unless it hit him upside de haid. Smart liberal is an oxymoron.

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Perhaps I should invest a few bucks in the ljb hedge fund!?!?! ;)

The kid can bother me with his way but never his facts. He's about as close to flawless as I've ever seen on this forum.

He makes most of you look like your chasing your tail, and I'm not the only one who notices how he infuriated most of you ;)

botebum
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I notice there hasn't been an "I'd do" Michelle thread.

I would :rolleyes:Not me. I'm more into the Bimbo Librarian look;)

Doug

Paul Girouard
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Always a good thing to know your information before you put your foot in your mouth.

You should be Joe Biden's campaign advisor, he could use that advise.:D
But he's more than likely been given it many times eh, why else would referred to as "The mouth". Oh well, I guess Obama knew that goin in. :rolleyes:

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM

Did you count ? Or are you posting statisicaly impaired again ? ;)

brad9798
10-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Joe-

He infuriates the poopy out of me, not because he is correct, but because of his blind arrogance ... an arrogance that will bring him down ... and arrogance like you used to have ... and you are EVERY BIT as intelligent as that punk.

Think about that for a minute.

Perhaps now you will see my point ...

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Doug.

Just stick a pair of glasses on her, and there you go.

Or can you not have a black librarian? :rolleyes:

Bimbo might be more difficult, you could just ask her not to talk.

ljb5
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Just a quick question....

Who else other than a right wing wack-o would post the story?

Even if it were true, the Obama camp would have no interest in posting it. Non-partisans and disinterested third parties would have no reason to post it. The source of the story,The New York Post (note: not the New York Times), is a right-wing paper. Rush Limbaugh, who has devoted a lot of time to spreading the story, is a right-wing commentator. On this forum, abbyj, (a known right-winger) posted it.

Even if you can't be bothered to do rudimentary statistical sampling, a moment of calm, rational reflection will make it quite obvious that the only people interested in flogging this story are the right wingers.

Who else but a right-winger would post it?

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
He makes most of you look like your chasing your tail, and I'm not the only one who notices how he infuriated most of you ;)

Everybody hates a damn "know it all" Joe.

botebum
10-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Doug.

Just stick a pair of glasses on her, and there you go.

Or can you not have a black librarian? :rolleyes:

Bimbo might be more difficult, you could just ask her not to talk.If she looked more like a really slutty Vanessa Williams, I'd knock the bottom out of it. Let's face it- Michelle Obama is too classy, too smart and about 100' tall ... uh, no reaction from Mr. Happy.

Doug

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
"Even if it were true, the Obama camp would have no interest in posting it."

I see that you seem to think that anyone not in Obama's camp is a "right-wing-nut job...which reminds me of another quote you have used..."you're either with us or against us" does that sound familiar?

ljb5
10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
"Even if it were true, the Obama camp would have no interest in posting it."

I see that you seem to thaink that anyone not in Obama's camp is a "right-wing-nut job.

Not at all.

Did you somehow miss this statement?

Non-partisans and disinterested third parties would have no reason to post it.

Sorry, Phillp.... it's long past the point where you should have stopped digging.

Feel free to proceed. :)

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
If she looked more like a really slutty Vanessa Williams, I'd knock the bottom out of it. Let's face it- Michelle Obama is too classy, too smart and about 100' tall ... uh, no reaction from Mr. Happy.

Doug

good gosh guys...I don't give a rats posterior about Obama's wife...let her eat high priced food if she want's to...can't say as I'd blame her if she did...there's gotta be some pay-off for the campaigning...it's hard work and never seems to end...give her a break...and while you're at it, give Todd and Cindy a break too

Iíll be glad if she's classy...there certainly could be more class in the bilge!

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Doug,

Michelle Obama is too classy, too smart and about 100' tallhttp://www.artivisio-kunstdrucke.de/bilder/images/PL_th/liby_attack_of_the_50ft_woman_2738.jpg

Twice as big??

That's pretty sexy..:eek:

Intimidating, .... Oh there's a word I hadn't thought of, but quite appropriate.

:)

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Not at all.

Did you somehow miss this statement?

Sorry, Phillp.... it's long past the point where you should have stopped digging.

Feel free to proceed. :)

I would like to remind all here of Ill-Jay's earlier statement: "nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs."

perhaps he would like to amend his statement

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I would like to remind all here of Ill-Jay's earlier statement: "nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs."

:rolleyes: Ayup there is no cure for stupid :rolleyes:

botebum
10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry Phillip. I'm feeling kind of goofy tonight. I fell in the ICW while setting nets today- always messes with my mind when that happens. BTW- don't ask why I said "always".

Doug

10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd hit it for sure but, I'd probably never get past Mr. Obama's security.

http://www.politopics.com/uploaded_images/ebony2-760646.jpg

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
ill-jay apoplogists? could it have anything to do with which side of the political stadium you're cheering from?

ljb5
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM

Not at all. Thanks for asking. :)

While we're at it.... are there any statements you would like to amend???

(Perhaps your post #62?)

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Not at all. Thanks for asking. :)

While we're at it.... are there any statements you would like to amend???

(Perhaps your post #62?)

what...you complaining about my typo's? (that's a mighty short straw you're grabbing at)

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
ill-jay apoplogists? could it have anything to do with which side of the political stadium you're cheering from?

NO it has to do with facts. God you are dense

10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm sure you're neutral Phil,right?

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
NO it has to do with facts. God you are dense

care to elaborate?

Joe (SoCal)
10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm sure you're neutral Phil,right?

You're not talking about Phillip "Aw Shucks" Allen are you ?

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd hit it for sure but, I'd probably never get past Mr. Obama's security.

The only time someones concidered the difficulties in the desire to "hit it".

Gawd bless ya.:)

Milo Christensen
10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't any of you ever claim to have, or to be able to recognize, intelligence, ever again.

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Ill-jay says:

He says further:

"Even if it were true, the Obama camp would have no interest in posting it." (here, he presumes to speak for Obama)

I respond with an ill-jay special (I learned it from him ya know)
The second quote is a Bush quote he has mentioned many times if memory serves.

I see that you seem to think that anyone not in Obama's camp is a "right-wing-nut job...which reminds me of another quote you have used..."you're either with us or against us" does that sound familiar?

It would seem that anyone to the right of ill-jay is a right wing nut…he has repeated it many times…with ill jay, there is no “center…we’re either with him or against him…simple ain’t it

botebum
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Don't any of you ever claim to have, or to be able to recognize, intelligence, ever again.I'll fight it off with every bit of my strength, Milo;)

Doug

ljb5
10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Phillip, please note carefully that I also considered the possibilities of "non-partisans and disinterested third parties."

Please read more carefully. Thanks.

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Phillip, please note carefully that I also considered the possibilities of "non-partisans and disinterested third parties."

Please read more carefully. Thanks.

ljb5
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Q.E.D.

You got a problem with that?

Rigadog
10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Brad 9798 - Are you a right-wing robot sent here to bedevil the humans? Is there a Brad 9799 in the works?... Do Androids dream of electric sheep?

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't gots near the problems you have...(and...one must be aware of his problems to correct them...are you aware of yours?

did you see your caartoon this morning?
http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20081021/cx_nq_uc/nq20081021

Phillip Allen
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Brad 9798 - Are you a right-wing robot sent here to bedevil the humans? Is there a Brad 9799 in the works?... Do Androids dream of electric sheep?

is there a left wing counterpart?

ljb5
10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Phillip, do you see the error in your post #62?

Would you like to take this opportunity to amend or withdraw it?

botebum
You guys have no sense of humor. You should all try falling off a boat. Once you've mastered that try yelling out "I'd Hit It!" before you hit the water.

Doug

Phillip Allen
Phillip, do you see the error in your post #62?

Would you like to take this opportunity to amend or withdraw it?

are you gonna withdraw this: "nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs."?

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Do Androids dream of electric sheep?

The first Two letters of Brad9798, stand for Bladerunner :eek:

Rigadog
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't care if the story proved a bit off, The Obamas are elitist scum. Are you all trying to say they don't eat lobster, ever? Yeah right!

botebum
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't care if the story proved a bit off, The Obamas are elitist scum. Are you all trying to say they don't eat lobster, ever? Yeah right!It's been a while since I've had lobster or caviar- Can I just be "elitest scum in remission"?:D

Doug

ljb5
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
are you gonna withdraw this: "nearly all of them from right-wing nut jobs."?

Why should I?

I investigated it and found it to be a true statement.

I don't withdraw true statements.

Do you understand that concept?

10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Lobster was slave food(check your history books folks), most black people I know prefer fried chicken.

Flying Orca
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Don't any of you ever claim to have, or to be able to recognize, intelligence, ever again.

Now that, I have to say, sounds like the beginning of wisdom. :D

Rigadog
10-21-2008, 09:58 PM
It's been a while since I've had lobster or caviar- Can I just be "elitest scum in remission"?:D

Doug

Typical Left-wing bias. Fact - Lobster give birth to little live baby lobsters. Of course the liberals don't want you to know this as it flies in the face of the pleasure they take and the money they make from these partial-birthed baby lobster abortions. The stuff they call "Lobster Caviar" is just fish eggs, put out to hide what is really going on aboard their factory ships.

Pugwash
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
It's been a while since I've had lobster or caviar- Can I just be "elitest scum in remission"?:D

I used to catch Lobster, we never ate them.

Used to trade my skills (practical) for Lobster, Mmmmm LOBSTER.

Now, I live in a part of the country where I look at the sad memories of what I used to catch sitting in a Wal-Mart tank, and feel depressed.

Elitist, brie sipping Yourpeen, I might be.

Lobster doesn't have your prejudices, It just wants to eaten by someone that loves it.

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Why should I?

I investigated it and found it to be a true statement.

I don't withdraw true statements.

Do you understand that concept?

I understand it much better than you...YOU investigated your lie and found it to be true...Palin invested her lie and found it to be true...simple ain't it?

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
what is "most"? 15/16? 7/8? 3/4? just over half?

it would seem that your "most" is agenda driven...what a suprise!

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
"Ah Shucks" Its MATH get a grip you have no clue what you are talking about.

FWIW have you read about Palin's clothing budget PAID for by the RNC

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/palin-wardrobe.html

Oh and a quick litmus Google test shows that its a bipartisan story.

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 08:26 AM
good mornin Joe... :)

TomF
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Smart liberal is an oxymoron.Harrumph.

John Stuart Mill was the Liberal. The originator.

At age 3, Mill taught himself Greek from a text he found in his father's library. No record of how early Mill learned to read English ...

What were you reading at 3, Milo? I was deep into Dr. Seuss, myself.

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Good Morning "Aw Shucks"

Did you even bother to do the google math ?

Let me help you

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Michelle+Obama's+Lobster+and+Caviar&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/google4.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/google3.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/Google5.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/Google2.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/Google1.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Do you need me to continue for the entire 8,070 google hits for Michelle Obama's Lobster and Caviar.

Tom Montgomery
10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
"Ah Shucks" Its MATH get a grip you have no clue what you are talking about.

FWIW have you read about Palin's clothing budget PAID for by the RNC

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/palin-wardrobe.html

Oh and a quick litmus Google test shows that its a bipartisan story.

I wonder whether the IRS will consider that to be taxable income? :eek: ;)

Paul Pless
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Do you need me to continue for the entire 8,070 google hits for Michelle Obama's Lobster and Caviar.please do:D

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 08:43 AM

depends on who wins the election

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:44 AM

Supposedly NOW that the story broke she is donating all the outfits. Gotta love the trickle down economics of that one. Bag ladies in $6,000 Neiman Marcus Red Pant suits.

Hey I got an Idea ya know how I always dress in drag for Halloween I GOT IT I'll be Sara Palin and I can ask for a dress donation Bwaaaaaaaa ha ha ™ :D :D :D

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
depends on who wins the election

I'll take that bet "Aw Shucks" :)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll take that bet "Aw Shucks" :)

what's the bet Joe...what are we betting on?

botebum
10-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey I got an Idea ya know how I always dress in drag for Halloween I GOT IT I'll be Sara Palin and I can ask for a dress donation You've got a week or so to grow a beehive:eek: I've got a suggestion- Massage your head with alum water every day- It'll suck your sideburns right up over the top:D

Doug

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:57 AM
One word ;

Wig ;)

http://www.wigsalon.com/sarahpalin.html

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
what's the bet Joe...what are we betting on?

The election Duh :rolleyes:

What side are you taking or are you going to be non-partisan "Aw Shucks " untill the end ;)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
it looks more and more to me that Obama will take the election...no bet

(I'll be glad when this is over and we can got on with our lies...uh, lives)

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 09:08 AM
it looks more and more to me that Obama will take the election...no bet

(I'll be glad when this is over and we can got on with our lies...uh, lives)

You still have not addressed you lie that the story was Predominantly propagated by the right wing media. How big is your broom and rug "Aw Shucks" ???

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
You still have not addressed you lie that the story was Predominantly propagated by the right wing media. How big is your broom and rug "Aw Shucks" ???

ill jay said "most" and had no numbers. You say right WING media and ill jay said wing-nuts...both terms have no defination...find me the center to measure against please

ljb5
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
I understand it much better than you...YOU investigated your lie and found it to be true...Palin invested her lie and found it to be true...simple ain't it?

Correction: Ms. Palin was investigated by a special investigator appointed by the Alaska legislature who determined that she misused her power.

what is "most"? 15/16? 7/8? 3/4? just over half?

You don't know what "most" is, but you spend dozens of posts attacking me for it???

If you don't know what the criteria is, how can you accuse me of not meeting it??

Phillip --- STOP DIGGING!!!!

botebum
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
It's pretty simple-
Most- over 50%
Least- less than 50%
Even- 50/50
Everyone understand now?

Doug

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
silly it was Andrew...I differ from you in that I would talk to anyone to find out were any overlap was or, if not, wasn't

botebum
10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Andrew- The NY Post is kind of like your Sun without the naked girls.(if only they had the naked girls:()

Doug

TomF
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
...Where would Michelle Obama put TWO lobsters? ...When my wife was 15, her family took the Queen Elizabeth II to cross the Atlantic once. She'd been really sick as a kid, and was having her growth spurt late.

The food was all-you-can-eat buffet style ... and she famously put away 5 lobsters in a sitting. Went down in family history partly because there'd been a storm the day before, and thanks to the swells left over, few could even consider eating ...

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, to be honest, Phil, I would, too! But I reckon I'd get on better with Michelle Obama, because about the only thing that I could talk to Sarah Palin about is the problem of having a mentally handicapped child in the family, and I know more than she does about that.

My ex was a social worker who required her husband to help out a lot at functions...I have the beginnings of an understanding of some of the problems (I even had to entertain one of her guest speakers for an hour once...he was very early and the others needed to prepare the hall...I had a whole hour with Dr. Spock one on one...interesting.)

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
ill jay said "most" and had no numbers. You say right WING media and ill jay said wing-nuts...both terms have no defination...find me the center to measure against please

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT DENSE ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Do I need to COUNT each and every google hit for you? What more do I have to do I gave you the link posted the first 5 pages screen shots of the searches.

The RIGHT WING MEDIA / RIGHT WING-NUTS are the following and sites that play into there partisan politics.

Google hit #1

http://americandigest.org/

http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/

http://www.dittowire.com/beyond_the_headlines/

http://www.melissaclouthier.com/ (Cross-posted at Right Wing News )
http://rightwingnews.com/

http://michelleobamawatch.com/

http://www.floppingaces.net/

http://paxalles.blogs.com/paxalles/2008/10/what-recession-obamas-room-service-lobsters-iranian-caviar-champagne---spreading-the-walth-to-themselves.html

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101708/content/01125114.guest.html

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/cgi-bin/news/YaBB.pl?num=1224614097

http://gabriellecusumano.blogtownhall.com

http://gabriellecusumano.blogtownhall.com/2008/10/20/michelle_obamas_$44739_champagne,_caviar__lobster_ snack.thtml

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/10/19/on-socialism-wealth-redistribution-michelle-obama-spent-44739-on-an-afternoon-snack/

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/

http://www.redcounty.com/eastwashington/2008/10/arugula-lobster-and-iranian-ca/

http://jasonaclark.com/2008/10/17/how-will-obama-trim-the-deficit-by-not-ordering-lobster-iranian-caviar-and-champagne-as-a-mid-afternoon-snack/

http://www.prolifeblogs.com/articles/aggregator.php?entry=600884

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/michelle-obamas-feasting-and-gluttony

http://durangotexas.blogspot.com/2008/10/michele-obama-really-likes-lobster.html

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/michelle_obama_eats_well/

You get the idea do the research yourself "Aw Shucks"

MORE than most are right wing nuts that bought into the scam and posted about it with glee. Only now that that story broke that it was a total scam is the Google hits becoming more main non partisan stream media starting to pick up on the story ONLY because of the Post retraction NOT to jump on the Michelle Obama's Lobster and Caviar bitch fest

QUIT DIGGING YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
what percentage of 5000 is that?

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
what percentage of 5000 is that?

Well I did take the time scroll through about 400 pages of the google search aprox 4,000 +- and my calculations put it at about 78% before the content started to drift off subject to far to make a conclusive judgment of right wing nuttiness difficult to determine.

Conclusion;
SOLIDLY MOSTLY RIGHT-WING NUT PARTISAN PROPAGANDA

How did your count go ?

botebum
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
.42%(including the link that was posted incorrectly) but Joe has a job to keep him from looking at all of them and I don't really care enough to check the rest.

Doug

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I didn't count any at all...just like I suspect ill-jay didn't

4/5 of them (that would be 80%) is nearly all...I would be curious about the other 22%...who were they?

( I am using your numbers of course)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
.42%(including the link that was posted incorrectly) but Joe has a job to keep him from looking at all of them and I don't really care enough to check the rest.

Doug

is that right 0.42% or do you mean 42%?

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I didn't count any at all...just like I suspect ill-jay didn't

4/5 of them (that would be 80%) is nearly all...I would be curious about the other 22%...who were they?

( I am using your numbers of course)

Currently the 22% are split with about 10-15% Traditional news organizations reporting the Post's retraction, 7-10% are what I would call left / Obama or Dem supporting sites either who make it a mission to correct the slur or taking glee in the Post's and others foolish bait taking.

For what it's worth I KNOW ljb5 did do his research cause I came across the same right wing nut web sites that he initially posted about. Just like I knew you were a lazy sod and playing the "Aw Shucks " Card again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Doug

42% ???? do I NOW have to post the CONTENT and mission statement for each of those websites posted ?

botebum
10-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I took the number of links provided and divided by 5000. It comes to .0042(.42%).
The issue really isn't the actual percentage though, is it? It's the name calling. I don't care what anyone wants to call them. The story was erroneous. That's the real point.

Doug

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I took the number of links provided and divided by 5000. It comes to .0042(.42%).
The issue really isn't the actual percentage though, is it? It's the name calling. I don't care what anyone wants to call them. The story was erroneous. That's the real point.

Doug

No the point is the story was MOSTLY propogated by the Right Wing Media and they got off on it.

Phillip "Aw Shuucks" Allen want to play that ljb5 was playing fast and loose with the numbers. I did the reasearch and backed him up. "Aw Shuucks" mission is to make it seem as though he's non partisan and the other side is just as bad.

He called ljb5 a lier and even though I'm not a cheerleader for ljb5 I will defend anyone who has the facts correct and not some lazy "Aw Shuucks" lying partisan fool.

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
and I thank you for your support Joe. :)

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 10:16 AM
and I thank you for your support Joe. :)

It's like talking to a ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/traptntoga/cinderblock.jpg

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:18 AM
It's like talking to a .....
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/traptntoga/cinderblock.jpg

that's a 25% void block used for firewalls...heavy and hard to lay 'cause it will be up against the overhead and over my head...makes my arms hurt just thinking about it

Joe (SoCal)
10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
that's a 25% void block used for firewalls...heavy and hard to lay 'cause it will be up against the overhead and over my head...makes my HEAD hurt just thinking about it

Coudn't have said it better myself ;)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:26 AM
:) .

Chris Ostlind
10-22-2008, 10:30 AM

This from a guy who lives in the economically depressed State of Michigan. A State abandoned by the intelligent, Right Wing candidate, a State with a crashing auto industry.... shall we go on?

This is the intellectual decision that we should emulate as a standard?

All this, by the way, is coming from a guy who lives in Utah and didn't grow-up here. So read the humor that is being poked in both directions.

ljb5
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
...I differ from you in that I would talk to anyone to find out were any overlap was or, if not, wasn't

With preconditions, or without? :D

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
With preconditions, or without? :D

what preconditions did you have in mind?

ljb5
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
.42%(including the link that was posted incorrectly)

Sorry, Doug, that's not how statistical sampling works.

You don't take the number of positive outcomes in a sample divided by the population size. You take the number of positive outcomes in a sample divided by the sample size.

Thanks for trying, though.

Joe said he came up with about 78%.

That's consistent with my survey also.

I think we're done here.

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
wait, wait...you forgot to tell me your preconditions!

ljb5
10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
wait, wait...you forgot to tell me your preconditions!

Ask McCain. He's the one who has been whining incessantly about the need for "pre-conditions."

(Alternatively, you could just shut up for a while and stop digging yourself into a hole.)

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Ask McCain. He's the one who has been whining incessantly about the need for "pre-conditions."

(Alternatively, you could just shut up for a while and stop digging yourself into a hole.)

okay...and yours are?

ljb5
10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
okay...and yours are?

What makes you think I have any?

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 11:09 AM
kain't say as I've ever talked with presidents of any country but...I sat in an airplane for 9 1/2 hours next to one of the personal body guards for the president of Paraguay (just a few rows back from his boss)...there were two men in the business class section right behind the first class section who were not part of the president's group...I imagine the two beefy men sitting next to the two of us were to keep an "eye" on us during the flight...he was personable and nice to talk to but he never took his eyes off me for the trip...I didn't talk about politics

Phillip Allen
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
What makes you think I have any?

because you are the one who brought it up

ljb5
10-22-2008, 11:47 AM
because you are the one who brought it up

Only to ask if you had an preconditions. I never said I had any.

Didn't you get the memo?

Apparently pre-conditions are an extremely important hot-button issue for Republicans.

John McCain wants preconditions. Why don't you?

Why do you hate America?

paladin
10-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Gee...I had a few chats with Ferdinand Marcos....always surrounded by a half dozen armed to the teeth yahoos......Ms. Marcos was an imperious bitch, kids were like mom and dad...
Vice Pres Fernando Lopez was different..he arrived with one driver of his car, would get out and chat, have coffee, and was a very pleasant gentleman.