PDA

View Full Version : Congressmen warned of Martial Law imposition if bailout not passed

Rigadog
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Oct. 3rd 2008

Congressman Brad Sherman of California’s 27th congressional district told the House in a speech yesterday evening that he personally knew of several Congressional representatives who have said they were threatened with the prospect of all out martial law should they vote in opposition to the $700 billion bailout.

Sherman essentially intimated that powerful forces who want the bill passed have attempted to blackmail elected representatives.

"The only way they can pass this bill is by creating and sustaining a panic atmosphere. That atmosphere is not justified." Sherman stated.

"Many of us were told in private conversations that if we voted against this bill on Monday that the sky would fall, the market would drop two or three thousand points the first day, another couple of thousand the second day, and a few members were even told that there would be martial law in America if we voted no."

Tom Montgomery
10-14-2008, 10:22 PM
So why doesn't Sherman name names?

Who was making these threats?

Rigadog
10-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Good question. Someone should interview him.

Captain Blight
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Part of me would almost welcome the imposition of martial law. Who would respond? Everybody's in Iraq! How would it be enforced? Who could move where? What about the people delivering goods? Providing services? The whole country wouldn't just grind to a halt! And how long would it be before the citizenry started taking potshots at the watchers?

Nope. I call bull****. Bush ain't all that bright but I don't think his handlers are quite that dumb.

pila
10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Not enough military left around here to enforce anything. Picture a bunch of GIs up against the general population with better weapons than the M16.

Sounds like hooey to me.