X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed Harrow
    Retro Member #1235
    • Mar 2000

Love and other tragedies

These three women are just spectacular, and they are moving ever farther afield, maybe, soon, to a 'field' near you. If you like acoustic music (even if you don't), they come with my highest recommendation.

11 October - E Sandwich, MA at the Grange Hall Coffeehouse
    12 October - Oqunquit, ME at Jonathan's

and, good grief, they're going South!

22 October - Decatur, GA at Eddie's Attic
    23 October - Birmingham, AL at Small Stages
    24 October - Auburn, AL, at Sundilla
    25 October - Mobile, AL at All Saints

There's others, but this is enough typing (not to mention squinty-eyed reading) before breakfast

Just make sure they sing May I Suggest - it will resonate, trust me.
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants
  • Bruce Taylor
    Eardstapa
    • Aug 2000

Re: Love and other tragedies

Thanks for the tip, Ed. Lovely stuff.

A taste:

Red Molly (Abbie Gardner, Laurie MacAllister, Carolanne Sollobello) perform "Honey On My Grave", a song written by Abbie Gardner, at Cooldog Concert Series o...

Comment

• Flying Orca
      Ruth, feck, and gorm
      • Jan 2007

Named for the character in Richard Thompson's 1952 Vincent Black Lightning, I presume. Nice.

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• bamamick
        • Nov 2003

Hey hey. Coming to an Episcopal church near me! And I am supposed to be off work that day! Might have to check it out.

Mickey Lake
        'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

• Ed Harrow
          Retro Member #1235
          • Mar 2000

Originally posted by bamamick
          Hey hey. Coming to an Episcopal church near me! ...Mickey Lake
          That's why I put up the Alabama shows; just for you, Mickey.

I'll make you a deal - you go, and if you don't have an enjoyable time, send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with your ticket stub, and I'll send you a check to cover the cost of the ticket. How's that? You can't hardly lose.

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Comment

• bamamick
            • Nov 2003

Ed, judging from what I've seen on youtube it's a no brainer. Tickets are $15, and it's on a friday night. If I can get away from work for the night I'm there. The wife liked Alison Krauss so I am hoping she'll like these ladies.

Mickey Lake
            'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

• Ed Harrow
              Retro Member #1235
              • Mar 2000

No worries, but I stand by the offer.

Comment

• Hwyl
                Gareth
                • Jan 2003

I missed them in Jonathan's. (2 miles away). Life got in the way, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...