PDA

View Full Version : McCain says Fed should stop government bailouts

TimH
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
So Bush and McCain arent actually the same.

"I am convinced that this bold approach will cost American families far less than the alternative -- a continuing series of financial institution failures and frozen credit markets unable to fund economic expansion," Paulson. "The financial security of all Americans ... depends on our ability to restore our financial institutions to a sound footing."
Bush said simply, "We must act now."

McCain says:

McCain said that to help return the U.S. to fiscal solvency, the powerful central bank should instead focus on shoring up the dollar and keeping inflation low.
"A strong dollar will reduce energy and food prices," McCain said to applause from the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce. "It will stimulate sustainable economic growth and get this economy moving again."

senility or just la la land?

Link (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1131ap_mccain_financial_crisis.html?source=mypi)

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Of course, it is always nice to have a strong currency, if you are a consumer. Not if you are an exporter, unless you have really good technology

How does Senator McCain propose to create a strong Dollar?

(Clue - it generally helps if your economy exports more than it imports... do we see that happening in the USA? No, thought not...)

What's his plan?

Oh dear, there does not seem to be one.

He's an empty suit.

Tylerdurden
09-20-2008, 05:36 AM
I have given up on most everyone after seeing once again how easily played by fear the masses were this week.
The public gets raped like never before and because its on TV its okay.

I am stocking up on wet wipes so after this is all over the sheeple can line up to wipe themselves.:rolleyes:

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Of course, you can artificially raise the value of your currency, for a while, by raising interest rates, but the effect of this on the underlying economy tends not to be something that voters like.

Milo Christensen
09-20-2008, 06:46 AM
. . . I am stocking up on wet wipes so after this is all over the sheeple can line up to wipe themselves.:rolleyes:

I love to find a market for all the crap that's flying around.

TimH
09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20080918/Cartoon20080918.jpg