PDA

View Full Version : Rudy is taking the low road tonight.

PatCassidy
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
And he is going to effectively motivate and organize the...... democratic party.

CK 17
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
and guess what he's talking about, yup 9-11. shocking isn't it:rolleyes:

PatCassidy
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Per Rudy: the democrats gave up on Iraq and they gave up on the United States of America! (I think he stole this line from Animal House)

abbyj
09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Fried Chicken for dinner tonight:D

BrianW
09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
He certainly took a few healthy pokes at Obama.

I really liked the 'Present' part. :)

capt jake
09-03-2008, 09:32 PM
'Let's shake up Washington". What? They already have control of it. Shake up their own doing?

The one resounding thing I notice between the DNC and the RNC is that in the RNC there is less restraint, meaning there was outright booing and fist shaking ;that I did not hear with the DNC.

BrianW
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Quiet everyone, Sarah's talking...

:D

PatCassidy
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Brit Hume on Fox commented out of the box that Guliani spent much of his time not criticizing Obama but riduculing him instead.

capt jake
09-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Brit Hume on Fox commented out of the box that Guliani spent much of his time not criticizing Obama but riduculing him instead.
Faux News..

And Guliani accused the 'liberal press', which are mostly owned by the right..

BrianW
09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh Sarah just got him on the 'community organizer' deal!

ljb5
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
My god... they're chanting "Drill, Baby, Drill." :rolleyes:

"We need John McCain to save our economy....."

Save it from what, eight years of Republicans? Who the hell does he think he's kidding??

BrianW
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Sarah says she's vetoed a half billion dollars of budget waste. Obama ever veto anything?

Under her governship she forced the end of a 30 year stalemate on a 40 billion dollar pipeline. Obama was a community organizer. Oh, he wrote a book too.

This is good stuff. :D

abbyj
09-03-2008, 09:55 PM
She is bustin' out the whoop-a$$:D

BrianW
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh wait, he wrote 2 books, but no laws. ;)

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Sarah says she's vetoed a half billion dollars of budget waste.

Except for when she was bragging about how much pork she got:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/earmark-palin.jpg

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Sarah says she's vetoed a half billion dollars of budget waste. Obama ever veto anything?

This is good stuff. :D

Spoken like a true Alaskan. Make it up as you go along.
Obama is a US senator. In our system only the US president has the veto power.
Among the states it is, most likely, governors who have veto power but, I don't know if that's the case in all fifty states.

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh.... she was against the Bridge to Nowhere, after she was for it.

She requested more pork per person than any other governor in the nation.

Bob Adams
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh yeah, I see your point. Funds wasted on storm water management and paving at the airport. Shameful.

BrianW
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Obama ever get a million dollars for his airport?

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah, I see your point. Funds wasted on storm water management and paving at the airport. Shameful.

Actually, that's what McCain said about that pork.

He was against it before he was for her.

BrianW
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Spoken like a true Alaskan. Make it up as you go along.
Obama is a US senator. In our system only the US president has the veto power.
Among the states it is, most likely, governors who have veto power but, I don't know if that's the case in all fifty states.

I didn't make it up, but you're helping to make the point. She's got more executive experience than Obama.

Thanks bud.

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:24 PM
She's got more executive experience than Obama.

So does Bush, but no one wants him back. :rolleyes:

BrianW
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Just to be honest, both speeches were mostly typical political rhetoric. But then they always are, on both sides of the aisle.

There were some good sound bites, and something tells me Obama's camp won't mention her experience anymore. ;)

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow.

Could you imagine listening to that nasty bitch for four years?

All that talk about putting country first setting aside politics, and she's nothing but a hack.

Nastiness, lies and one-liners from beginning to end.

BrianW
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Wow.

Could you imagine listening to that nasty bitch for four years?

All that talk about putting country first setting aside politics, and she's nothing but a hack.

That's a pretty darn sexist thing to say. Does she make you nervous? Are powerful women always 'bitches' to you?

She's been married to the same man for as long as you've had pubic hair. I'd say her husband has no problem listening to her.

ljb5
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
That's a pretty darn sexist thing to say.

Judgmental, but not sexist.

I refer to women like that as "bitches" and men like that as "assholes."

The terminology is gender-specific, but balanced and applied equally, so it's not sexist.

abbyj
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM

The terminology is gender-specific, but balanced and applied equally, so it's not sexist.

Take this garbage to Kos, You are way out of line here P-ljb5-Diddy

Thanks for the encouragement though:D

john l
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Just to be honest, both speeches were mostly typical political rhetoric. But then they always are, on both sides of the aisle.

There were some good sound bites, and something tells me Obama's camp won't mention her experience anymore. ;)

yeah 30 year old rhetoric! someone on the forum used to have a statement about believing ones own bullsh t. can't recall it entirely but it seems appropriate here.
a pathetic night at the convention which demonstrated hate and contempt for those people who are not in lockstep. quite a bit of misinformation as well.
as peggy noonan said - it's over!

abbyj
09-03-2008, 11:14 PM

You have no interest in wooden boats, you're here for the politics only. We all cross the line down here and some pay the price of membership for it.

I understand you're upset, but this is a "Captain Blight" level comment. I'm sure if Tina S. saw this on her publications website, she would not consider it good business.!

Worse yet, an advertiser

ljb5
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
You have no interest in wooden boats, you're here for the politics only. We all cross the line down here and some pay the price of membership for it.

You're no ray of sunshine either. :)

I've been a member here for more than four and a half years, and posted more than 10,000 times.

I've never been banned -- not even once. I've never posted under a different name. In all that time, I've deleted only one thread.

There are several people here (Oyster, MIke, Erster), (Jamie, Uncas, On Vacation, S.V. Airlie), (MJC, Cedar Savage, Milo Christenson) who have been banned multiple times and come back with different names.

How many times have you been banned? How many different names have you used? Jagermeister? Conrad? Stan V.? Too many possibilities to count.

You write lies and insults with nearly every post.

abbyj
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I've been a member here for more than four and a half years, and posted more than 10,000 times.

Contributing Nada to the true intent of the Wooden Boat Forum in 10,000 posts

10,000 posts??? 3-4 minutes a post, convert to build hours, you could have cranked out a Simmons or Marsh Cat by now. But you haven't. You only come here because the other liberal sites won't let the girls speak, especially A leotard wearing pommel jumper

John of Phoenix
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
How many times have you been banned? How many different names have you used?
Good questions.

ljb5
09-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Contributing Nada to the true intent of the Wooden Boat Forum in 10,000 posts

I really haven't enjoyed your posts either, so I guess we're even. :)

John of Phoenix
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
How many times have you been banned? How many different names have you used?
This is taking some time. Must be a long list.

The549
09-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Oh.... she was against the Bridge to Nowhere, after she was for it.

She requested more pork per person than any other governor in the nation.
Do you have a source for the latter specifically?

IMHO after seeing the reaction on the womens' faces tonight, I think Obama has his work cut out for him. She basically called herself a bulldog and made it clear that she using and going to use divisive politics. What she's done in that past would of course indicate that. I would bet even more money on McCain at this point. I think she's could win it for him.

ljb5
09-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Do you have a source for the latter specifically?

Of course I have a link. (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gDPNd-vM53WdWPNvawDe1rYH30xgD92V0MQO0) I'm always happy to provide it. :)

IMHO after seeing the reaction on the womens' faces tonight, I think Obama has his work cut out for him. She basically called herself a bulldog and made it clear that she using and going to use divisive politics. What she's done in that past would of course indicate that. I would bet even more money on McCain at this point. I think she's could win it for him.

You might be right. It certainly was a very powerful speech, but it was also very nasty and petty and divisive.... and it was much more about how well she can attack than how well she can govern.

The base loves nastiness. The rest of the country might be looking for more of a way forward.

My feeling was that she was gettting larger and louder applause from a smaller and smaller group. I guess we'll find out.

McCain may have shot himself in the foot. In an election that's all about changing the tone, he picked someone whose tone has been making everyone sick since Newt Gingrich (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/04/rnc.analysis.wednesday/index.html)

Chris Coose
09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I'll bet Joe Biden is waking this morning with a smile on his face.

Mrleft8
09-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Anyone else notice how many empty seats there were at the RNC last night? Good thing they didn't rent out a stadium.....

Bob Adams
09-04-2008, 08:01 AM
You have no interest in wooden boats, you're here for the politics only.

Common knowlage. I think in a discussion some time ago, it was said he has some form of plastic boat. It's a shame too, with his ability to walk on water, hull maintenance of a large wooden yacht would be a snap!:p