PDA

View Full Version : Mickey, Roger, Jack....please check in

jack grebe
09-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Ya doin ok?

You know better then to to leave us hanging like this:(.

bamamick
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm fine. Everyone here is fine. Trees down and high water, but nothing too terrible. At my house the water is about halfway to the house and there are a lot of limbs down, but no big deal.

Right now I am at work. We won't get everything back tonight, but we should be running by tomorrow night.

Mickey Lake

skuthorp
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Good news!

High C
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
....At my house the water is about halfway to the house....

Glad to hear it Mickey. I went out onto Pensacola Beach today to have a look at the surf. :eek: :eek: Wow! .....and some 200 miles from the storm.

Hwyl
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
High C, I hope you are making a little vacation of it.

High C
09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
High C, I hope you are making a little vacation of it.

Oh yeah, we're trying, though the weather sucks. :D

bamamick
09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I have seen photos of the Gulfport and Bay Waveland YC's, both of which just opened this summer after three years, and both had water up to the floors in the buildings (they are raised buildings). Don't know the extent of it. I also heard that the harbor at Long Beach is destroyed again.

Down in south Mobile County the tidal surge was 6-9 feet. Not too bad. Since I am at work I can't see a television, but I do wonder about the folks in coastal Louisiana west of Grand Isle. I know that it must have been pretty tough.

Mickey Lake

Roger Stouff
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Alive and well. Got back today. Place is a mess, trees and limbs down, but no damage to the house. Neighbor lost half his roof! I'm counting my blessings. Gustav ended up passing over us where we were evacuated, knocked out power there too.

Thanks for all the good mojo, WBers.

The Bigfella
09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Glad all is (relatively) good.

Take care.

JTA
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Back home today, safe and sound. Couple of trees and such. Water got up, caused some problems for a few neighbors but we were fine. Prayer for those to the west. High C, Roger, anyone else close, if you need a hand, drop me a note.

Jack

High C
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
... High C, Roger, anyone else close, if you need a hand, drop me a note.

Jack

Thanks, Jack, but according to neighbors, we're hunky dory. We'll head home in the morning.

Roger, me too, if you need help with cleanup, don't be shy about asking!