PDA

View Full Version : Nano runs into Mega trouble due to Mamata

carioca1232001
08-30-2008, 10:13 AM
For those of you who expressed considerable interest and enthusiasm on seeing Indiaīs Tata Motors launching a motor car for just US$ 2.500,00 the news is not so good :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/No_work_at_Tata_plant_for_second_day/articleshow/3425386.cms

A Commie-led outfit in West Bengal province has paralised operations at the production plant.

The ring-leaderīs name ('Mamata') could not be more appropriate, which in colloquial Brazilian Portuguese is the term used for depicting a 'humbug', 'rigmarole', 'sham' or anything in this line of thought !

Around 40 years ago, the chief engr.of a coal-fired, electrical power plant built by the Tatas in Calcutta, threw up his job in disgust and took on a similar assignment with Westinghouse in Brazil. I recall him telling me how awful - and utterly dangerous - the Commie-led protests were in West Bengal and I felt at the time he might have been exaggerating somewhat..........

So forty years later.......only if India were run by a dynasty........

carioca1232001
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
BUMP !

Did anyone just observe how extraordinarily simple it is to produce a motor-car for just US$ 2.500 in a country that (some claim !) is run by a dynasty ? ?

Here is some more from Mamata:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Mamata_to_resist_Tatas_entry_into_retail/articleshow/3426261.cms

carioca1232001
08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
BUMP for a second time !

Where are all the advocates for buying the Tata NANO ? Silenced forever ?

Too busy with the US election, perhaps ?

Why did Tata build the NANO plant in West Bengal ? Fiscal benefits ?

Where are all the WBF experts ? :rolleyes:

Michael s/v Sannyasin
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Tatas means something different in our colloquial language in the US

Hughman
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
"If the Tatas are allowed to enter the retail sector, it will spell disaster for small traders which Trinamool Congress will resist through movements," Banerjee said f

Well, that doesn't make much sense, if one were to suppose that communists were in favor of enabling the masses to succeed. This is a straw-man party (corporate front) to squelch competition, isn't it?

carioca1232001
08-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Tatas means something different in our colloquial language in the US

Yes, I think I know what it means in the colloquial context of the US ;)

So is it Tata to Nano ? :D

Bear in mind, that it is a lot more difficult to bid Tata to Mamata, as 'mamatas' are what constitute the very essence of the life of politicians and their cronies :rolleyes:
(Bushy, Cheney, Halliburton etc )

carioca1232001
08-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, that doesn't make much sense, if one were to suppose that communists were in favor of enabling the masses to succeed. This is a straw-man party (corporate front) to squelch competition, isn't it?

To my great surprise (on Googling), seems that Mamataīs goal is to rescue the people from the throes of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), firmly entrenched in West Bengal State :rolleyes:

http://www.trinamoolcongress.com/EverydayStalinism.htm

Nearly comical, hadnīt a friend of mine warned me long ago that these disputes in West Bengal can get very heated up and scary, specially for the management of business enterprises located in the latter State.

paladin
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
I think I would just close the plant and move elsewhere.....and if the people didn't like it, let them throw out the troublemakers...

carioca1232001
08-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Chuck, Rattan Tata has threatened to exercise the first option that you have proposed.

From the little that I know of that part of the world, would be infinitely easier to follow through than throwing out the troublemakers (second option), which is what the latter actually deserve.

I suppose negotiations are another way out - but the agitators are bound to squeal again, down the line, in order to extract more concessions, and of course, bakhsheesh for the political bosses.:rolleyes: