PDA

View Full Version : Enough!!!

stumpbumper
08-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Said Barrack. He was very eloquent, inspiring, and dare I say - RIGHT.

capt jake
08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Said Barrack. He was very eloquent, inspiring, and dare I say - RIGHT.

You are correct! ;)

Paul Pless
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
let the lovefest begin:rolleyes:

Phil Heffernan
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
let the lovefest begin:rolleyes:

McCain will be a sorry sight in their debates...I feel sorry for the old man...

PH

hansp77
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM
our news only showed a snippet of the speech- does anyone have a link to an online video it?
Thanks.

Rick Tyler
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM
It was Obama's regular stump speech with an extra 15 minutes of Republican-bashing. I was hoping to at least enjoy the oratory, but I thought it was entirely predictable and a giant snooze. It was a mistake for him to let Bill Clinton speak last night. Obama fares really poorly by comparison.

Compared to real orators like JFK and Reagan, this guy is a high-schooler.

PatCassidy
08-28-2008, 11:43 PM
The text (26,000 words) is now on-line.

Captain Blight
08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
McCain will be a sorry sight in their debates...I feel sorry for the old man...

PH
Scroomall. They get what they deserve.

brad9798
08-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Yea-- but is NOT lowering MY taxes.

That prick! ;)

George Roberts
08-29-2008, 01:46 AM
It is amazing that the people who nominated him and who support him needed 26,000 words to understand his position.

Perhaps both he and Mrs. Clinton should have both given 26K word speeches early in their campaigns. Just so that the delegates would know what positions they were supporting.

I guess that Mr. McCain will have the same problem.

stumpbumper
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
It was Obama's regular stump speech with an extra 15 minutes of Republican-bashing. I was hoping to at least enjoy the oratory, but I thought it was entirely predictable and a giant snooze. It was a mistake for him to let Bill Clinton speak last night. Obama fares really poorly by comparison.

Actually I thought Bill's speech, though it served its appointed purpose, wasn't up to his usual flare. Got to disagree with you on Obama's oratory skills. The speech was intended to be less oratorical and more focused on issues. It was all about things he has talked about in the campaign, but had been taken out of focus by recent attacks by McCain. He countered the recent negative assaults by McCain questioning his leadership skills and patriotism very well, and effectively linked McCain to the Bush administration. It left conservative news commentators a little shellshocked for awhile. And yes, he did begin throwing some much needed punches of his own at McCain's negative attacks.

Osborne Russell
08-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Oh yeah, the Chimp was not only more experienced than Obama, he's a better orator, and that's important in a president, and that's why you voted for him.