PDA

View Full Version : Is this what it's come to?

Beowolf
08-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Bristol...WTF?

No one drives it anymore. A caution was thrown towards the end because a piece of patchwork had fallen off the nose of Kurt Busch's car? Aero Patch? Dude!! You're at Bristol! Cars used to lose their entire front clip and still stay on the lead lap! Just a naked radiator leading the way!

Speaking of body damage, where's the tire marks? You're lucky to see half a dozen cars with the odd black circle on the side, discounting Tony Stewart, of course, who routinely swaps all his body paint for tire rubber at tracks from Bristol to Talladega, and all the tracks in between.

In fact, the only damage on winner, Carl Edwards, car occurred after the race when runner up, Kyle Busch, side swiped him during the victory lap. Carl, of course, put a fender on Busch's rear quarter panel and spun him out.

Which brings me to my last point...Kyle Busch...WTF? Carl bumped you and loosened you up for a turn in order to pass you. (A common practice at Bristol, made infinitely safer with the new cars matching front and rear bumper heights.) Before that lap was complete you returned the favor, although you were unable to make the pass. You then had 30 laps to get over it. Unfortunately, you spent most of them battling with your teammate for second.

Just about enough to make me start watching open wheel. :rolleyes:

Jeff

The Bigfella
08-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Formula One is on in an hour and a bit

brad9798
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Too much money and too many sponsorships at stake for "making" the Cup playoffs.

I thought it a pretty watchable race, though.

I LOVED Cousin Carl bumping that Busch punk over ... laughed my butt off. Actually said to my buddy: " Kyle will hit him on the victory lap!"

And he did hit Carl.

Drivers are getting better and better ...