PDA

View Full Version : A haircut and a movie ticket?

Milo Christensen
08-20-2008, 05:59 AM
God forbid the Dems should see any scruffy homeless folks at the convention next week! Denver's 4,000 homeless folks are being given coupons for free haircuts to look good for the Obama Nation and free tickets to movies and bingo to get them off the streets.

I swear, I don't make this stuff up (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/obama-denver.html), just report it.

Phillip Allen
08-20-2008, 06:08 AM
an old trick (I believe the Kennedys did it)

Chris Coose
08-20-2008, 06:24 AM
There are some nights around bed time when I think that at that very moment the leader of the free world is careening through the hallways of the white house, blacked out drunk and hollering about his lust for the chancelor of Germany.
Some things are best left to the imagination but I wished we could have an actual photo.

How bout some action photos from Iraq or Afganistan?

Hwyl
08-20-2008, 06:49 AM
God forbid the Dems should see any scruffy homeless folks at the convention next week! Denver's 4,000 homeless folks are being given coupons for free haircuts to look good for the Obama Nation and free tickets to movies and bingo to get them off the streets.

I swear, I don't make this stuff up (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/obama-denver.html), just report it.

I'm not sure you are reporting it well. I read your post to mean that the Democrats were doing it, as I'm guessing Philip did (he's got a thang for Hillary).

It is however the city of Denver that's arranging for it. Possibly in the hope that they can attract the Republicans in 2012, if they haven't self destructed by then (oh wait, they've already done that).

Phillip Allen
08-20-2008, 08:12 AM
both sides do it...

skuthorp
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Sydney did it for the olympics, China did it in extremis for the same. I presume it's the city cleaning up it's image for the camera whilst turning a blind eye to the the long term problem in the first place.

Phillip Allen
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
bet the kids working at the movie houses didn't like the clean-up

Dutch
08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
wouldnt it be cheaper to round them up in a couple of booze busses and when they get out of sight , push the buses off the nearest cliff and blame it all on gw?

gotta keep it real

skuthorp
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
"and blame it all on gw?"
Good idea Dutch! Don't know why we haven't thought of it before!
(surely we can get a gig in there for Dick as well?)

Dutch
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
a dick gig?

sounds painful

BrianW
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Sydney did it for the olympics, China did it in extremis for the same.

Why would those two places buy haircuts and movies for the homeless in Denver?

:D

skuthorp
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Seems like a good cause. Hey, are they changing the cities name to DEMVER for the occasion?

Dutch
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
and another thing. whats with this " homeless person" nomenclature? In my day we called it as it was and didnt try to fancy it all up with french fried foo foo names. We called them **** bums, or joe- ****- the- ragman, or if we wanted to be cultured while on on a date with a hotty or something we called them " hobos". but never ever " homeless" people. that sounds too much like a series of unfortunate events happened to them, completely out of their control, and probably perpetrated upon them by either satan or gw, instead of a series of many years of boozing or drugging or crazying it up........