PDA

View Full Version : What the ?#@!

Leon m
08-18-2008, 11:27 AM
This was in my PM's titled "consultation"...anybody got a clue ?

08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
ajorge
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2008

consultation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friend
I live in Brazil I have one would cutelaria artisan therefore I am pensioner thus step my time. .atualmente I am inclined to construct my proper arc and arrow,recurv I found its site in the Google and am certain that I obtain a project with construction detail and its measures… I have much good wood here my ..com choice it is difficult to matter gostaia to receive in archive pdf saw post office….it costs how much me and as I will pay
gracias*** actis.jorge@gmail.com ***
if possible for e-mail in archive PDF
jorge actis"

Tar Devil
08-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Got the same thing. Forwarded it to Scot.

Pernicious Atavist
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Man, hard to say. My company 'specializes' in turning translations into English, but this one is challenging, to say the least. It seems that he wants guidance on design, maybe lofting, but I'd be inclined to let him go elsewhere.

Milo Christensen
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Leon and Phil, have you been participating in the same thread "upstairs"? I wonder if George. or carioca could help this guy?

Keith Wilson
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Looks like a babelfish translation. A guess:

He's retired, lives in Brazil. He wants to build a good recurve bow ("arc"). He has access to plenty of good wood, and wants to get information, dimensions and construction details. It's hard for him to get things by mail, so a .pdf would be better. How much would it cost?

Does this make any sense? Do you work with bows and maybe sell plans? I think we need somone who speaks Portuguese.

Mrleft8
08-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Hmmm..... I read it as he wants to make a recurve bow, and is looking for designs/plans for building one, using local Brazillian wood...
Edit; OK Looks like I'm not completely crazy....Unless Keith is too! :D

Milo Christensen
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Wooden Bow - Wooden Boat. Good call.

TomF
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
...OK Looks like I'm not completely crazy....Unless Keith is too! :DIn some other threads, there are some who'd probably take odds on that...:D

Keith Wilson
08-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm in good company, anyway.

Here's a site with lots of free bow plans:
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=692
They're in English, however, and it doesn't appear our friend has much skill in the language.

paladin
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Brazilian rosewood is good for laminated bows. I made one in the late 60,full recurve, and it performs similar to a heavy compound bow coupled to an english longbow.....If that's what he's searching for I would suggest that he research the mongol recurves, then stretch it out like an english longbow, build one to check the draw weight, then add laminations to get to the draw weight that he wants....Not many folks can draw my bows...

Mrleft8
08-18-2008, 11:54 AM
They're in English, however, and it doesn't appear our friend has much skill in the language. That doesn't stop half the people who post here! :D

Leon m
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
He wants to build a good recurve bow ("arc"). He has access to plenty of good wood, and wants to get information, dimensions and construction details. It's hard for him to get things by mail, so a .pdf would be better. How much would it cost?

Does this make any sense? Do you work with bows and maybe sell plans? I think we need somone who speaks Portuguese.

Good work Keith ! I was wondering if he was getting to something of that nature. I have posted about my Longbows a few times on here. I've built a couple of self bows, but I'm not much of a recurve guy, sounds like Palladin has a better grip on that subject...Why don't ya drop him a line Chuck ? ;)

paladin
08-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I sent the gentleman an e-mail with some suggestions, but I need to be more clear with his desires. I asked him to try to find someone with a better grasp of the language and forward it to me. I did however, send some basic ideas and notes with caveats. I could be more specific if I knew his exact intentions, and physical traits to be able to send a basic construction outline for different recurves and riser designs.

Leon m
08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I sent the gentleman an e-mail .

Thanks, your a good man.

Rigadog
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a re-curve bow. I could save him a lot of work and sell it to him.