PDA

View Full Version : my granddaughter started school this week

George Roberts
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Last year my granddaughter attended a private preschool. Nice place. Considering transportation - expensive. And a long drive twice a day.

This year is grade "K" at a public school.

On Thursday my grandaughter and her mom went the the school to meet the teacher, have evaluations, and let my granddaughter explore. Most kids were at the school for 10 minutes or so - just enough time to find the class room and say high to the teacher. My granddaughter spent 2 hours - exploring the cafeteria, the gym, the playground, the educational supplies. She even held a puppet show.

Her mom dropped off the required school supplies as well as a bag full of my granddaughter's mid morning snacks. She told the teacher that if the school needed more supplies to let her know. And that it was OK to share my granddaughter's snacks with the other kids. Just send the bag home when it is empty. (My granddaughter was popular at "College for Kids" this summer. She would bring a dozen bags of snacks and share them.)

On Friday school started. Most of the new kids were driven to school by their parents and then led to their class rooms. And picked up after school. Not my granddaughter. She waited outside her house for the school bus. Rode the bus to school and marched herself down to the classroom. Shared snacks with her school mates - friends by now. Ate her lunch - cheeseburger and chocolate milk. After school she marched herself back to the bus and enjoyed the ride home.

Most important all day long she did what was asked and was helpful.

She is getting big.;)

Henning 4148
08-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Nice. All the best.

kharee
08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Isn't it good to see our blessings while we are still able to enjoy them! My brother passed while his grandchildren were quite small but I enjoy them for him. I still tear up but with a smile when I think of him not enjoying watching them grow up. Enjoy your blessings.

Paul Girouard
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
You gonna hang around the play ground George , just in case a stray wanders thru:rolleyes:

James McMullen
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
I wonder if the Oklahoma State Penitentiary serves cheeseburgers and chocolate milk?