X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tylerdurden
    Banned
    • Jul 2006

When government suspends "rights" tyranny inevitably follows

History proves that there is always advance warning when governments enter the final stages of transitioning from freedom to tyranny. The three most obvious warnings are sounded when government begins openly spying on people, publicly punishing opinions and raising up standing armies. The U.S. government and its state, county, municipal and corporate minions have legalized unwarranted surveillance, searches and seizures; those who speak and write in opposition to government policies are subject to punishments ranging from character assassination and harassment to prison sentences and sudden, suspicious deaths and; police at all levels are being militarized in dress, weaponry, demeanor and tactics. What Thomas Jefferson pointed out as historical fact over 200 years ago is supported in contemporary experience as described by Ron Paul. The truth is plain to see: The U.S. government has become obsessed with surveillance and the enforcement of its increasingly unpopular policies with militarized police authority.
    The excuse that militarizing police is necessary for making the homeland safe from terrorists is as ancient as tyranny itself. The U.S. government is committed in the direction of tyranny; it cannot and will not turn itself around. To turn an infamous quote from President Bush on its head, "You are either with us [the people] or you are with the terrorists [the U.S. government]."
    continued...
    http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20080730.htm
  • Tylerdurden
    Banned
    • Jul 2006

Re: When government suspends "rights" tyranny inevitably follows

I posted this and right away a notable stalker from another country began with meaningless attacks.
    It would be nice if we could have the same respect payed to this as with the Oz politics thread.

Comment

• Tylerdurden
      Banned
      • Jul 2006

I asked respect to be payed as I respect your OZ politics thread.
      Its clear now that you hold no quarter when it comes to posting trash on anything I post and anyone can look at the record of how many appearances you make on the threads I start in relation to how many of yours I do.
      What is happening to my country is alarming to most everyone worldwide and I hope to engage discussion in regards to OUR founding documents. The fact that you seek to interfere with that even when I request the space, and I without request or hesitation give you and your and your countrymen speaks volumes.
      Like most of my detractors you have not the maturity to understand this like my new signature line from another thread.
      "I only read the headline" yet one can formulate judgment and opinion from such.
      Continue on my dear friend as you no longer do damage to me but discount yourself.

Comment

• Tylerdurden
        Banned
        • Jul 2006

Could you just stop filling this thread with ****e?

Comment

• Tylerdurden
          Banned
          • Jul 2006

Well even with my two requests you continue. Its a shame as this thread is based on the words of my country's founders who were highly educated,well respected men in their communities.

You come from a country which was populated and formed by well, criminals who were not well educated or respected in their communities.

Is it any wonder then the out come of this thread? Thank you for making a clear distinction.

Comment

• Tylerdurden
            Banned
            • Jul 2006

I would like to point out to my Aussie "friends" that this discourse is only intended for one of your countrymen and I have only the greatest respect for you.

Comment

Working...