PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cowboy Action Loads...

BrianW
08-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Being I'm not much into this sport, I have a question concerning loads labeled as 'Cowboy Action'. Are these loads milder than average, average, or perhaps on the hot side?

The reason I ask, is I sort of made an impulse buy today, and walked out of the local gun store with this gift for the wife...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/gun%20stuff/charterarmsbulldogpup.jpg

It's chambered in 44 special, and the store only had the one Winchester type of ammo on hand. I'll use the spent brass and my 44 Rem Mag dies to load up the next batch nice and mild. (It really is for the little missus.)

Phillip Allen
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
mild loads...very good caliber

Mrleft8
08-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Charter Arms is a very good company..... Why is it that so many of the good firearms companies came from Connecticut?....Hmmmm....

paladin
08-12-2008, 09:52 PM
light loads....

dmg
08-12-2008, 10:04 PM
With snow on the ground you can visually follow the rounds through the air.

Dave

Captain Blight
08-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Charter Arms is a very good company..... Why is it that so many of the good firearms companies came from Connecticut?....Hmmmm....
Because of its infrastructure during the Industrial Revolution concurrent with its proximity to NYC and its immigrants during the European Diaspora.

BrianW
08-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks to Phillip, Chuck, and dmg for the load info, and to all for the comments. Seems like a decent revolver for the price. It's no Freedom Arms, but it cost about 25% of a FA revolver too.

Mrleft8
08-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Because of its infrastructure during the Industrial Revolution concurrent with its proximity to NYC and its immigrants during the European Diaspora.
Ever read a book titled "Carriages and Clocks, Corsets and Locks"?

LeeG
08-13-2008, 08:16 AM

Capn' you're a strange poet