PDA

View Full Version : Obama to announce VP via "twitter"

switters
08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
my first reaction is WTF is twitter. Got that figured out now, it's like a text message service. had to look it up.

So is this anyway to announce such a decision?

I feel like the grumpy old man yelling at kids to stay off my lawn, but this sounds pretty childish, or is it really hip?

Yeadon
08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
The guy is just speaking to his audience ... anyways, everybody else will find out about 15 seconds later.

When is the announcement supposed arrive?

Concordia...41
08-12-2008, 01:02 PM

I feel like the grumpy old man yelling at kids to stay off my lawn, but this sounds pretty childish, or is it really hip?

I don't know, but I appreciate you looking up and letting us know what a "twitter" is... :rolleyes:

Captain Blight
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
my first reaction is WTF is twitter. Got that figured out now, it's like a text message service. had to look it up.

It's non-traditional; but taking the long view, no more so than using Marconi's wireless or tele-vision. It's just a new technology, that's all.

Kaa
08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Twitter is not a text message service. It's basically a blog (technically, it's blogging platform and software) that has been designed for frequent tiny posts, often made from cell phones.

If you feel the world MUST know what you are doing right now and what you'll be doing in the next five minutes, Twitter is for you.

Kaa

switters
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Twitter is not a text message service. It's basically a blog (technically, it's blogging platform and software) that has been designed for frequent tiny posts, often made from cell phones.

If you feel the world MUST know what you are doing right now and what you'll be doing in the next five minutes, Twitter is for you.

Kaa

Does JCOH know about this?;)

Thanks for clearing that up Kaa, now whats a blog? j/k

Keith Wilson
08-12-2008, 01:54 PM
You have to sign up. I got an e-mail from the campaign asking if I wanted to known the exact second it came out, with instructions on how to log on. I figured I could stand to wait a couple of hours, even (GASP!) until the next morning. It may appeal to the young folks that are permanently wired into their computers, but I'm too old to care.

Joe (SoCal)
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't know, but I appreciate you looking up and letting us know what a "twitter" is... :rolleyes:

Psssst ;) Margo you can get a twitter ip app from the iTunes app store on your iPhone.

Joe (SoCal)
08-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Does JCOH know about this?;)

Ayup ;)