PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating giving away my Friendship

johngsandusky
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I haven't had time to work on it this year. Not too much last season either. She's outdoors, I'm paying storage. I'd love to finish her and sail her again, but I don't know when. I've already refastened her below the water, and replaced some planks and the stern timber. She still needs a couple of planks, the rabbet cut in the new timbers, the rudder installed. Also, the cabintop is a bit soft in one area, the bridgedeck too. Do any of you want her? Or know anyone that does? I'll put a free boat ad in WB at some point, other places too. I'm not in a rush, I just paid another year storage.
Think about it, if anyone has the time, skill, and resources to save a 26' pemaquid yawl.

JMAC
08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I was just sailing this weekend on the 23' centerboard sloop that I had donated to a local community-building organization. I led a group of volunteers in the restoration and we launched it in Sept. '07. We got it in the water again last weekend and went for our first sails this weekend. The work is a lot more fun and goes a lot faster with many hands. I've made new friends, and got much out of leading the project and taking folks out on her.

Could this type of thing work for you?

Joe (SoCal)
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Photo's ????

johngsandusky
08-11-2008, 07:49 AM
JMAC, that's not a bad idea. There is a museum and a boatbuilding school in my county.
Joe, I'll try to get some pictures up. That her sailing in the top of my posts.

holzbt
08-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi John,

Where is she located. My son is always asking if we can go drive around looking for boats.

Roger

johngsandusky
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Roger, she's in Port Jefferson Station, in a locked yard. I'll meet you if you want to see her. PM me