PDA

View Full Version : Jersey shore (Long Branch area) chance to meet.

nedL
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
The Long Branch Iceboat & Yacht Club is hosting their third "Thunder On the Shrewsbury" this Sept 20th. Granted this is principally for Jersey speed skiffs built of "that other stuff", but there should be at least a couple of wood skiffs there, and this year they are teaming up with the "Navesink Maritime Heritage Association" for their wooden boat show. This is a nicely attended, well organized get together for owners, followers, & fans of the Jersey speed skiffs (boats even come up from Fla for it) - fun to see & experience if you don't know them.

Maybe some of us can meet & put names to faces. I'm planning on making it.

This is off the speedskiffs.com web site.

Thunder On The Shrewsbury
September 20, 2008
Host: keith Brummer (kemosabekeith@verizon.net)
REGISTRATION FORM (click here) (http://www.speedskiffs.com/2008thunderregistration.pdf)

Thunder will be Sept. 20th Saturday rain date Sunday the 21st. There will be a Friday night dinner (either catered or cooked by us) cost to be announced. Live music Saturday after the boats get pulled. Food and beverages all day Saturday. There will also be an antique wooden boat show on Saturday along with the Jersey Skiffs put on by the Navesink Maritime Heritage Association, hosted by Long Branch Ice Boat & Yacht Club. Any questions contact Keith 732 433 7376/or Steve Becker732 804 8262 We are hosting a wooden boat show too.. the Navesink Maritime Heritage Association will be the group in charge of the boat show.. They need anyone who is going to register for judging and trophy's to register with their site directly... it is www.navesinkmaritime.org (http://www.navesinkmaritime.org/)

nedL
09-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Bump. .. I'll be there if anyone would like to stop by. :)

neal debonte
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I will try to attend. May enter boat in show.

nedL
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I'll be the guy with the stuff on the historical information about boatbuilding on the Jersey shore. Hope to see you there, please say hi if you attend. :)