PDA

View Full Version : This is Two Paragraphs

LeeG
08-07-2008, 06:51 AM
and a link

http://www.reason.com/news/show/125027.html

In his forthcoming book Gusher of Lies: The Dangerous Delusions of “Energy Independence” (PublicAffairs) Robert Bryce, managing editor of Energy Tribune and author of Pipe Dreams: Greed, Ego and the Death of Enron, grapples with what he detects as a growing belief, both among policy elites and the public, in “energy independence.”

That’s the notion that America should disengage from world energy markets and seek self-sufficiency in energy production. To Bryce, this is not only impossible, but dangerous to even attempt. As he writes in the book’s introduction, the quest for energy independence “means protectionism and isolationism, both of which are in opposition to America’s long-term interests.”

Tylerdurden
08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
How does being strong and independent harm us in any way?
Its just so stupid to think that one must be dependent on another for any good reason.
More assbackward thinking from the globalist agenda.

Milo Christensen
08-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Also two pragraphs from the same article:

Bryce: If I could tell Congress one thing, I’d tell them to forget about doing anything for the energy business. They’ve done enough damage, don’t do any more. The bill is unfortunately named the “Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c110:34:./temp/%7Ec1107uxE5a::).” It’s got 300 pages of blather about ethanol and biofuels that does nothing for energy independence or security. They mandate 36 billion gallons of biofuels for every year by 2022. It’s pure fantasy, the idea that we can hit that target.
Every presidential candidate has talked about energy independence and every one conflated oil and terrorism, except for Ron Paul. Paul as far as I can tell was the only presidential candidate who dared to say something to the effect of, when it comes to energy, we need to let the market work, that supply and demand and prices should make decisions about [how and from where we get energy].

LeeG
08-07-2008, 07:20 AM
It's delusional to proclaim independance while utterly dependant on others for companionship, products, services and community.

or stupid.

who made your boat, where do you get the replacement parts for it, what are you communicating on and to whom right now?

you're either on the bus, or not. If you're not, you couldn't post on an internet forum with delusional ideas proclaiming independant thought that come from others writings.

Tylerdurden
08-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Trade and energy independence are two entirely different animals.
Energy independence is a National security issue and should be regarded as such. We can survive with limited trade but not with limited energy. You will all find this out when a major conflict starts.

LeeG
08-07-2008, 07:56 AM
energy independance is a dangerous delusion. An economy that is flexible and prepared for volatility in oil sources is a national security issue. To retreat to independance from trade in low cost energy is not affordable or meeting that national security need.

Mark, if I may operate on the same level of presumption, you don't know sh*t.

Captain Blight
08-07-2008, 08:10 AM
I'd have to read the book before I can make a cogent statement about it.

LeeG
08-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Me too, I just like pulling Marks chain.

Tylerdurden
08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Me too, I just like pulling Marks chain.

Yeah, likewise hence the 911 thread. Got to keep the monkeys dancin.

Also, I do know ****, I spread it on the walls here a lot.:D