PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded (boat related) phone call!

bamamick
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Last week I got a call from my buddy who is working on the Dragon 'come on in. I've got something to show you'. Ah well. How bad could it be? I mean, that's why you make a budget and then tell the guys you have to stay about 20% under what you've really got to spend, right?

Well, my friend is well into the work that I had given him to do, but he also found that not only was there a load bearing frame that was bad (which I knew), but that ALL of the load bearing frames were bad, as well as almost every floor timber. Anyway, we dug around a little and came up with a plan. The budget is just about shot, and I am considering putting her up for awhile rather than bankrupting myself. We'll see. If he can finish her for what I was quoted then we'll be alright. If not?

Mickey Lake

John B
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Ouch. Ah well, you'll do what you can do.
Mate John recently found a similar issue around his mast step. His boat , Amanda, is such a nice thing too. Anyway, he's got Peter Brookes fixing her all up.
Bring over another thousand.

Yeadon
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Any chance the repairs could be staggered over a couple seasons? "Bad" seems like a very vague term.

PeterSibley
08-05-2008, 08:01 AM
"Bad" seems like a very vague term.
Mushy rather than vague .Good luck Mickey .

The Bigfella
08-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Have you got somewhere at home to keep her and where you can work on her?