PDA

View Full Version : 1928 - Rumrunner

Thunderbolt
08-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Hello everyone ,

Call me crazy , but l went ahead and purchased a 1928 Herman Thorson 47' rummrunner. l am doing research on Herman Thorson and having a hard time finding out about him. Does anyone know anything ? l am very excited to be restoring this one of a kind classic. So in the coming furture as l begin this incredible journey, any helpful hints would be of great help.

Smiles, Dave

The Bigfella
08-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't know anything about him, but welcome and good luck with the restoration. Got any photos? List of work planned?

rbgarr
08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Is this the boat?
http://www.ladyben.com/SearchResultsFull.asp?VesselID=806

Lew Barrett
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
David, if that's the boat it would appear that somebody else got to her first. A big undertaking, that.

pcford
08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
David, if that's the boat it would appear that somebody else got to her first. A big undertaking, that.

Yes, it will be a chunk of work to replace the house with something that looks appropriate.

Nice looking hull though. A "Dreamboat" style house maybe. I wonder if plans or at least a picture of the original house might be available.

BETTY-B
08-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Nice looking hull though. A "Dreamboat" style house maybe. I wonder if plans or at least a picture of the original house might be available.

Oooh. Ya. i think that's the boat that was listed talking about it being in a West coast rum runnin' book. Maybe there's pics in there.

DAN