PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Doin's 7/25

Bill R
07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Whatcha doin'?

Friday- finishing up some little loose ends of a project, then hopefully Compass Project for a bit.

Saturday-Sunday. I'm finally home after being on the road. Fix my tractor and mow my lawn. Do some other work on the house.

Sail and relax.

Drink adult beverages.

Another One
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Nothing special. Farmer's market. Clean up the septic garden and mow the west yard before the sumacs take over. Transplant some tomatos. Go see the Batman movie with my son. Prep for childrens' sermon on Sunday. Walk my dog.

hokiefan
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Gotta check the lug nuts, Mark says the wheels are falling off.:D

Cheers,

Bobby

switters
07-24-2008, 04:23 PM
heading for the hills, the Alaskan hills. hide your salmon

no wooden boats though, RIBs and a RV will be the transportation utilized for this trip.

adampet
07-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Our camp hosts a group of Big/Little Sisters from inner city Boston for a day of Camp. I'll be running the boating part of the day. Kayaks, Sunfish and maybe the Daysailers. Then Archery, Tie dye and the pool. Always fun.

My son will be doing his radio show from 12:00-2:00 PM on WOMR
Web site here: http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/womr/ppr/index.shtml

Our Minister's last Day on Sunday..time for another interim....Oh well

Adam

hokiefan
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Gotta check the lug nuts, Mark says the wheels are falling off.:D

Cheers,

Bobby

Actually, Friday night my son and I are going to the Sand Gnats (Class A Minor League baseball) game.

Saturday and Sunday I have to cut the grass and do general yard work. Hope to basically finish the handrails on the pool deck.

Also need to get some work done on the canoe we're (very slowly) building. With a little luck will get the sides laid out and cut, maybe get the stems out if I make good progress. The rest of life keeps taking up all of the time.

Cheers,

Bobby

Brian Palmer
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
We're starting a vacation to Voyageurs National Park on a rented house boat that we will pretend is made of wood.:D Looking to catch some pike and smallmouth on flies.

Brian

CharlieCobra
07-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Trying to figure out when and how to sail Oh Joy through Deception Pass sans engine for haul out. That and dealing with a 5 knot current in a 100' wide channel when I get there. I reckon I'll be using the dinghy as a tug to make the slot in that cross current. Hopefully, I have a good Westerly Monday.

Robbie 2
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Supposed to be doing Hockey Reffing this morning then a little coaching/training game this afternoon followed by a trip down to Auckland this evening.
My son Benjie has a game against Nth Harbour tomorrow (Sunday).
The weather here is LOUSY though and I kind of wish the whole lot gets cancelled but haven't heard anything yet so have to plan for all on.
Regards
Robbie

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Going to a free concert in the park this evening.
Watching the sunset over Lake Erie.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/572919749_12db7c2626.jpg?v=0

Robbie 2
07-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Supposed to be doing Hockey Reffing this morning then a little coaching/training game this afternoon followed by a trip down to Auckland this evening.
My son Benjie has a game against Nth Harbour tomorrow (Sunday).
The weather here is LOUSY though and I kind of wish the whole lot gets cancelled but haven't heard anything yet so have to plan for all on.
Regards
Robbie

Well as I thought it would, with all the heavy rain/wind etc....the barometer has fallen to 962 Hectopascals, everything planned this weekend has been cancelled. Oh well....have been very busy at work the last few days so a good excuse for a rest.:)
Regards
Robbie

Tylerdurden
07-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Screw the lugnuts, I am going sailing. Lots of single handed practice.:D

Hughman
07-26-2008, 06:20 AM
lessee....., finishing up a pile of strop blocks/thimbles/bullseyes, milling 1/4 round mahogany rubrail for a neighbors rowing shell, some ultimate frisbee, a coffee shop concert, and doing battle with potato eating deer....

John B
07-26-2008, 06:33 AM
86 knots out in the gulf today ( sat), 50 in the harbour, boats up all around the place. I spent quite some time on friday setting up extra lines on 3 boats, getting the jib and fabric hatch covers off Riada and securing everything I could.
Met service are a ^&%$#@! joke, they only started warning people on friday ,when the cyclone was being predicted on metvuw and other sites most of the week. I was telling my mates to get some more lines on on wednesday.

davidagage
07-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Daytime...
Deck removal
Deck beam removal
Install Temp bracing
More deck removal
More deck beam removal
More temp bracing

Evening...
Adult beverages

:D

Mrleft8
07-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Lawn Tractor Polo.

Russ Manheimer
07-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Continuing what I did yesterday morning:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/2702551550_7f781944b9.jpg
Hove to off the Mantoloking Yacht Club. Easy sailing....

Mrleft8
07-26-2008, 07:53 AM
And to think....This time one month ago Margo was hosting a party! ;)

openboater
07-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Skaneateles antique boat show

Maybe Oswego harbor fest

move 4'x24' sheets of ply for the Tennessee

David G
07-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Today - Wedding. Some old friends are finally tying the knot... and I mean old. He's just retired from the National Weather Service. My sweetie is officiating.

Tonight - entertaining some out of town guests. Dinner, and then maybe some music.

Tomorrow - Boat work in the morning. Jerry will be revising the rigging a bit, and I will be rigging a Huntington Helm Impeder. Afternoon will see us at the downtown waterfront for a boat show. Lotsa nice old mahogany runabouts & such. I want to get an up-close, on the water look at this new Electric Drive runabout - and maybe even a ride.

http://www.edisonboats.com/

"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye... unless you've been drinking" -- Dave Barry

Joe Dupere
07-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Went to the farmer's market this morning. I'm going to cut some wood this afternoon. Tonight I'm calling a contra dance in Bangor. Tomorrow, I'll check the bees, and then I'm going rowing or sailing in the Shellback depending on the wind.

Joe, FPoP