View Full Version : For my aussie friend

Tylerdurden
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Oil prices close in on record-high 143 dollars

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080630094124.x8jswtxg&show_article=1

Whoops!:rolleyes:

The Bigfella
06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Wasn't it supposed to hit $160 back in March?

shamus
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I want to know when it will re-enter the long term range. The short term is proving longer than I expected.

PeterSibley
06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Some of the short term estimates left out Chinese consumption growth and stockpiling .

The Bigfella
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I guess a recession in the US is taking longer than expected.

Then again, Tyler says that the financial system is due to COLLAPSE by September 1.

The rise in the price of petrol in China will have an impact.

skuthorp
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I note that China is buying whole oil fields in undeveloped state.

>http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Chinese+but+oilfields&fr=yfp&ei=UTF-8<
Vertical integration is alive and well, they're trying to buy Iron ore deposits here too though the govt is not keen, and neither are the voters.

Tylerdurden
07-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Wasn't it supposed to hit $160 back in March?

Moving the goalposts Ian?

The Bigfella
07-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Moving the goalposts Ian?

You set the goalposts mate - I haven't moved them at all. I'm just waiting for your September 1 prediction to be proven wrong too.

Tylerdurden
07-01-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't see how my prediction was wrong. The article I posted said oil at one sixty possible in a matter of weeks. It may have took longer but its heading north at a steady rate. You posted that it would fall in price in the same time frame but I have to figure it was conveniently forgotten. So far my September time frame on market collapse seems to be on the mark. If you remember I said I think September was the outside date barring unforeseen disasters or war.
I don't know where the majority sits on this issue but I called the subprime meltdown when everyone said it would not happen.
Housing prices have fallen 30% so far with no telling where the bottom is at. Like I said before its all going according to plan.
You could figure this stuff out if you had figured out how to read between the lines but with your narrow mind I can see how that is not possible. To see what is happening with a clear eye one must completely abandon what they have been taught to be solid trustworthy information and standards. I know its hard to let go of what you have been taught but you better do it now as I fear the shock to your psych will be to great. I would hate to see you as one great drooling mass of shock and confusion.

The Bigfella
07-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Back to your normal dose of insults already I see Mark. Can't hide those leopard spots eh?

You posted that it would fall in price in the same time frame but I have to figure it was conveniently forgotten.

I actually said that in the long term the price would fall - and it will.

Tylerdurden
07-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Back to your normal dose of insults already I see Mark. Can't hide those leopard spots eh?

I actually said that in the long term the price would fall - and it will.

What insults Ian, That I said you have a narrow mind? That I predict an outcome of that narrow mind when reality hits?
Frankly, the fact that I waste my time trying to get you to think clearly should win me some award. You may think you have some grand plan to walk with the elite when this is over but your mistake is believing there is a place for you in the New World order.
Your just as much considered human garbage as the rest of us here. My compassion extends to you as in not letting it come as a surprise.

The Bigfella
07-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Your just as much considered human garbage as the rest of us here.

Maybe five minutes a day working on your self esteem would help?

I'll start it off for you. I know you are a nice bloke with good skills. There - feel better?

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
So where's oil with all this trouble in Georgia? Below $115 last time I looked.

Tylerdurden
08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Dude, Look around. Demand is down. Economy's worldwide have slowed. The damage is done for now so no spike until the Persian gulf heats up.

Its all right though you can be right if you want to.

Actually I hope I am wrong but I still doubt it right now, lots happening quickly.

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Stay optimistic and all will be fine

Tylerdurden
08-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Stay optimistic and all will be fine

Like I said Ian, I am optimistic about Humanity. Not optimistic with our current system. Change is coming fast and to ignore it is folly.

Its what comes after that is more important to me than what is now.
What is now I believe cannot be stopped. I don't think thats being pessimistic just grounded in reality. A complete seed change in how we approach our lives is coming whether we like it or not.

stevebaby
08-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't see how my prediction was wrong. The article I posted said oil at one sixty possible in a matter of weeks. It may have took longer but its heading north at a steady rate. You posted that it would fall in price in the same time frame but I have to figure it was conveniently forgotten. So far my September time frame on market collapse seems to be on the mark. If you remember I said I think September was the outside date barring unforeseen disasters or war.
I don't know where the majority sits on this issue but I called the subprime meltdown when everyone said it would not happen.
Housing prices have fallen 30% so far with no telling where the bottom is at. Like I said before its all going according to plan.
You could figure this stuff out if you had figured out how to read between the lines but with your narrow mind I can see how that is not possible. To see what is happening with a clear eye one must completely abandon what they have been taught to be solid trustworthy information and standards. I know its hard to let go of what you have been taught but you better do it now as I fear the shock to your psych will be to great. I would hate to see you as one great drooling mass of shock and confusion.D DAY -18.and counting.

seanz
08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
D Day -18?
Let's be fair and give it till the start of October before we call it.
A world financial meltdown can be a fickle beast.

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
October - mate the bulls will be running again by then won't they?

seanz
08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Just saying......
:)
End of September/Start of October seems reasonable. Whatever happens one of you will be wearing a sandwich board with "I was wrong" on it.

Even if it does all collapse, how long will it take before it's up and running again?
Months? Years?
We could use the Asian Meltdown as an example and extrapolate........

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Just saying......
End of September/Start of October seems reasonable. Whatever happens one of you will be wearing a sandwich board with "I was wrong" on it.

Even if it does all collapse, how long will it take before it's up and running again?
Months? Years?
We could use the Asian Meltdown as an example and extrapolate........

Geez mate - keep up. Living in NZeddie must've slowed you down?

He's not talking about a share-market rout.

He's on about a complete collapse of the financial system - the end of the world as we know it. No more US currency. That sort of collapse.

seanz
08-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Geez mate - keep up. Living in NZeddie must've slowed you down?
It has and it suits me. :D
He's not talking about a share-market rout.

He's on about a complete collapse of the financial system - the end of the world as we know it. No more US currency. That sort of collapse.

I know (at least I think I do) what Mark is on about. I thought the Asian financial crisis was more than just a share market collapse?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_financial_crisis#Consequences

The trouble with "the end of the world as we know it" is that it happens all the time.
;)

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
The trouble with "the end of the world as we know it" is that it happens all the time.
;)

Yep - like "climate change" for christsake.

That wiki on the Asian crisis doesn't go into the riots, etc that happened in places like Jakarta. I had a meeting not long after with a Chinese guy who was trying to organise Oz passports (via a business immigration scheme we have here - $750K in capital is a good number apparently). We were looking for, lets just say, several mil for an internet business that I was CEO of.

His comment was "money is not a problem .... how much do you need?" His investors were in no way interested in the business - just in getting a passport that could get them (and particularly their wives and daughters) out if it happened again. They could make oodles more money up there. The burning of their businesses was less important than what had happened to their wives and daughters.

I didn't do the deal btw. Last I heard of him, he was in gaol in Singapore.

Tylerdurden
08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Yep - like "climate change" for christsake.

That wiki on the Asian crisis doesn't go into the riots, etc that happened in places like Jakarta. I had a meeting not long after with a Chinese guy who was trying to organise Oz passports (via a business immigration scheme we have here - $750K in capital is a good number apparently). We were looking for, lets just say, several mil for an internet business that I was CEO of.

His comment was "money is not a problem .... how much do you need?" His investors were in no way interested in the business - just in getting a passport that could get them (and particularly their wives and daughters) out if it happened again. They could make oodles more money up there. The burning of their businesses was less important than what had happened to their wives and daughters.

I didn't do the deal btw. Last I heard of him, he was in gaol in Singapore.

Here he goes again. :D

When Princess Di would meet me for drinks and casual sex she would tell me things she heard From British intelligence.:rolleyes:

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
gee it must be hard being you Mark

Tylerdurden
08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
gee it must be hard being you Mark

It was hard when I was with the princess.:D

The Bigfella
08-12-2008, 10:16 PM
It was hard when I was with the princess.:D

vapid, depressed idiots turn you on eh?

Tylerdurden
08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
vapid, depressed idiots turn you on eh?

She had nice hands:D besides Psycho chicks are great in the sack.
I have reason to believe you would have no knowledge of that.

The Bigfella
10-01-2017, 04:14 AM
I wonder what Mark thinks of the oil price these days?