PDA

View Full Version : Got to stay friendly with Memphis Mike

Hwyl
06-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Just Heard Al Green on the radio, I have to get to Memphis to visit his church. Very high on my "Life list".

Lay it down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYGo6a9scGo&feature=related)

Mrleft8
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
MMike, (as you know Gareth) is an exceptionally kind, and caring person. I had never met him, never spoken to him, never E-mailed or PMed him. Then Katrina hit New Orleans, and the whole rest of the gulf coast. Carter's cousins were wiped out of their place in N.O. and were relocated to Memphis. I PMed Mike and Sue, and asked them if they could help. They didn't know me, or much less Carter's cousins from Adam. They took it upon themselves to entertain Carter's cousins and asked for nothing in return..... There's no one better than a person like that in my book.

Phillip Allen
06-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree...good people, and I hope to maintain the friendship

Ethan
06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
That's all well and good, but go look at his posts...doesn't sound like he wants to maintain the friendship, boys.

And, before you start shooting the messenger - Mike's the one who put this example of pathetic, poor behavior on public display....

Tom Montgomery
06-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Mike likes me.

Ethan
06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
what a resume builder:rolleyes:

SaltyD from BC
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
MMike, (as you know Gareth) is an exceptionally kind, and caring person. I had never met him, never spoken to him, never E-mailed or PMed him. Then Katrina hit New Orleans, and the whole rest of the gulf coast. Carter's cousins were wiped out of their place in N.O. and were relocated to Memphis. I PMed Mike and Sue, and asked them if they could help. They didn't know me, or much less Carter's cousins from Adam. They took it upon themselves to entertain Carter's cousins and asked for nothing in return..... There's no one better than a person like that in my book.

That makes sence to me actually. So tell me anyone, why is he such a prick on this site. :confused:

Actually, it prolly doesn't matter. What ever floats your boat I guess. I mean this is the internet. And that is all that matters. :cool:

Phil Heffernan
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
That makes sence to me actually. So tell me anyone, why is he such a prick on this site. :confused:

Actually, it prolly doesn't matter. What ever floats your boat I guess. I mean this is the internet. And that is all that matters. :cool:

Mike is a great guy. He's just been crabby lately with the goat;) Plus, he, like Joe, have been too present here (in the Bilge, that is)...

PH

Captain Blight
06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
From what I've seen on my short time here, Mike's worst crime is showing up here in the expection of havin' a little fun. He's a troll and he's very good at what he does. So what? Don't complain if he's better at breakin' stones than you are. It's pretty funny if you don't take it too seriously.

Lew Barrett
06-22-2008, 10:45 PM
A quick MM story to corroborate Lefty's ode.

Mike had just left his job and was worried about finding work. Money was tight. Meerkat, however, needed a bed. I put the word out and a few people kicked in. Mike sent a check in the middle of his own angst about money, and apologized that he didn't have more to give.
MM's more than OK in my book.

botebum
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Mike pisses me off... and that's just one reason that I like him.

Doug

Memphis Mike
06-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I sincerely apologise to anyone I have offended in here lately. That includes you to Chad. We once were friends and I hope we can continue to be just that.

Phillip Allen, I'm truely sorry for what I said to you also. You know you are welcome at my house anytime and I mean that,

There are so many things that I would like to say to you guys right now but I just don't have it in me.

My main problem is I'm just having troubles growing old.

I love all of you.

Again I'm sorry.

Mike.....MM or whatever the hell you want to call me. Call me SOB if you like but those that know me know I'm a good guy.

There are just so many things that I wanted to do with my life and they just haven't happened. I don't even think I'm in the same league as some of you.

Spin_Drift
06-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, those are nice things to know about Mike... I only knew about him through his posts...

Sounds, -he has his heart in the right place and when the going gets tough he's there to help, even strangers... It tells a lot about his character deep down... I like that.:)

Mike, though you've been acting crabby lately, I have gained new respect toward you...:)

...and thanks for your post before this one. It explains a lot... I've noticed growing old is not so easy but considering the alternative... I rather do that...:eek:

Memphis Mike
06-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks Spinner.:) Sometimes I feel that life is just a never ending battle.

I'm a rat on a treadmill.

Memphis Mike
06-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't want to go to work for this overbearing JERK of a boss I have in the morning. He is KILLING me.

I'm sorry I took all of this out on you guys.

Truely sorry.

Lew Barrett
06-23-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't want to go to work for this overbearing JERK of a boss I have in the morning. He is KILLING me.

I'm sorry I took all of this out on you guys.

Truely sorry.

Damn straight. We all have our crosses to bear, it's a matter of choices. One door closes, another opens, but change won't just happen and nothing is gained while you're just waiting for the storm to pass. Get busy living now, and quit that crappy job while you're abouit it. Maybe think about doing something you like and can dive into. You make a change or the change will make itself for you. Either way, be prepared for a change one way or another, and try to embrace it. I'll be right behind you; you don't think you're the only person getting old here who thinks there must be more to it than working at something you don't like, now, do you Mike? Be fearless about a crappy job, or at least creative with how you spend your time away from it. Chin up man. You've got friends here.

BrianW
06-23-2008, 03:19 AM
I can feel your pain. Sometimes I get very angry about how my job is run, and I've actually got a fun job. Well, at least in the summer.

Phillip Allen
06-23-2008, 03:25 AM
Thanks Mike...we knew the real Mike was still in there...he never left...friends

Memphis Mike
06-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks everyone. I guess I just need a little positive reinforcement sometimes.

Everything will be OK.:)

Hwyl
06-23-2008, 05:16 AM
This is supposed to be a thread about the Reverend --Al Green that is.

Mike is a great guy however.

Tylerdurden
06-23-2008, 05:18 AM
I am with you Mike, Its tough working on Maggies farm.
Don't let the bastards get to you. You really do have a good heart and We shouldn't fight but know this. If I can ever be of service just call.
Now lets get back to pissing each other off:D

PS, Green is good!

bamamick
06-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Gareth, if you'd like to hear the reverend preach without actually sitting amongst the faithful, he will be appearing at the Hard Rock in Biloxi sometime soon. I pass a billboard every day with his name on it but hadn't really looked at the dates. I'll let you know tomorrow.

As far as 'Reverend' Mike goes, life is complicated, and hard, and sometimes just a wee bit more than many of us can handle. The older I've gotten the easier it is for me to not be as judgemental as I once was. I just try to keep kind thoughts in my head for the people here. Obviously we all need each other in some bizarre way or we wouldn't bother. Right?

Mickey Lake

Vince Brennan
06-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Mike, we all got troubles and problems and gripes and kvetches... and we're all family here. That PM I sent you still stands. Anytime.

Thanks for the nice post, though... I was beginning to get worried you were going thru the change or sumptin'!

We'll miss you this weekend.

Mrleft8
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Oh jeez! It never occured to me, but I think you're right Vince....... MMike's going through Manopause! :D

Lew Barrett
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
http://thewrongadvices.com/info-extras/Paris-Hilton.jpg

And what would a Mike thread be without the obligatory Paris shot?

The Rev's Greatest Gift to Us
remains a simple appreciation for the taste, style, class and talent that is.....Paris!

For this alone, we are grateful.

You are the best, Mike!

Memphis Mike
06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL! She's hog tied.:eek:

Tar Devil
06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
My main problem is I'm just having troubles growing old.

You're growing old with a good woman that loves you.

I woulda settled for that.

TimH
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Im growing older...

but not up.

Lew Barrett
06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
As a rule, when you grow old, you don't grow up, as gravity is having it's way with you!

Mrleft8
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Gareth..... I apologise for diverting the intent of your thread.

Hwyl
06-24-2008, 05:05 AM
My very own Paris thread, I'd like to say to her: let's stay together (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOOFk549fw)

The Bigfella
06-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Was that a call for a Paris photo?

seanz
06-24-2008, 05:26 AM
http://thewrongadvices.com/info-extras/Paris-Hilton.jpg

Was that a call for a Paris photo?

Everybody gets an eyefull.
:D

Nanoose
06-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Man....she needs a new personal assistant. The one she's got ain't dressin' her worth sh!t.

cs
06-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Mike we all go through "growing" pains. I hope that you find the answer in which you seek. I hope that we can continue our friendship.

Chad

Memphis Mike
06-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Mike we all go through "growing" pains. I hope that you find the answer in which you seek. I hope that we can continue our friendship.

Chad

Thanks Chad. I think this is the answer:D but the only problem is Sue doesn't think along the same lines.

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/7/i/2/-/-/XL1200NSportster1200Nightster.jpg

The Bigfella
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I take it that's the current Sportster. Girl's bike. Why doesn't she want it?

cs
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Mike don't listen to none of the distractors (btw it is not a "girls" bike), that is the answer. You can tell Sue I said so.

Chad

Mrleft8
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah..... A Murdercycle's gonna help! Riiiiiiiiiight!
Diagnosis: Mid-life crisis.
Remedy: Death by severe abrasion of the face on asphalt.
Good idea!

Tylerdurden
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I have rode the big bikes and they do nothing for me. Just testosterone injections for the timid. It has become the badge of the weekend warrior. If I was buying a Harley the sportster would be it. I was looking at the KLR 650 myself. Sometimes you gotta go places the roads don't go to.

glenallen
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Man....she needs a new personal assistant. The one she's got ain't dressin' her worth sh!t.

The latest thing, Deb!
It's called "Roper-Alls"!
Better get you a suit before they run out.:D

Nanoose
06-24-2008, 11:17 AM
The latest thing, Deb!
It's called "Roper-Alls"!
Better get you a suit before they run out.:D

OK, ga. When you buy one for your wife, pick up a second for me and send it on up. ;)

TimH
06-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Its not a girls bike.
They call it a "bitch bike" :)

I worked with a guy who rode one and was all proud of his "HOG"

I called it a bitch bike and he didnt seem to think it was funny. He sold it a month later.

glenallen
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
OK, ga. When you buy one for your wife, pick up a second for me and send it on up. ;)

She would have that rope around my neck quicker than you could say hang em high.

Nanoose
06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
She would have that rope around my neck quicker than you could say hang em high.

Good to know you're married to a smart woman. ;)

Memphis Mike
06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
That ain't no girlie bike. That's twelve hundred cc's of raw street mo chine.

The only reason that I may steer away from the Sportster is some guys told me last night that it's not a comfortable bike for piggy backin your ol lady on.

I also like it for the price.

Mrleft8
06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Friend of mine's got one for sale, in excellent shape, for $6,500 right now. I could talk him down to $6 grand if you want it.

Memphis Mike
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Friend of mine's got one for sale, in excellent shape, for $6,500 right now. I could talk him down to $6 grand if you want it.

I'll probably buy it local, lefty. That would mean I would have to come up there to get it. I'm just not quite ready for a return to New England just yet. My nerves haven't settled from the last time.:eek:

Mrleft8
06-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Sissy! :D

Tylerdurden
06-24-2008, 06:15 PM
The GWB on a bike is something to be experienced. I have passed that way several times and said a blessing before and gave thanks after. I suggest lotsa power and a maneuverable bike.

SaltyD from BC
06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
That ain't no girlie bike. That's twelve hundred cc's of raw street mo chine.

The only reason that I may steer away from the Sportster is some guys told me last night that it's not a comfortable bike for piggy backin your ol lady on.

I also like it for the price.

I always say it takes a real man to ride a sportster. But then, I say a lot of goofy stuff :confused:

Seriously a room mate years ago had a Cafe Racer 1200 Sportster. No Sporty is that great for two especielly with the bars down below the tank! That was one way to fun motor cickle though man :cool:

Thanks for your posts back there MM ^^ Try not to let the bastards get you down. Send me coordinates for A hole boss and I will commence mind bullets at once! :D

ishmael
06-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I think Mike is OK. He's got issues, don't we all?

Nastiness, gratuitous nastiness, makes me mad, and he's got his share of something sideways going on. I think, just a minor opine, that he's mad because he's smart, and senses he's better than fixing vending machines. Sue is racing ahead being an artist. Being something we aren't is very frustrating especially when our spouse is making tracks.

I extend my hand to anyone here. I don't have anyone on my ignore list. If it gets bitten, maybe we'll do better next time? It's probably naive, but that's how I'm going to conduct matters.

Alexander2
06-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I think, just a minor opine, that he's mad because he's smart, and senses he's better than fixing vending machines.

If he is smart he has been very cleverly hiding his intelligence on this forum.

SaltyD from BC
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Amature ^^

glenallen
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
If he is smart he has been very cleverly hiding his intelligence on this forum.

Mike has been around here longer than you've been harrassi....er, I mean stalki...er, I mean reading his posts.
He has a long history as a good man, a family man.
Just because he skids on a slick spot does not mean he's not intelligent and caring.

Alexander2
06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Mike has been around here longer than you've been harrassi....er, I mean stalki...er, I mean reading his posts.
He has a long history as a good man, a family man.
Just because he skids on a slick spot does not mean he's not intelligent and caring.

Mike has a loooooooong history here of being a foul mouthed insulting poster including several boasts of running off people he does not agree with.
Every once in a while he swears he will be nice, then relapses.
You are defending the indefensible.

glenallen
06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Mike has a loooooooong history here of being a foul mouthed insulting poster including several boasts of running off people he does not agree with.
Every once in a while he swears he will be nice, then relapses.
You are defending the indefensible.

If you feel that way then simply don't read his posts.
That's your ace in the hole!

Hwyl
06-24-2008, 07:54 PM
You are wrong Alexander, he's a number one kind of guy.

Here's more of the real reverend. Maybe you should try some of his humility . This is with Queen Latifah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB7ADdF6x64)

Memphis Mike
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't even see Alteran's posts unless they are copied by someone else.

Ya folla?

Mrleft8
06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Slink................. Slink............... Slink............ Slither.....Squiggle..... Slink..... Tying MMike's shoe laces together while he sits at his computer........ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slink....... Slink................ Slither...... RUN RUN RUN RUN! :D