PDA

View Full Version : propoganda and it's effect on oil prices

LeeG
06-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Israel just did a helicoptor recon exercise that's supposed to tell Iran they're serious about being serious. Of course this requires US cooperation to be really serious.

Does anyone else think the American public will start to worry about the wisdom of saber rattling and the use of the biggest tool in the tool box as gas pushes $5/gal?

That maybe our limit for concern isn't the debt, the disconnect between what our present administration says is real and what is real, the effects of war on people, our standing in the world,simply that driving 10miles to the mall will cost the price of a medium box of popcorn?

Rigadog
06-21-2008, 07:16 AM
my gut tells me that all this posturing by US and Israel is actually being done to drive up oil prices, as a final gesture of good will by Bush towards his wealthy cronies and oil-friends (and he's probably enriching himself through some off shore trading). This phony oil crisis is siphoning millions out of working people's pockets; an huge transfer of wealth from the many to the few.

I used to think that they were seriously nuts and going to hit Iran, but I think this is all about money.

LeeG
06-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Run out of things to talk about in Iraq, eh? ;)

Hell, even the NYT finally came over...in their own way of course.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/21/world/middleeast/21security.html?th&emc=th

Heck no,,what do you want to talk about in Iraq? or oil prices?

last time you crossed that topic it was with the idea we could lower prices by greater domestic drilling.

Osborne Russell
06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Violence in all of Iraq is the lowest since March 2004.

Why March 04, and in any case, so what? Violence in the colonies reached an all time low after General Washington abandoned New York.

There are simply more Iraqi troops for the government to deploy, partly because fewer are needed to fight the Sunni insurgents, who have defected to the Sunni Awakening movement. They are paid to keep the peace.

I suppose we'll wind up paying them to love freedom before it's over. When does the war start paying for itself, as promised?

Failure to follow through could wipe out many of the gains in places like Hayaniya, one of Basra’s most deprived areas and a Sadrist stronghold, where residents already grumble that they have seen little evidence of improvement. “They said they will repair schools and roads — but when and where?” said Ali Alwan, 45. “It is only talk. We suffered during the military operation, but what is the reward?”

Well, Ali, sorry but we didn't think of that while we were doing Shock and Awe, but trust us, it's coming, the New York Tiimes says so. They used to say you should be pessimistic but now they say you should be optimistic. You couldn't trust them then but you can now.

Rigadog
06-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes, from all I hear, Iraq is a paradise. My wife and I are planning to vacation there next summer. It was a toss-up between Iraq and New Zealand, and after making a T chart and listing all the pros and cons, Iraq came out way on top. Can someone tell us what we should pack? Are shorts permissible in the cafes? We want to visit the museums, take in a play or two (I hope "Cats" is still running...) drink the local beer, sort of "go native". Any ideas? Should we do a package tour, or do it independently?

The Bigfella
06-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Its OK dog - we'll take up a collection to help get you there