PDA

View Full Version : Psychic powers

TimH
06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Do they exist?

L.W. Baxter
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I knew you were going to post this poll.

I've been waiting all day to vote.

TimH
06-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I knew you would say that :)

botebum
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Aww hell, I know where this is going:rolleyes:

Doug

L.W. Baxter
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I knew you knew that. Which is why I prepared this reply ahead of time.

Yeadon
06-18-2008, 05:24 PM
This is all going to end badly. Believe me.

seanz
06-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Bit predictable really

TimH
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
here we go again...

paladin
06-18-2008, 05:35 PM
and again, and again....

Yeadon
06-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Don't you know it.

botebum
06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
It was in the cards that this place would lighten up a bit.

Doug

clancy
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I know what you're thinking.

Yeadon
06-18-2008, 05:57 PM
You're way ahead of us, obviously.

Art Read
06-18-2008, 07:05 PM
So how come Dione Warwick needed ME to tell her my credit card number, eh? No flys on me!

ishmael
06-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm quite convinced of two things:

One, what we call "psychic" meaning a knowing of things not communicated by words or logical consequence, does happen. I've experienced it, and I'm not going to back off.

Two, the world is full of charlatans in this realm and even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

botebum
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I knew Ish would show up and get all serious about it:rolleyes:

Doug

skuthorp
06-18-2008, 07:33 PM
"there are known unknowns, unknown unknowns........................"
Hey..................... did George's psychic foul up?

Larks
06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Sign at the front door of the recent Psychics Conference in Sydney - "Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"

SaltyD from BC
06-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Those psychics should have called me. Clearly my mind bullets can't quite go that far.

George Ray
06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.noetic.org/

A nonprofit membership organization located in Northern California that conducts and sponsors leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of consciousness—including perceptions, beliefs, attention, intention, and intuition. The Institute explores phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models, while maintaining a commitment to scientific rigor.

Greg P H
06-19-2008, 12:34 AM
The Gov. believes in psychics, they have a registered list of psychics and remote viewers that they can't recruit, and they are closely watched, phone taps, computer taps etc.

Because the Gov. has it's own, for it's own purposes. So they all keep track of each other, because the info is just 'out there' without any boundaries. It's just a matter of being able to tune to it.

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Greg P H - your tag line is in quotation marks. Source of the quote?

Kaa
06-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Greg P H - your tag line is in quotation marks. Source of the quote?

Plugging the quote into Google should give you the answer.

It's Adyashanti, from How Very Fortunate: Adya's reflections after ten years of teaching (http://www.gaia.com/quotes/topics/christianity)

Kaa

Greg P H
06-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Thanks Kaa

Yeah, Adyashanti
I forgot which teaching.

http://www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=aboutus
I recommend the videos to get a better sense of him.
Cheers

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Kaa. Some interesting things there.

I would have to disagree with the second phrase of that quote. I can't comment on the first part, but the goal of Christianity is not to create Christs. To say that is to understand neither Christ nor Christianity.

TimH
06-19-2008, 09:59 AM
"People marvel at the possibilities of sensing thoughts in the air, but they will play with radios, hearing music a thousand miles away. Is not the mind which created this radio which is able to receive vibrations from such a distance, greater than the radio which is but a creation or one possibly of its power?
We can conceive of nothing that has not its seed, reflection or possibility within ourselves. Every machine in existence is fundamentally a still and crude reproduction of some part of the human make-up, some combination of muscles, some faculty of body or mind.
The radio is but the outward echo of one facet of the human mind. As the radio develops we will not only hear but see, as can the sensitized mind.
We are Human Radios, the most sensitive, delicate, and perfect Radios conceivable, the perfect model from which all future improvements upon the electrical and mechanical radio will be derived. If this were not so, the radio would not be in existence. We can create or materialize nothing of which we do not ourselves consist. An invention is the manifestation and therefore absolute evidence of the existence of a thought - the thought, or that which is the seed or cause of the thought, giving it birth in accordance with definite laws. Man, with all his ingenuity and constructiveness can discover nothing new. He merely conforms with a law already in existence for centuries. His sensibility of mind has but absorbed the radiance of existing truth, and this seems to astonish those less informed......... "

-Joseph Sadony from "The human radio"

Milo Christensen
06-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Tune in tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion of another episode of . . .

Greg P H
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks, Kaa. Some interesting things there.

I would have to disagree with the second phrase of that quote. I can't comment on the first part, but the goal of Christianity is not to create Christs. To say that is to understand neither Christ nor Christianity.

Consider, that the source of your disagreement may be the result of the manipulation and distortion of his teachings by the church itself, for it's own purposes.

Michael s/v Sannyasin
06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
... but the goal of Christianity is not to create Christs. To say that is to understand neither Christ nor Christianity.

Have to agree with Greg... on this I think you are only half right :D

Kaa
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
...but the goal of Christianity is not to create Christs. To say that is to understand neither Christ nor Christianity.

From a Buddhist point of view, Christ was a bodhisattva whose teachings got umm... misinterpreted :-)

Kaa

Greg P H
06-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Heehee... I live with a Bodhisattva, though she's not a Buddhist

Misinterpretation is part of the experience of human form, it's one of the games we play here. ;)

'No realization without dillusion' and all that....And part of the game is forgetting that we are already what we seek, and taking all the experiences personally...then remembering again.

Thread drift ...
which potential will it lead to.. I see several :D
Carry on!

SamSam
06-19-2008, 12:59 PM
The Gov. believes in psychics, they have a registered list of psychics and remote viewers that they can't recruit, and they are closely watched, phone taps, computer taps etc.

Because the Gov. has it's own, for it's own purposes. So they all keep track of each other, because the info is just 'out there' without any boundaries. It's just a matter of being able to tune to it.

In her book, What Does Joan Say? My Seven Years as White House Astrologer to Nancy and Ronald Reagan (1990), Quigley (http://www.answers.com/topic/quigley) made far-reaching claims. She advised Nancy Reagan from 1981 through 1989 and is sure that her astrological advice decided the timing of key political events, including speeches, televised campaign debates, the signing of arms control treaties, and even the dates for Ronald Reagan's cancer surgery and the announcement that he would run for a second term. Quigley claims that Air Force One would only take off if she reported a favorable alignment of the planets and that she sometimes also gave the president and his wife political advice.

cs
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I find that with enough will power and mind control you can make things move.

Example if you sit and stare at a glass and hold your hand out, now you have to concentrate hard, that eventualy the glass will leave the table and make its way into your outstretched hand.

Try it works. With enough concentration and mind control you will influence somebody to walk over pick up the glass and hand it to you. Works every time.

Chad

Greg P H
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Do you do this often?

cs
06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Just enough to prove it works but not too much to get knocked upside the head. :D

Chad

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll tell you for 10 bucks.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/chugroberts/Hobnob/RingBellforPsychicNY1207.jpg