PDA

View Full Version : Reasons not to have vanity plates

cs
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
1. When hill climbing with your 4wd truck in somebody's back yard and you rip out the sprinkler system, vanity plates w/ LOCO make it easier for the residents to get your plate number.

Chad

hansp77
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
my guess was it was someone hillclimbing in Chads yard:o:D:mad:
but I could be wrong there.

Gary E
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Cant you buy your own sprinkler system at HomeDepot?

cs
06-18-2008, 09:50 AM
The hill climb had something to do with "you ain't got a hair" and "that POS truck you have couldn't climb that hill"

After a visit from the local sherriff and a check to repleace damage parts I was free and clear.

But that is a good reason not to have vanity plates (esp in ND where you have them front and rear so they can catch you coming and going).

Chad

cs
06-18-2008, 09:58 AM
But we did climb that hill despite the fact that the when hitting the almost vertical portion at the top we almost flipped over backwards.

Chad

BTW I thought I would bring this up despite the fact that it happened almost a million years ago when I was young.

Memphis Mike
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
1. When hill climbing with your 4wd truck in somebody's back yard and you rip out the sprinkler system, vanity plates w/ LOCO make it easier for the residents to get your plate number.

Chad

Funny, I could have sworn yours said "Southern Redneck" on it.

Beowolf
06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Dude, after the amount of work I've put in this week to install a sprinkler system, I'd be out to draw blood!! :mad:

But it has been kinda cool to learn some basic plumbing. I guess it's one more thing that I don't feel quite so clueless about anymore.;)

Jeff

cs
06-19-2008, 07:08 AM
And I wouldn't blame you Jeff. But you know in our early 20's we tend to do stupid stuff in the name of fun.

Chad

Mrleft8
06-19-2008, 08:02 AM
And I wouldn't blame you Jeff. But you know in our early 20's we tend to do stupid stuff in the name of fun.

Chad I still do stupid stuff in the name of fun....I just do it slower, and ache more the next day.....:D

cs
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm still aching from all the stupid stuff in the name of fun I did way back than. The aches have caught up with me.

Chad

Beowolf
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Two nights ago I spent an hour playing basketball with the neighborhood kids (HS freshmen). I still hurt today. :confused::rolleyes::(

cs
06-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Jeff I spent this winter watching High School basketball and don't believe I want to play with them. They can dunk and they are bigger than me.

My style of basketball is pretty physical. One of two things would happen, either I would hurt them or I would get hurt.

Chad