PDA

View Full Version : Newfie Humour is timeless

Three Cedars
06-17-2008, 11:43 PM
back in the mid-eighties there was a comedy show out of New Found Land somehow they , CODCO, got a TV show ... I'm glad they did :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mulhhshb7UU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IVvFg8PqA&feature=related

shamus
06-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I dunno if you picked the wrong religion, but you might have picked the wrong forum..

skuthorp
06-18-2008, 12:24 AM
One of our Newfies had a sense of humor. He'd poke his nose in the back of your knee and jump all over you when you fell backwards over him.

Captain Blight
06-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Burin, Newfoundland, Canada (AP)

Worst Aviation Disaster

Canada's worst air disaster occurred today when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Newfoundland.

Newfie search and rescue workers have recovered 826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening.

shamus
06-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Look out for a man with a can of spinach.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
06-18-2008, 02:45 AM
One of our Newfies had a sense of humor. ....

Ain't that the truth.

Vince Brennan
06-18-2008, 05:19 AM
Ooooo.... and we thought the "dog thread" got nasty...... wait.

Popeye
06-18-2008, 06:52 AM
good morning

:D

S B
06-18-2008, 09:14 PM
back in the mid-eighties there was a comedy show out of New Found Land somehow they , CODCO, got a TV show ... I'm glad they did :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mulhhshb7UU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IVvFg8PqA&feature=related
Geezes, you only now catchin' up to cod co, thought we was half an hour later.:D:D

Vince Brennan
06-19-2008, 05:51 AM
Now, daggone it, Popeye! I saw this thread start and immediately went out and invested a load of money in new mops and cleaning agents just to soak up the blood I was sure would flow as a result.... and you come in with a cheery, "Good Morning"???

What's the world coming to?

Now SWMBO expects me to do the floors instead.

Some friend YOU are!

Oh, well.....

Milo Christensen
06-19-2008, 06:22 AM
As the following story will illustrate, you can't outsmart a Newfie:

A Newfie went hunting one day in Ontario and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home when he was confronted by an ornery game warden, who didn't like Newfies.
The game warden ordered the Newfie to show his hunting license, and the Newfie pulled out a valid Ontario hunting license.
The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, 'This duck ain't from Ontario . This is a Quebec duck. You got a Quebec huntin' license, boy?'
The Newfie reached into his wallet and produced a Quebec hunting license. The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said , 'This ain't no Quebec duck. This duck's from Manitoba . You got a Manitoba license?'
The Newfie reached into his wallet and produced a Manitoba hunting license.
The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt and said, 'This ain't no Ontario duck. This here duck's from Nova Scotia . You got a Nova Scotia huntin' license?'
Again the Newfie reached into his wallet and brought out a Nova Scotia hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the Newfie 'Just where the hell are you from?'
The Newfie turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said, 'You tell me.....you're the expert.!!'

S B
06-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Newfie Joke; What do Newfies and Ellen DeGeneres have in common? There fingers smell like fish.

Three Cedars
06-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Oy ! Someone should slap ya with a cod , if there are any to be found. :D

S B
06-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Nothin' wrong with Newfie jokes, but they should be the genuine article. If not be geez,:D we'll have to straightn' ya out.

goodbasil
06-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Every time Quebec decides it wants to seperate the only other province that will back them is Newfoundland, because it would shorten the drive to Toronto by four hours.

S B
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Every time Quebec decides it wants to seperate the only other province that will back them is Newfoundland, because it would shorten the drive to Toronto by four hours.
Haven't heard that one in a while:)

boylesboats
06-21-2008, 01:11 AM
As the following story will illustrate, you can't outsmart a Newfie:

A Newfie went hunting one day in Ontario and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home when he was confronted by an ornery game warden, who didn't like Newfies.
The game warden ordered the Newfie to show his hunting license, and the Newfie pulled out a valid Ontario hunting license.
The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, 'This duck ain't from Ontario . This is a Quebec duck. You got a Quebec huntin' license, boy?'
The Newfie reached into his wallet and produced a Quebec hunting license. The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said , 'This ain't no Quebec duck. This duck's from Manitoba . You got a Manitoba license?'
The Newfie reached into his wallet and produced a Manitoba hunting license.
The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt and said, 'This ain't no Ontario duck. This here duck's from Nova Scotia . You got a Nova Scotia huntin' license?'
Again the Newfie reached into his wallet and brought out a Nova Scotia hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the Newfie 'Just where the hell are you from?'
The Newfie turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said, 'You tell me.....you're the expert.!!'

ROTFLMAO:D Now I got to clean up this sticky lemonade off my desk, and outta my nose.. snort, snort....

Captain Blight
06-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Newfie Love Poem
Susie Tobin fell in love, she planned to marry Joe
She was so 'appy 'bout it all, she told her pappy so.
Pappy told her, "Susie, maid, Ye'll have to find anudder
I'd just as soon yer ma don't know, but de bye, he's yer 'alf brudder!"

So Susie put aside her Joe and planned to marry Will
But after tellin 'er Pappy this, he said, "Dere's trouble still.
Ye cannot marry Will, my dear, and please don't tell yer mudder
But Will, and Joe, and several mo', I believe to be yer brudders."

But Susie's mother smiled when asked and said, "Just do what makes ye 'appy--
Marry Will or marry Joe: Ye ain't no kin to Pappy!"

Art Read
06-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Heh, I gotta an idea... Let's analyse Jack, lynch George, banish Karen, shun Dutch, and ignore Joe while we're "teasing" Popeye?

Captain Blight
06-21-2008, 02:27 AM
I don't even know Popeye, how can I tease him? And if I did know him, I'm sure that he wouldn't mind a little good-natured ribbing from the new guy... as long as I could take a little right back....

Anybody tough enough to live in Newfoundland surely has a skin tough enough for a few generic jokes pulled off the Web.

S B
06-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Anybody tough enough to live in Newfoundland surely has a skin tough enough for a few generic jokes pulled off the Web.[/quote]
YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION; What do you think living in Newfoundland is actually like? I'm curious as to what made you believe this is the kind of place only the tough survive.:)