PDA

View Full Version : Marianne's Tarot Cards Psycodelic Silkscreening and Organic Consumables

SaltyD from BC
06-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Its been a while, too much of a while since I stopped in to see my old friend Marianne. But I took a trip to the city and made sure to drop by.

Its been cool out here, much more than normal so her flower boxes were no where near full glory yet. The honeysuckle was growing crazy ever higher up the wall but not even a bud yet.

"Yo Dan oh Dan, oh man commin here you! Where you've been? Great to see you!" she says as I open the big cedar door.

"I'm all good Marianne, I know - way too long hon. I'm happy to see you too".

She gives me a big hug. You can try all you want to give her a hug but, the giving comes from Marianne. Its just the way it is. She kind of grabs you with a big wrap around bear hug that you can't get the better of. Her long gray hair, electric blue and red sharong on this particular day and smile as wide as the straight just comes up and gets you. All 5 feet and a bit of her..

"Whatchu doing ol boy I was away in the winter some, maybe you come by no? I was to India. And France. Some ol friends from the day from Kitsilano sent me tickets to come! It was so nice to see some of the old family, you know? The ones from the day ya know? Now whatchun need boy, can I read some cards, your mind, or?"

"No thanks Marianne, I'm just here to vistit, how about we just have some tea".

She made a small pot of green tea and prodded with a few gentle questions. Yes, the move went well and the old house sold I told her. The new place is great - we're real happy I told her. She said she could see that. And was happy for us. I invited her up to see us some time.

We had another cup of tea and a little walk through the small garden out back of her shop. Nice and green, but not a rose in bloom. "Real cold this spring no?" she says.

I looked her in the eye for a moment. I said there's a lot of cold in the world isn't there. Global warming and all but in little pockets like out here this spring its real cold.

"OK" she says.

"What, OK?"

"You been worryin. Worryin about the nasty. The nasty in us! The big ol nasty that's always been in this world. The nasty he comes, and he goes, and she come back. The world has a lot of nice. And a lot of nasty. A lot of warm spring days with tulips 2 feet tall'n honeysuckle blooms hangin to the gound with a thousand bees on them. And she has cold days in June. And lots of them".

"I didn't ask you to read my mind".

She smiles. Big, huge smile.

"Its written all over your sleeve ol son. You just gotta know this. No let it getchu down. And fight back with a little kindness every chance you get see? Every chance you get. And when the nasty come hard you fight back with the kind some more, see? The nasty no win."

I went back to the car and got out some lox, blackberry preserves and some cedar bark strips. I gave it to her and put some money in the karma jar. She told me to take care, and not to be so much of a stranger.

"Old son....." 'kind of rolls off her throat like a cat purring when she says that.....

Greg P H
06-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Beautiful !
Thanks for that :)

"Which one wins?
The wolf you feed......"

seanz
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
That just cleared my mood.
Good thing too.
:)

SaltyD from BC
06-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Marianne has a way of clearing the mind all right. Thanks guys. :cool:

Keith Wilson
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
You just gotta know this. No let it getchu down. And fight back with a little kindness every chance you get see? Every chance you get. And when the nasty come hard you fight back with the kind some more, see? The nasty no win.Good advice. Very good advice. http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dave Williams
06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Salty,

I don't say much around here but that was nice! I'll be floating around up your way for a couple months soon. Look out for a funky junk rigged dory schooner.

Here's to kindness,
Dave

SaltyD from BC
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Salty,

I don't say much around here but that was nice! I'll be floating around up your way for a couple months soon. Look out for a funky junk rigged dory schooner.

Here's to kindness,
Dave

Sure will Dave. Got any pics of your funky schooner by chance? :cool:

Dave Williams
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Yea Salty I got a few but havn't figured out the posting thing. Can email you some if you'd like.

Dave

SaltyD from BC
06-17-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll send you a pm Dave..

botebum
06-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I always liked Marianne much more than Ginger.

Doug

Michael s/v Sannyasin
06-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Nasty on one face, Nice on the other. In reality, there is just one coin with two different facets. You can't really separate them. You can only pay more attention to one side or the other.

Concordia...41
06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
The nasty no win.

I like that. A lot.

SaltyD from BC
06-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Cheers Margo. I like it a lot too. :)

Dan

Concordia...41
06-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Bump to start someone's day out nice. :)

Spin_Drift
06-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Lady is wise... :):)

Thanks...:D

Concordia...41
10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Bump ;)

Canoez
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
...and another bump.