PDA

View Full Version : A message to Mike

cs
06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I post this with the risk of pissing off a bunch of people and even the potential of the wrath of the angry pouring down on my head. I post this in public because this is of note to us all.

Mike as of now I can recall their has been two seperate instances in which you have called me personally stupid. You have done this in a public forum for everyone to see. In addition to that you have publically admitted to running off a fellow forumite and you are seemingly proud of it. You have insulted several other regulars of this forum.

The common thread here is that if you perceive that someone doesn't agree with you then you immediently go on the attack with insults and veiled threats. You badger people with photos of Paris, foul language, rude behaivor, in short you act like drunk looking for a fight.

You belittle people and insult their intelligance, even after meeting them in person and being welcomed into their homes. You constanly complain about the South, Tennessee and Memphis, but yet do nothing to fix the problem.

You talk all the time about how certain people are just trolls and you attack them at every chance you get. These people may or may not be trolls or stalkers, but I will add that of all these people that you attack not one of them has ever had a foul or discourging word to say to me. I wonder if maybe the problem lies not with them but rather you?

I have noticted that yet another long time forumite has gotten discourged with your attitude and has spoken out. Take this to heart.

What I'm asking you to do is to take a look at yourself and what you say and ask yourself if this is really who you want to be.

bob winter
06-16-2008, 02:30 PM
This might get interesting.

Ethan
06-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Chad, good on ya for being so calm and relatively non-confrontational about it.

Ball's in your court Mike.......

Mrleft8
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna cook up a big bowl of popcorn to watch this one.... Chadanooga VS. Mikephis......:D
BTW..... I kinda sorta agree with you Chad, but I do also see why MMike pounces on trolls....Kinda sorta....

Ethan
06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh poo poo.

Lol...it's responses like this that are careening Dutch to the top spot on my list of favorite bilge posters.

jack grebe
06-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh poo poo.
And it would seem no paddle

Wild Dingo
06-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh poo poo.

And it would seem no paddle

Yep and seems he enjoys shyting in the sandpit and phissin in bed as well... cant seem to help himself with his pathetic childish antics... but hey he is the memphis mike :rolleyes:

Now why in hell did you quote him Jack? I mean first I got the
Memphis Mike This user is on your Ignore List. thing and thought beauty it works!! no more reading his crap or seeing bloody skanky... and you go quoting him??? :mad: strewth mate ;)

Chad mate... Nice try but one thing about mike that I found lately is that he really doesnt give a crap what ANYONE here thinks or says for some weird reason he thinks hes far better than anyone here... and one day those that think the sun shines out of his arse will see that... then it will be "oooh poor lonesome me wahwah wah" :rolleyes:

ah well on with the show other threads to read :cool:

seanz
06-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Fairs fair, if people don't quote him (just every now and then, thanks) how will we know when he's turned the corner and is headed back to Happyland?

Katherine
06-16-2008, 08:36 PM
MMike, I don't know what's going on in your life, but I pray for the best for you and your family.

Wild Dingo
06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Fairs fair, if people don't quote him (just every now and then, thanks) how will we know when he's turned the corner and is headed back to Happyland?

:D True... But how long would it last for? Id suggest not long at all :rolleyes: ...ah well no point belaboring the issue
This user is on your Ignore List. works for me :cool:

Peter Malcolm Jardine
06-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Fart

SaltyD from BC
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I wonder what MM would have to read if he had everyone on his ignore list that have him on there's. :D

Ian Marchuk
06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
May I buy you a beer Chad......?

Peter Malcolm Jardine
06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
If I had a dime for everyone that ever insulted me, I'd be a millionaire.

and if I had no time for forgiveness, and maybe even indifference to those insults on occasion, I'd be an insomniac.

This place is like most families, cozy at times, rampantly dysfunctional other days. So it goes. Roll with it people.

Frankly, as far as George goes, I hope he finds some resolution to whatever haunts him. I hope that for all of us.

Nanoose
06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
well said, pmj

Peter Kalshoven
06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I like Mike. I've played guitar with him, enjoyed great Memphis style ribs at his home, and admired his boats.
I like Chad. I've played guitar with him, enjoyed burgers in his backyard, and admired his boats.

There's room for everybody.

Ian Marchuk
06-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Cultivating a thicker skin is positive growth.
A call to the necessity of forgiveness is wise.
So is an appeal to more mature behaviour.
I see this thread as a reasoned and reasonable appeal to a higher standard of behaviour, and one that I support.
I have come to believe that MM is plowing some very heavy personal ground as he has seemed really CRANKY lately.
Even though every one of us has failed to maintain a high standard of behaviour at one time or another (and will continue to fail from time to time ) that cannot exclude us from encouraging those around us to a higher standard.
Having said all that , I do wish you well Mike .......

BrianW
06-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I suspected it were a goat the whole time...

Yeadon
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Someone really got his goat, certainly.

LeeG
06-17-2008, 12:36 AM
he's working on being a grumpy old fart. There's always room for more.

Ian Marchuk
06-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Well Brian ,why didn't you fill me in earlier ?Just goes to show that you are an astute smartypants observer of goaty behaviour. Sure is lots of it down here.....
So I guess this dumb hokie SOB will just shake the dust off my shoes and carry on.

BTW Brian we appreciate the great piktoors you post here ..... How about summore , mebbe the inmates here could shift their focus from eyeball gouging and hair pulling long enough to appreciate some of the finer things.....

BrianW
06-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I gave him a spankin.

It's a good thing Edgar ain't a monkey. ;)

rooster
06-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Just goes to show that you are an astute smartypants observer of goaty behaviour. Sure is lots of it down here.....

Just stopping by,there is some wierd sh!t down here!!! new guy going topside. Later, Rooster

cs
06-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Okay, I've said my piece. Is it too much to ask of each other to show at least some shred of respect? Apperantly so.

I don't understand why people would rather be hateful and insulting to others rather than to try and be understanding and respectful. I guess you can either be a prick or not be a prick and Mike, you have made it apperant which side of the line you stand on.

Chad

Dutch
06-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Wild Drongo enters stage left .........

S.V. Airlie
06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
I have been called a lot worse on the forum. One has two options: Developing a thicker skin.. or implementing the 'ignore' feature. With one troll, I found that works well. In fact, he is the only individual ( term used very loosely ) on my ignore list.

Memphis Mike
06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
"I don't understand why people would rather be hateful and insulting to others rather than to try and be understanding and respectful. I guess you can either be a prick or not be a prick and Mike, you have made it apperant which side of the line you stand on."

I stand on the line opposite of you Repugnicans.

S.V. Airlie
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Lincoln was a repugnut.. Typical southern attitude Mike..:eek: Still fighting the war of regression.
Or is it just yours..:p;)?

Popeye
06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
i think he is basically trying to say he is unwilling to share his ideas or participate in a discussion with anyone who cares to express themselves freely

doing this on an internet forum makes it all the more ambiguous

cs
06-17-2008, 08:41 AM
So you would rather destroy a friendship than try and have a reasonable discussion?

Chad

TomF
06-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Chad,

I understand that MM's various comments have hurt your feelings ... but consider your goals.

Launching a thread's a great way to let us all know that you're ticked off, and don't want to put up with MM's comments ... but if what you want is MM's behaviour to change and to rebuild bridges?

Most of us don't react generously to a public confrontation, whether we are "right" or "wrong." It may be necessary for your own self respect, but IMO is more likely to sever a friendship than promote the attitude needed on both sides to mend one. Personally, I'm sorry it's come to this.

my $0.02

t

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I phone and email my friends. Occasionally I even write a letter.

cs
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Just so you know, this time I didn't try to e-mail or PM Mike and maybe I should have. But I have tried it before and the response that I got from him was that he was more worried about what others on the forum thought than he was about my feelings.

At this point I felt that a direct public confirtation was the best for all. I'm probably wrong but that is how I feel about it.

Chad

Paul Girouard
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I phone and email my friends. Occasionally I even write a letter.

So IF some one , like say myself , has never gotten any of those , I guess , Boohoo , we're not friends ? I'm crushed :D

So what this "new" avatar suppose to mean?

Paul Girouard
06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
confirtation

No flirting on the open forum Chad :D Ya gotta go for the jugular on the open forum , more confrontational action.

Dutch
06-17-2008, 10:21 AM
drongo minces his way across stage, muttering under his breath as spittle drips from his ill- formed lips...... , a gasp is heard from afar as his cloak falls off and revealed is.....

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Jeff, Karen was not driven off the forum. Its a c.o.m.p.u.t.e.r. forum how can anyone be driven off ????

Hell I've been basted and fried, I have had letters sent, my personal life attacked, phone calls, people approaching me with menace at a bar in Newport ( Yea you Barry all 3 ft of you ) and it still continues, Scot the moderator has edited my posts with out acknowledgment or remorse. Yet I'm not DRIVEN OFF.

Go figure, sorry Karen wasn't a sailor and didn't have sailor skin.

But please Lord all mighty give the freaking KAREN story a rest, it's a total misconception to think anyone can drive anyone off a COMPUTER FORUM. Oh and stop making Karen out to be a saint geeeze next you all will be nominating George Roberts for a PETA award. :rolleyes:

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
... it's a total misconception to think anyone can drive anyone off a COMPUTER FORUM.Memphis Mike was just feeling a bit megalomaniacal.

Everyone seems extraordinarily thin-skinned lately. It must be this stretch of hot & humid weather.

Milo Christensen
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't advise turning your back on Mike Huddleston at any time under any situation, I know I never will.

Milo Christensen
06-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, but you got to see it coming to know which hand the knife is in.

Spin_Drift
06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Dutch:) you have always treated me well. :)

I ask you kindly to not harass :( Dingo as he is my friend.

You know it's difficult to stand by quietly and see anyone attacking a friend. I'm sure you understand...:)

So again, please Let Dingo be in peace...

Thanks.:)

Popeye
06-17-2008, 02:08 PM
ok , chad and joe and milo , takes on jeff and mike and .. uh , you need one more girl

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
A word to the wise, Spin_Drift: Don't try to pet that dog. It bites.

Tar Devil
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
A word to the wise, Spin_Drift: Don't try to pet that dog. It bites.

Spinner, remember what I said...

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Joe, as I heard it from Karen, she left so Charles wouldn't have to choose between a constant state of rage and traveling to CSoH to rip off your head and spit in the resultant cavity. So it's true she wasn't exactly driven off, but it's near enough as makes no never-mind to me.

If I can ever manage to make it to a WoodenBoat Show, don't try to shake my hand. I'll turn my back on you. I'll avoid Mike Huddleston as well if I can, and give him my back if I can't, for the same reasons.

WOW :( Jeff and to think we had a very civil conversation not long ago on the phone, we spoke about our online persona's and our real life personalities, and how some times its both hard to break out of and we get typecast into our roles. I thought we came away from the conversation getting closer to the real meaning of who we both were. :rolleyes: Turn your back on me ??? WOW, I would never do that to you or even Karen in person. Maybe I should have done that more on the virtual world.

I can never for the life of me understand why Karen becomes such a touch stone for the right wing fringe element of this forum. It's not like she had much interest in woodenboats and was here for the SOLE reason to C&P and run and push her political agenda. Her particular online persona was just short of a bot that post crap and never answers to it. Pick a better saint to anoint.

As for Charles ripping my head off

#1 Ill file that in my 1,287th physical threat made to me on the forum

#2 Bwaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ™

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I cannot recall that Karen ever started a thread that was not a political C&P. She may have, but if so it was the exception that proved the rule. Her interest only seemed to be in stirring the pot and ramping up emotions over the issues of the day. She succeeded only too well. I never participated in any of her threads. I don't like to respond to such obvious trolls. I'm sorry she chose to leave rather than modify her behavior, but it was her choice either way.

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry she chose to leave rather than modify her behavior, but it was her choice either way.

BRILLIANT http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Peter Malcolm Jardine
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Karen who?

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I'll give Karen credit: she didn't hide behind an anonymous moniker while making inflammatory posts. She posted under her actual name and location.

I have no use at all for the cowards who post crude, nasty and provocative BS on this Forum and absolutely refuse to identify themselves. If only we could run them off. Fat chance.

At least we know that Dutch posts from Shallotte, North Carolina. ;)

Mrleft8
06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Nah..... KMGresham started several non-political threads, including the infamous "Irmo Okra stomp" or "Irmo Okra trot" or something like that.... About the annual Irmo Okra festival, which she then went on to explain in excruciating detail.....I only wish she'd have posted pictures of the okra queen.....But alas..... I bet Paris would make a hot okra queen.... :D

P.L.Lenihan
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
[quote=Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson );

#1 Ill file that in my 1,287th physical threat made to me on the forum

/quote]

Jeeze Joe, those kinda numbers would give me pause......at least long enough to attempt figuring out why out of over 18,000 registered members I am such a **** magnet,no?

Load up TIDBIT with food,drink and books and take a 4 week cruise on her(if you have any vacation time coming to you in your line of work) and take her south for scary boating or motor north into lake Champlain where the water is really really clean.Good stuff for cleansing the soul too :)

Peter

Dutch
06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Dutch:) you have always treated me well. :)

I ask you kindly to not harass Dingo as he is my friend.

You know it's difficult to stand by quietly and see anyone attacking a friend. I'm sure you understand...:)

So again, please Let Dingo be in peace...

Thanks.:)

Hey Spin-

Thats WILD DRONGO NOT WILD DINGO

They are two seperate entities- I am sure one of the forum old timers can fill you in on the dirty details. :)

Dutch
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Nah..... KMGresham started several non-political threads, including the infamous "Irmo Okra stomp" or "Irmo Okra trot" or something like that.... About the annual Irmo Okra festival, which she then went on to explain in excruciating detail.....I only wish she'd have posted pictures of the okra queen.....But alas..... I bet Paris would make a hot okra queen.... :D

That would be an okra strut.

Big difference. :)

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Yep. I was raised around some southern ladies. They could skewer you, rip your heart out, and finish by saying, "Bless your heart."

For example..."That girl is dumber than a box of rocks, bless her heart."

or "Bless her heart, who told her that outfit matched those shoes?"

Sometimes, in the proper context, simply replying "Well bless your heart" was absolutely cutting. Intentionally so.

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
1500 of those threats were from Donn alone ;)

OY and I throw up a Lil in my mouth every time I hear the words Southern Lady

Oh and I'm out sailing Tidbit now :)

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
:eek:

Aren't you dating one?

Canoez
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
1500 of 1287? :confused:

Dutch
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I throw up a Lil in my mouth every time I hear the words Southern Lady

Youre seeing one so you ought to know. ;)

Kaa
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
LOL. Foot, meet mouth... :-)

Kaa

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
1500 of those threats were from Donn alone ;)

Oh and I'm out sailing Tidbit now :)

Dutch
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
............ that Drongo is nothing less than a bean pole, toothless, and hillbilly like in all regards .........

John of Phoenix
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep. I was raised around some southern ladies. They could skewer you, rip your heart out, and finish by saying, "Bless your heart."

For example..."That girl is dumber than a box of rocks, bless her heart."

or "Bless her heart, who told her that outfit matched those shoes?"

Sometimes, in the proper context, simply replying "Well bless your heart" was absolutely cutting. Intentionally so.
The best I ever heard was "Her husband hasn't been sober since Christmas, bless his heart." Followed by a hasty "Bless her heart."

Tom Montgomery
06-17-2008, 03:46 PM
:confused:

You've said this twice. Doesn't Tabitha live in Richmond, Virginia? You may have some explaining to do. :eek:

Captain Blight
06-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Is anybody getting up for more popcorn? This is getting interesting!!

Concordia...41
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Spin - "Wild Drongo" was a persona created by Memphis Mike many years ago to make fun of Wild Dingo and I don't know what all else.

It was 5+ years ago because Dave was still alive. I remember because the Forum was a smaller circle then and concerned that someone coming across the website for the first time would stumble across the bile-filled posts and think that's what this forum is about Chad and I stayed up half the night posting positive comments and dredging up old threads.

As time has told, it was quite futile. :(

- Margo

Chris Coose
06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I remember occasionally listening to Neal Bortz and the next AM finding a couple Karen threads on his various rants.

No substance. No follow through. And a brief history of nothing but throwing gas. Lady? Oh please.

At least the colorful here will follow through.

Is this goat thing the Reverend writes about confirmed? If it is true he bought a goat for lawn trimming, he wins.

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Tabitha is a Southern WOMAN. There is a difference she can speak her mind not just C&P and dosent have to hide behind "Bless yer heart " or her man.

Kaa
06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Tabitha is a Souther WOMAN.

So, in your opinion, she's no lady?

Free advice, Joe -- stop digging :D

Kaa

seanz
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM

- Margo

No it wasn't..............not trying to start an argument. :D
There is a lot more good than bad here but if it's perfection you want you'll have to look elsewhere..........try upstairs, there are a whole lot of really cool threads about a boat restoration in Florida that I really enjoyed.
:)

Dutch
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
.......as the Drongo continues his fairy like prance across the stage, his curses grow ever more strident ..... and phlegm dribbles onto his chin............

Spin_Drift
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey Spin-

Thats WILD DRONGO NOT WILD DINGO

They are two seperate entities- I am sure one of the forum old timers can fill you in on the dirty details. :)

Thanks for clearing this up.:):)

Dutch
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Wild Drongo" was a persona created by Memphis Mike many years ago to make fun of Wild Dingo and I don't know what all else

"What all else" was just generalized bile throwing- you know cursing, fuming, non sensical ranting against certain individuals ........ in other words- the usual. :)

Spin_Drift
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Spin - "Wild Drongo" was a persona created by Memphis Mike many years ago to make fun of Wild Dingo and I don't know what all else.

It was 5+ years ago because Dave was still alive. I remember because the Forum was a smaller circle then and concerned that someone coming across the website for the first time would stumble across the bile-filled posts and think that's what this forum is about Chad and I stayed up half the night posting positive comments and dredging up old threads.

- Margo

Thanks for the info Margo...:):)

Memphis Mike
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Well Chad, what cha think? You've created a happy medium for everyone to try to browbeat the sh!t outa me and they are all piling on. It reminds me of the George Roberts thread only now I'm the accused. Do I care? No.

I could care less if I never see any of you ever again.

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 06:21 PM
.......as the Drongo continues his fairy like prance across the stage, his curses grow ever more strident ..... and phlegm dribbles onto his chin............

:eek::eek::eek:This is amazing the troll with the most changed screen names is busting chops with a guy who once a loooooooooooooooong time ago used an alias Wild Drogo. Man talk about the Mountain Momma calling the Drogo black :)

As for Tabitha being a southern WOMAN yea she's no lady she can hold her own, sail a boat, and sand & varnish with the best of them, and dont need to worry about my feelings to keep on posting. Just look at her post during my sabbatical . She's ALL WOMAN. ;) No foot in mouth, we can leave that for Alan Foote another famous forum member that liked to change screen names.

Joe (SoCal)
06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I NEVER cared :p

She was a putz but the fact remains I did not drive her off it was huisjen ( Dan ) who felled the tree that was Karen. I can not accept such an award when so many other gave so much of themselves ;)

Why the hell should I be nice to a putz like Dutch who's changed his screen names more than Carroll Channing has changed her Depends

Oh and as for Carl Cramer and all the rest of them please :rolleyes: they took our dock lines when UNCAS came into Newport. Trust me you think I fear WoodenBoat Magazine as an all seeing GOD's. Puuuuuuulease

Yeadon
06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Okay.

The Bigfella
06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
settle petal

Phillip Allen
06-18-2008, 06:20 AM
I watched the whole Karen episode and it was sad, sad, sad...I won't point fingers...heck, except for a few I don't even remember who was involved...but she WAS run off and we can argue about the defination of "is" and "sex" all day but that won't change that fact for me

personally, I would prefer to move on and try to do better in the future...it will be enough

Paul G.
06-18-2008, 06:42 AM
ok you win, can we go home now?

Spin_Drift
06-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I wish we could all get along here in our "living room". There are many nice people here.

The attacking should stop. We all have good days and sometimes bad days and we behave differently on those days. Some are upset at something and use one of us for the release and that is wrong as it is a "wrong target". The outpour should be directed at the cause...

We don't have to agree on all things to maintain cordiality in comradeship. It's horrid to see someone attacked without provocation.

We should grow within ourselves to have a greater understanding, patience and tolerance for each other.

This forum can be a good teacher and we can learn about ourselves and grow as a person here if we use it that way.

There is good in all of us and we should nurture the good and it will grow.

The Bigfella
06-18-2008, 07:10 AM
The attacking should stop

C'mon Spinner - these are adolescent boys you are talking about.

Phillip Allen
06-18-2008, 07:27 AM
You TAKE that back!!!

(oh yeah...:)

Dutch
06-18-2008, 07:46 AM
The drongo takes another myopic look around the room..... clearly agitated with something unseen................ saliva begins to pool around his feet..........

Joe (SoCal)
06-18-2008, 08:10 AM
The drongo takes another myopic look around the room..... clearly agitated with something unseen................ saliva begins to pool around his feet..........

Simon Harwar
Dolly Varden
Dryer lint
Nevil Striker
Mountain Momma
Zimmer
Nelson
imported_Dutch

And on and on and on ......

Dutch
06-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Simon Harwar?

John of Phoenix
06-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Simon Harwar?

Must have been your evil twin.

Popeye
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
edit: sonny malvo

Tom Montgomery
06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Tommy Bonds

Popeye
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
eramus b dragon ?

Dutch
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I remember Tommy. He had a bit of a dilema going there, poor guy.

And as I remember a chubby son.

Kaa
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
You people really had nothing better to do than to keep track of Dutch's aliases in a spreadsheet..? :eek:

Kaa

Popeye
06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
i print off your posts every night and line my bird cage

Joe (SoCal)
06-18-2008, 01:06 PM
i print off your posts every night and line my bird cage

Spew :D :D :D

PatCassidy
06-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what any of this is about, but I have to agree with the issue about pseudonyms - unless you are posting from work. Kind of like ringing the doorbell and then running away.

David Tabor (sailordave)
06-18-2008, 03:39 PM
You people really had nothing better to do than to keep track of Dutch's aliases in a spreadsheet..? :eek:

Kaa

My thought EXACTLY!:D:rolleyes:

Cripes I don't have enough time to work, take care of the yard and work on my boats as it is... Oh and go sailing occasionally.

I still am trying to wrap my head around the concept of getting into a verbal battle w/ someone online and perpetuating said war of words.

Dutch
06-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I have no idea what any of this is about, but I have to agree with the issue about pseudonyms - unless you are posting from work. Kind of like ringing the doorbell and then running away.

Its the stomping of the burning bag that is the fun part. :)

Memphis Mike
06-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Could we please get back on topic. This thread is supposed to be about me.

Yeadon
06-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I thought it was about Joe.

Joe (SoCal)
06-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I thought it was about Dutch

Memphis Mike
06-18-2008, 04:51 PM
I want to hear some more about how I ran KM Gresham from the forum. That one is funny.:D

Captain Blight
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Paris would make it four.

Yeadon
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Paris would make it four.

Now I got it. My mistake. The rest of us makes five?

P.L.Lenihan
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
No,the rest of "us" would make it zero, it's not about us :-)

Peter

Memphis Mike
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah when ol Jeff Smith gets all pouty and starts cryin for his Karen again, it's just too funny!:D

When he says he doesn't want to ever run into me again well I'm here to tell ya...... the feeling is mutual.

When I camped with him in Georgia he sat around the campground that afternoon and evening farting loudly. It was the crudest display of behavior I had ever seen.......or smelled!:eek:

Now everybody farts, I know, but to do it so loud and in front of people you just met?

I don't ever want to be around that fart blossum again!

botebum
06-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Flatulence is an art. HTFU Mikey.

Doug

ishmael
06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
"All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness."

Tennessee Williams

glenallen
06-18-2008, 09:07 PM

:D:D:D
You're no good, Mike!
Admit it, you're just having fun, aren't you?

SaltyD from BC
06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I could care less if I never see any of you ever again.

Tough sledd'n this. :confused:

Memphis Mike
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
You're no good, Mike!
Admit it, you're just having fun, aren't you?

Not really Glenn. You would be surprised.

Katherine
06-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Strange, I've never claimed to be superior to any one.:confused:

Kaa
06-19-2008, 01:28 AM
I could put down a list of names and tell you what each and every one of them really is.

I think in medical literature that's called "delusions of grandeur".

Kaa

P.L.Lenihan
06-19-2008, 03:34 AM
and in the lexicon of the common man it is called"'bull ****".

Peter

joeha
06-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Will somebody please insert Paris below! I would if I knew how.

Joe

seanz
06-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Will somebody please insert Paris below! I would if I knew how.

Joe

:confused::confused::confused:

Ohhhhhh, a picture.........got it.

Spin_Drift
06-19-2008, 05:36 AM
This is for Memphis Mike...:)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/Misc/paris.jpg

I have to say she does have sexappeal and she surely knows how to market herself.

Anyone that can make between 500.000 to a million dollars just to show up in a party has something we dont...

Concordia...41
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Anyone that can make between 500.000 to a million dollars just to show up in a party has something we dont...

A good agent? ;)

Seems like with all that money she could afford food :p

Phillip Allen
06-19-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm more dismayed by the fools that support her by going to those "parties"

cs
06-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Being as I started this thread I might need to add some more.

This thread was not to bash Mike. I was hoping that it would be an eye opener and that maybe he might try to be a little less rude in his post.

Apperantly it is not going to work and it looks like I end up being the goat after all. I appreciate all the support both here and via PM. Sorry for the trouble.

Chad

cs
06-19-2008, 07:28 AM
You are right Rich. I was just a little discourged when I posted last.

Chad

Dutch
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
just as drongo makes a feeble attempt to amble off stage, a loud explosion is heard in the background............. a puff of smoke expands into the spotlight and.............

Memphis Mike
06-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Being as I started this thread I might need to add some more.

This thread was not to bash Mike. I was hoping that it would be an eye opener and that maybe he might try to be a little less rude in his post.

Apperantly it is not going to work and it looks like I end up being the goat after all. I appreciate all the support both here and via PM. Sorry for the trouble.

Chad

You didn't expect this to turn into an attack thread on me? This is all I'm going to say and then I'm out.

Apparently you really aren't very smart.

And now I'll add you to my ignore list also.

Memphis Mike
06-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Well apparently I can't add you to my ignore list because you are a forum moderator.

cs
06-19-2008, 12:27 PM
FYI I'm not a forum moderator, I had just joined that "imported admn users" group just to see what it was.

Ignore me or not, I really was trying to be helpful.

Chad

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
06-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I was worried that things had changed on the forum since I've been away.
My fears were unfounded I see.

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Hmmm.... I just joined the "Imported Admin Users" group, myself.

I see that I can no longer be placed on anyone's "Ignore List" but, apart from that, I don't seem to have acquired any other super powers. :confused:

PatCox
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
This crowd is so self-absorbed its amazing; all you all do is talk about yourself talking about whether you should be talking about yourselves talking about what its correct to talk about. Half the threads, agonized navel-gazing, "whats become of us," "should The Bilge be Allowed," "Liberals are Mean," "Conservatives are Mean," "So and So is Rude," and on and on, and now Ishmael starts a thread to talk about the thread that talks about how we talk to each other.

Boats, anyone? Chicks? Dirty jokes? Bikinis?

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Cathars?

Dutch
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
This crowd is so self-absorbed its amazing; all you all do is talk about yourself talking about whether you should be talking about yourselves talking about what its correct to talk about. Half the threads, agonized navel-gazing, "whats become of us," "should The Bilge be Allowed," "Liberals are Mean," "Conservatives are Mean," "So and So is Rude," and on and on, and now Ishmael starts a thread to talk about the thread that talks about how we talk to each other.

did you ever get that sputtering outboard going Pat?

Phillip Allen
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
No...or he wouldn't be so grumpy :)

JTA
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I see that I can no longer be placed on anyone's "Ignore List" but, apart from that, I don't seem to have acquired any other super powers. :confused:

I am sure Scot will change it now that the cat is out of the bag, but I have it on good authority that people on that list get an email when there is a reported post. Pretty interesting what some people "report" when they are taking a self imposed break

Jack

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Cathars?

Ebionites and Nazarenes, Tom? Anyone?

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Weren't they early observant-Jewish Christians?

The Cathars were Christian dualists who claimed roots to the earliest Christianity. We know that some of their ceremonies indeed were identical to early Christian practice. The Cathar Perfects were referred to as "Bonhommes" or "Good Christians." They had a reputation for stellar behavior and holy asceticism even among their Catholic enemies. They believed that spirit was good and the creation of the new testament God, while the Earth, the human body, and everything material was evil and created by the Jehovah of the old testament. Sex was therefore evil. Their theology seems bizarre to the modern mind, but consider that the Catholic Church taught that enjoyment of sex was evil and that Satan was always at work in this world. The average peasant of the middle ages was unlikely to understand such fine distinctions. Life for most was brutish, nasty and short. They gravitated to men and women who appeared to be living holy lives, in an era when the Catholic clergy were shockingly corrupt.

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I remember a bit of a discussion about them sometime ago (came up amidst one of the SamF froths...). I happened upon a very good article on them....was it you that was saying something about them?

Sue H.
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM

Pat, you are - as always - a breath of fresh air. The snarly voice of reason in a cloud of befuddled soliloquies. :D

I love that this has evolved into an interesting discussion about religion and ancient sects. This place is a cocktail party that goes round the clock and round the world, and it certainly has its moments, and the conversation is frequently insightful and interesting.

And then sometimes, just inciteful and ....interesting.:o

glenallen
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM
A good agent? ;)

Seems like with all that money she could afford food :p

And clothing!
Will that girl please cover up some of that hide?:D

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Deb -- yes. It was me.

ishmael
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I wasn't going to post to this, and maybe it belongs on another thread, but one of the puzzling things in reading the Christian Testament is that James, said by the NT to be the brother of Jesus, remained in the Jerusalem temple after Jesus was crucified. He became the leader of a Jewish movement within the temple called, "The Way. It seems clear from Acts that at least some of the early followers of Jesus considered themselves very much Jews.

Puzzling evidence. It wasn't until Paul came along with his visions that what we call Christianity really got its start. And Paul had never met Jesus.

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Deb -- yes. It was me.

You may find this very interesting/informative, Tom...
http://www.christian-thinktank.com/qnazonly.html

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 10:15 PM
And then the Romans flattened Jerusalem circa 70 AD, the members of the Jerusalem Church were largely killed, the remainder scattered. And Pauline Christianity filled the void.

glenallen
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
"And Paul had never met Jesus."

And neither has anybody else in the past 2,000 years, but I see people every day who talk about Jesus as if he were an old pard of theirs.
Power of suggestion, wishful thinking, indoctrination? Yes?
I figgered!

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I wasn't going to post to this, and maybe it belongs on another thread, but one of the puzzling things in reading the Christian Testament is that James, said by the NT to be the brother of Jesus, remained in the Jerusalem temple after Jesus was crucified.

Not sure why that is puzzling, ish. What are you thinking?

He became the leader of a Jewish movement within the temple called, "The Way. It seems clear from Acts that the at least some of the early followers of Jesus considered themselves very much Jews.

Absolutely. The first followers were Jewish, and they were considered a sect of Judaism...hence initial confusion, and much to rethink/sort out, when Gentiles were converted (Acts 10 - the Roman Centurion Cornelius = the first Gentile convert). Really threw their snuggies in a knot for a while.

Puzzling evidence. It wasn't until Paul came along with his visions that what we call Christianity really got its start.

Actually, not. Peter was the one involved in the Cornelius event, which obviously forced them all to reconsider what this was all about. Paul will be very vocal against the Judaizers, trying to force Judaism onto new Christian converts, pointing out the arrival of the new covenant and the nullification of the old (reinforced with the destruction of the temple in AD70 = end of the sacrificial system).

And Paul had never met Jesus.

Actually, not! Met Him on the road traveling to Damascus.

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 10:25 PM
And then the Romans flattened Jerusalem circa 70 AD, the members of the Jerusalem Church were largely killed, the remainder scattered. And Pauline Christianity filled the void.

"Pauline" Christianity was well established before the fall of Jerusalem. "Pauline" Christianity was the result of the first council, Jerusalem (Acts 15).

A majority of the Christians in Jerusalem got out before the fall in AD70, but there had been a large dispersion prior to that - initiated by the stoning of Stephen; moved them out from Jerusalem into Judea and Samaria.

ishmael
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
It probably doesn't belong here. But Deb, my point about Paul, and you ask too many questions to answer in a single post, was that he'd never met Jesus face to face in the flesh, had never broken bread with him. His encounter with Jesus on the road was mystical. And I'm not one to discount that out of hand, but we need to listen also to those who knew the man face to face. And the reports are various. The NT is full of sometimes contradictory reports. Throw in the so-called Gnostic Gospels and the picture becomes even muddier. I don't think they have any less claim just because a counsel of powerful bishops DECIDED in 300 something at Nicea.

"Drink from my mouth, and I will drink from yours, and you will become as I am." Paraphrase.

ishmael
06-19-2008, 11:19 PM
An answer to one of Deb's questions. Why is it important that James was reported as a Jew? James, again by NT testimony, was a follower of Jesus though not one of the apostles. That he, after his brother was crucified by the Romans, stayed in the Jerusalem temple is very telling. It says this wasn't a radically new vision enough to cause a major schism. Jesus was a prophet, not a god man. It's a vital distinction in how one views Christianity.

Are you going to believe a man who actually lived and walked with this prophet, or are you going to believe a visionary who by most modern measure would be considered mad?

Tom Montgomery
06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I've deleted my post here and re-posted it in a new thread.

Memphis Mike
06-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Pat, you are - as always - a breath of fresh air. The snarly voice of reason in a cloud of befuddled soliloquies. :D

I love that this has evolved into an interesting discussion about religion and ancient sects. This place is a cocktail party that goes round the clock and round the world, and it certainly has its moments, and the conversation is frequently insightful and interesting.

And then sometimes, just inciteful and ....interesting.:o

I don't like it. This thread is about my "atrocious behavior" on this forum as seen in the eyes of one very small man.

Please keep it on topic.............honey.:D:eek:

glenallen
06-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't like it. This thread is about my "atrocious behavior" on this forum as seen in the eyes of one very small man.

Please keep it on topic.............honey.:D:eek:

Memphis Mike
06-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't want no religion on this un. I'm agin it. I'll do something drastic.......

Night Glenn.;)

Wild Dingo
06-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Flamin stike a bloody light fellas!!! What the hells goin on here??? I mean COMEFRIGGINON!!!!

Look not to be narky or anything but religion has no place in this thread!! THIS IS A THREAD about some git named somthing or other mike so come on get it right eh?? strewth some people just cant help themselves can they always with the religion or politics :rolleyes:

This IS a thread about a former excellent forumite named something or other mike!!

Chad started a thread THIS THREAD to try to help him sort himself out be a bit more considerate a forumite and what the blazes do yous mob of bible thumpin brow beatin wombats droppins do??? Make it about religion!!! :rolleyes:

Come of the grass!!

Its not about religion

Its not about politics

Its not about Joe (CSOH)... now that is a FIRST!! ;)

Its not about Me you or anyone else...

Its not about woodenboat or woodenboats

Its not about dutch or his multiple personas

Lets get this right okay...

This is a thread ABOUT mike!!!

gawd Im gonna bitchslap someone shortly :mad:

Now back to the "memphis mike is an insensitive completely inconsiderate moron thread" if you please :D

And hey Im in a flamin brilliant mood had a bottler of a day so far and intend to keep enjoying it too... as they say in the classics
"this too shall pass" and so it will but it wont if yous mob dont bloody focus!!! :p

Cheers
Shane

Nanoose
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
sorry, dingo...:(...I moved most of it...:(...forgive me, please? :( :o

does it help if I repeat after you, "mike is an insensitive completely inconsiderate moron"??

Wild Dingo
06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
yep sounds damned fine and dandy to me Deb!! ;) :cool:

Memphis Mike
06-20-2008, 12:05 AM
"Now back to the "memphis mike is an insensitive completely inconsiderate moron thread" if you please :D"

Now this is cool.:cool:

Tom Montgomery
06-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I've tried my best to hate all of you... but I just can't do it. You're just gonna have to put up with my tolerance.

boylesboats
06-20-2008, 12:21 AM
"Now back to the "memphis mike is an insensitive completely inconsiderate moron thread" if you please :D"

Now this is cool.:cool:

Mike, what is that brown stain on your nose?

Wild Dingo
06-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Mike, what is that brown stain on your nose?

:D :D :D :D oooooooooh now THAT was a good one Larry!!! :D :D

boylesboats
06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
:D :D :D :D oooooooooh now THAT was a good one Larry!!! :D :D

Thank Dingo.... I think, I deserved to say that..

seanz
06-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Glory, Hallalujah.
Mike has turned back to the light.

I'll stop trying to ignore you now.

But you're still on super double secret probation.

The Bigfella
06-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I think Sue must've given him some medicine

switters
06-24-2008, 03:16 PM
gawd Im gonna bitchslap someone shortly :mad:

Wild dingo finally used a phrase I didn't have to look up or ask one of my OZ drinking mates to translate.

but since this thread is really about MMike, good on ya, I like Paris too. Or bad, whatever it is you've been up to this time.