PDA

View Full Version : Not quite sure how that happened.

Milo Christensen
06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
So my son comes over for Father's Day. We shoot the breeze. He helps me fix a part of the shade structure that needs two tall guys on step ladders. We explore a new bike path running off the park down the side of the river. We order deluxe large pizza. He pays, "Chill Dad, it's cool, it's Father's Day". We spend some quality couch potatoe time watching a movie on the tube. Since he's been working 6 10 hour afternoon shifts I don't get to see him as often as I'd like to, so it was all around a pretty good day.

But somehow, I've given him, and he's just driven off with, my kevlar/carbon fiber solo canoe on top of his car. How did that happen?

The Bigfella
06-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Milo! Give him a couple of days and call him and ask him when he's bringing it back.

Kaa
06-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Beer? :D

Kaa

pipefitter
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I took my son fishing today. I let him drive the boat. He then asks me when I die, who gets the boat, he or his older brother. I told him I am going to leave it for them to fight over so he better eat his veggies.

Aed
06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
But somehow, I've given him, and he's just driven off with, my kevlar/carbon fiber solo canoe on top of his car. How did that happen?

Wow! That's more than I got from my father on Father's Day! :D

Milo Christensen
06-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I've haven't used that canoe for two years, but I'm kind of going to miss it, especially with all the trees and branches down in the rivers after this last series of monster T-storms.

Truth be told (to all but SWMBO), I wanted to build another one anyway, slightly bigger, I think this one will be built using a Wee Lassie II mold and just be two layers of kevlar. The one I gave him was built on a Wee Lassie mold and only weighed 18 pounds, but needs another layer of epoxy on the outside.

Tar Devil
06-16-2008, 06:00 PM
My son couldn't be with me Father's Day. Had some kind of party that was more important...

Katherine
06-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I wanted to be with Dad, but he had to be with the truck. Diesel cost to much to turn down loads.:( At least I got to talk to him several times.:p

pipefitter
06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
I never really cared about the designated days for acknowledgment. My sons treat me to many fathers days thru the year. Nothing grand or out of the way but just consideration and good thoughts like, " hey dad, lets go fishing this weekend". That's always been enough just to know they still like to hang with the old man.

Bruce Taylor
06-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Truth be told (to all but SWMBO), I wanted to build another one anyway, slightly bigger,

I saw that coming a mile away. :D

Give one away, build a new one. Spread the joy. http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

St.Kitts Doug
06-16-2008, 09:18 PM
My son couldn't be with me Father's Day. Had some kind of party that was more important...

Couldn't be with my Father, He died 16 years ago - yet it seems like yesterday.