PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Michael Beckman

Hwyl
06-14-2008, 05:41 AM
And all the other graduates (including Gavin from Casco Bay)

from the weekend doin's thread.

saturday: graduation at 1, party after

P.S. Cass too (thanks Paul, I was not sure they had American style graduation in Finland)

Michael Beckman
06-14-2008, 05:49 AM
thanks. its weird feeling to think i'm done with school. i'm pretty used to the routine after 12 years...

Paul Pless
06-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Congratulation out to Michael, Cass, and Gavin!

Spin_Drift
06-14-2008, 05:55 AM
...and from all of us...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/WBF%20Birthdays/CongratulationsMichael.jpg

Spinner, Cass & Kalevala...

botebum
06-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Congratualtions to all that are graduating. 26 years ago when I graduated from high school my grandfather said to me, "You've got the world by the balls. It's time to make soup."(He was kinda wierd but it's stuck with me all this time.)

Doug

Vince Brennan
06-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Michael, I am constantly struck with shaking knees on seeing that picture and realizing that you are the future hope of the world.... then I read your posts and am reassured again that we're probably in safe hands.

Congratulations on graduation, and much success in your future education, be it formal or informal. I suspect you'll be outstanding at whatever you turn your... ahhh, again, looking at that pic I shudder to say this, but... mind to.

Yer a keeper.

bamamick
06-14-2008, 06:23 AM
That's a pretty cool graduation picture, but I don't see the little tassel (how is that spelled anyway?) thingee on your hat?

Congratulations! Now, go be productive. Do something good with your life.

Mickey Lake

Canoez
06-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Congratulations, Michael. And no, you're not "done" with school. You either go on to other higher education or start the one known as the School of Life!

Claudia
06-14-2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.themusicdepot.com/acatalog/Product_10323_lg.jpg

Bill R
06-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Congratulations!

No, you are not done with school... Just high school. You spend your entire life learning. Besides, down the road, life may take an interesting twist or two, and you will find yourself back in school. SWMBO went from Events Promotion and Marketing to going back to school for a degree in History, a degree in Russian Studies, a Masters in American and New England Studies, and is on her way to a Doctorate in History. Quite a change from the original plans.

paladin
06-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Congrats to all grads....onward and upward.....
and gee.....to think that I graduated a half century ago (just got an invite for the 50th reunion..)

TimH
06-14-2008, 08:14 AM
The Woodenboat school awaits.....

either that or Subway :)

sv Lorelei
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
either that or Subway :)

Go for the big bucks, Michael! And congrats!

Wild Dingo
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Well done young fella :cool:

And Cassiewoo! ;)

And any other young fella or sheila just steppin out into the big wide world

You got the world by the knuts... now go shake some and make your world ROCK!!! :D

Learn SOMETHING everyday... NEVER think or believe you know it there are ALWAYS new and better ways of doing it... whatever it may be... be open be alive think wide and with a thought to the different... be careful in life so you can live long and prosper... not just financially but in all ways more important is to be yourself be proud of who and what you are be kind to yourself be gentle on yourself and of course ROCK THE WORLD with your presence!! :D

Never EVER let ANYONE no matter how much you love them or admire them NEVER let anyone control who you are what you do or what and how you think feel and do... be always true to you

Have a great life!!! :cool:

Spin_Drift
06-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Well done young fella :cool:

And Cassiewoo! ;)

And any other young fella or sheila just steppin out into the big wide world

You got the world by the knuts... now go shake some and make your world ROCK!!! :D

Learn SOMETHING everyday... NEVER think or believe you know it there are ALWAYS new and better ways of doing it... whatever it may be... be open be alive think wide and with a thought to the different... be careful in life so you can live long and prosper... not just financially but in all ways more important is to be yourself be proud of who and what you are be kind to yourself be gentle on yourself and of course ROCK THE WORLD with your presence!! :D

Never EVER let ANYONE no matter how much you love them or admire them NEVER let anyone control who you are what you do or what and how you think feel and do... be always true to you

Have a great life!!! :cool:

Very well said...

Lew Barrett
06-14-2008, 10:51 AM
A fine fellow, well met, you show us that there is great promise and that we're still capable of turning out great young men. A pleasure to share the waves with you!

Tom Montgomery
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Michael!

Hughman
06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Is it to be a cubicle?

or:

To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... "cruising" it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.
-Stirling Hayden, Wanderer

Congrats on your survival. On to Debauchery!! :D

Captain Blight
06-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Bravo, young man! Well played.

Remember: Education is not the filling of a vessel but the lighting of a fire. Never stop learning, it's the best way to a rich life, fully experienced. You've only got one life. Live it well.

Now go get laid.

Paul Girouard
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Now go get laid.

See if you can bag the Capt'ns daughter Mike .

Oh ya , congrats , now get a job ya bum!:)

Michael Beckman
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
ahh, so tired

still having graduation party with family

Robbie 2
06-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Congratulations to you all:)

Yeadon
06-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Stay away from the cubicles. I repeat ...

Captain Blight
06-15-2008, 01:33 AM
ahh, so tired

still having graduation party with family

It's only 11:30 pac time! Go grab a sixer of Red Hooks and see if you can find a hippie chick who's grossed out by her own body hair and depilates but finds a competent young feller who's handy with adze and drawknife to have the seXXai....

paul, I'm not actually a Cap'n yet-- nor do I have a daughter (nor a son, so don't come around here if you're cruisin' for some action LOL)-- but if I did I'd point her in Michael's direction. That kid has a lot on the ball. I think he was born 36 years old.

BETTY-B
06-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Good job Michael! The begining is such a fun place. Enjoy it!

Sincerely,
DAN

Michael Beckman
06-15-2008, 02:00 AM
all over! finally some relaxation.

no beers for me, i dont drink.. rather unusual in that regard it seems.
no girls either.. unfortunantly. >_> none of them are interested in long term relationships at this age. well. thats not true. theres plenty.. they're just already taken. damned small towns.

Anyway, i done did graducated. Got my diploma and such. had a whole bunch of family over for the day.. was fun. my bank account total is about to double on monday when the banks reopen. Now i've got funds for camping gear to go with my boat when thats done. save the rest for food, and i'll be all set to sail off for a month or two. I think desolation sound would be interesting. nice warm water up there.

anyway, im massively tired because i didnt sleep much, and spent the entire day giving nephews and cousins piggy back rides, and being tackled to the ground many many times. Thanks all for the kind comments.. I'll stay away from cubicles(and ceilings!)

AussieBarney
06-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Congratulations Micheal and Cass and to all the other young 'uns graduating today. Remember, keep an open mind. it isn't always as it first looks and also remember, when you stop learning yuo start dying. go give 'em heaps. Barney