Anybody remember it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9b7KZcaYCY

Norm

boylesboats
05-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I haven't heard of it...

pila
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I hadn't heard of it either, but it would be interesting to watch.

pcford
06-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Seems like I've heard of it....never seen it. The trailer was clearly aimed at recruiting sponsors. And it would be an expensive program to produce. Restoration shops are spread all over the country...restoration takes a long time....crew is not going to be standing around waiting for boat to be done...not with crew costs in the thousands of dollars a day for even a simple shoot.

The trailer is nicely done....maybe it made it onto a cable channel...we only have basic cable here.

S/V Laura Ellen
06-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Seems they are still working on the project.

http://www.thisoldboat.com/

Lew Barrett
06-01-2008, 09:56 AM
There was, I watched it (here, on the Speed Channel) and it sucked. The guy taught nothing to anybody who actually had the will to "do it yourself" and the "old boats" were 1996 Whalers and Grady Whites in need of bimini covers and bait wells. It was very poorly done.
Boy, am I grouchy these days!

Paul Girouard
06-01-2008, 10:12 AM
(here, on the Speed Channel)

Boy, am I grouchy these days!

Whats the Speed Channel?

You need to get more sleep Lew , I read where you where up having sex till 3AM:eek:

Humm maybe it was watching puppet sex till 3AM :D:(

Lew Barrett
06-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Hehe! Not me...the puppets, Paul! To quote Peter Sellers, "I like to watch!"

Anyway, I hope they do a better job this time, and Speedvision or the Speed Channel (or whatever they call it) is where it used to air. A big goofy guy in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt ran around all over these Sea Rays and glued on teak strips and said things like "don't forget to tighten down those nuts." Trust me, it was no place you wanted to go!

BBSebens
06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
A well done show like this would be great. I hope something comes along...

Jim Ledger
06-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Lew, didn't you have the bronze casting class this weekend?

StevenBauer
06-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure this is the same show Lew. I don't think this one has aired yet.

Steven

ChrisBen
06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
You might be thinking of this one,
Ship Shape TV (http://www.shipshapetv.com/)
Haven't watched it in a while, but he was always working on his Grady White.

Lew Barrett
06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I did Jim, just came home for a late lunch, then off to Rita to finish some small odds and ends. Sam says Hi! I'll post some pictures tonight. We got there this AM at 9, did a small pour (cute thing my wife "patterned" I'll put up a picture) and spent the rest of our time finishing what I poured yesterday. Sam's class is great. Highly recommended, and as you know, he'll be in Mystic and I think is staying at the Whaler.

For those that might take his course, you'll learn a bunch, but don't bring anything too ambitious. One's first castings should be simple, practical things. Fortunately, I needed exactly those items. Essentially, I made all the castings for my Hvalsoe project, so I came away with a small stash of perfectly usable handmade hardware that will suit her perfectly. Making some Herreshoff cleats for Rita wasn't as easy (I think I was getting tired because they weren't complicated items and should have come out fine), and the results were less satisfactory. Back to scrap for those.

Next time someone says I should go pound sand, I'll know where the term came from.:D

Great Kitchen Project Jim! Beautiful!

Lew Barrett
06-01-2008, 04:13 PM
You might be thinking of this one,
Ship Shape TV (http://www.shipshapetv.com/)
Haven't watched it in a while, but he was always working on his Grady White.

You and Stephen are quite right! I have an aversion to that show. OK, all my prior comments should be disregarded by the jury. It was Ship Shape TV that I thought was silly. I assume my characterization of it struck a harmonious chord.....what a waste of air space!

Apologies in advance to "This Old Boat!" Hopefully it will be a thrill to watch.

Lewisboats
06-01-2008, 11:36 PM
They're playing a song that only came out late last year...this isn't all that old! there is also a show further down on the related...a part 2 of a schooner resto and if you go down the related list on this video you find the first part. They seem to be scattered around...there might even be more but I didn't continue looking...too tired right now

Saltiguy
06-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Speed vision channel did have another show - it might have been called Classic Boat(?) On that show, they would showcase restored classic boats, runabouts, cruisers, sail, etc. The boats were well shown, but the show featured a young woman who I found very annoying. She asked dumb questions and they seemed to feature her more than the boats themselves. It lasted for one season as I recall.